It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message from Chuck Yeager to those beardy guys camping outside the Nellis range

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
AF magazine

Where’s the Beef? I read with a great deal of interest the article about UFOs in the June issue of the Air Force Magazine ["USAF and the UFOs," p. 68]. I drew a conclusion: "When are we going to quit wasting paper on stories with absolutely no scientific evidence?" I have flown in Air Force cockpits for over 69 years, in every country in the world and including Area 51 and Tonopah. I have never seen anything in the air that I [couldn’t identify]. You can get wild stories from anyone who is interested in getting published including a few beardy people who camp around Site 51 and Tonopah. Brig. Gen. Charles E. Yeager, USAF (Ret.) Penn Valley, Calif.

I'd salute you Chuck, but I'm not worthy. Incidentally, I was at the Edwards open house where Yeager broke the sound barrier for the last time. Standing on my tippy toes, I got to see crash crew hose down his plane, a retirement ceremony.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

And you can also get mundane stories from people who have never seen them.

Was Mr. Yeager trying to say that if you don't see something it doesn't exist ?

I sure hope not.

I've never seen anything in the sky that I could identify as an alien craft, but I'm not going to go so far as to say that because of that they don't exist. That would be a very narrow point of view IMO.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Chuck Yeager is a jock-douchebag.

I don't care what he hasn't seen!

I haven't seen quarks, but they're there!!!

...what a j'moach!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
AF magazine

Where’s the Beef? I read with a great deal of interest the article about UFOs in the June issue of the Air Force Magazine ["USAF and the UFOs," p. 68]. I drew a conclusion: "When are we going to quit wasting paper on stories with absolutely no scientific evidence?" I have flown in Air Force cockpits for over 69 years, in every country in the world and including Area 51 and Tonopah. I have never seen anything in the air that I [couldn’t identify].You can get wild stories from anyone who is interested in getting published including a few beardy people who camp around Site 51 and Tonopah. Brig. Gen. Charles E. Yeager, USAF (Ret.) Penn Valley, Calif.

The real point is that General Yeager can identify, by sight and brain, many things that the beardy people can't. Is that plausible? You betcha.

I have heard in person, from the CIA historian, on the record, that a number of older 'UFO' report in 1950's were in fact tests and operations from intelligence operations like the U-2 and Corona. They were publicly considered 'unsolved' at the time. He could discuss these since they had been declassified when he spoke. The presumption was that others have not been declassified and he couldn't discuss them.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread. I have worked with Yeager, and also flown thousands of hours in Air Force jets. I have met other pilots who have seen UFOs and entered them in logs. I also have entered them in logs, and have seen them. I appreciate his skeptical position, simply because he may be a little p***d that other guys have seen them and he hasn't.

I want to thank him for his incredible service, nontheless.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well without photographic proof, the claim is less likely to be believed. I suppose you can interpret that as less likely to be real.

It is best to assume as little as possible. Lex parsimoniae. If something mechanical flying around, it is a safer bet to assume it is man-made. If it does something you don't think is possible, you may not know the limits of possibility.

In the states, when I hear hoof beats, horses are more likely than zebras.

Yeagar used to do ammo drops to the ranchers around Tonopah. I don't know the exact story. to do ammo drops to the ranchers around Tonopah. I don't know the exact story.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
by the same logic I have never met/seen Chuck before...He musta been Make Believe

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is how you treat veterans? And credible sources? That figures.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
With all due respect to Yeager (whom I greatly admire), not seeing something does not constitute its non-existence. There are millions of people, some more credible than Chuck Yeager, who have seen something that they couldn't identify or explain.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
ive never seen a bald eagle.
ive never seen the planet neptune.
ive never seen the bottom of the ocean.
ive never seen my own brain or my own #-hole....

lol

apparently breaking the sound barrier doesnt require logic or reason... i always figured as much.

and yes, of course, all respect due to the first guy who sat in something that went really fast... im sure he deserves it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
what an idiot
just lost all respect

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well I never met Chuck Yeager, but I think he would be proud to have disturbed the fecal matter here!

The Roadrunners talked a bit about being UFOs. I was at their last conference in Vegas, but haven't reviewed the youtube video, so I might not be on target 100%. But my recollection of the talks is that that they certainly never did any hairpin turns. They were lucky if they could turn the plane over just one state when flying at mach 3. Remember, you don't want to turn so sharp as to black out or damage the plane from stress. As far as being spotted heading back to Groom, it happened a few times.

Oh, and no true Scotsman would argue with Chuck Yeager. ;-)
www.theskepticsguide.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

yes, of course, everyone who disagrees with your opinion of someone elses opinion based on no evidence is "fecal matter"

whatever lets you sleep at night.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
I have worked with Yeager, and also flown thousands of hours in Air Force jets
BS, pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I would say off hand that General Yeager has some interest in this debate that he's not talking about.

He's being "an authority," and this debate graduated beyond that stage a long time ago.

State your case in rational language or stand down.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
YEAGER MIESTER is full of crapolla, or then again maybe he hasn't seen anything???? There are millions of people that have never seen alien space craft, then there are airliners full of passengers pilots, radar and ground control crews that have

I think 1 man makes no difference unless he can prove otherwise and as far as mr, yeagers test piloting, anyone in the business could have done what he accomplished, he was just chosen, so that really doesn't say much Either, other than hes crazy
edit on 13-9-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I whould have never expected such lines from chuck, I thought he was a gifted individual, with somewhat higher than average intellect, guess I was wrong.

Gariac, respect is earned, not deserved by default.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Saltarello

sure, he didnt build the craft, or design the craft, or understand the theories and science that makes the craft work.. but he sure sat in it and didnt die one little bit.

that deserves some respect.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

LOL the reason he can't see UFO's is because he's had all his vaccinations:

www.thewomenwarriors.net...

"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse, out
of the corner of my eye, I turned to look but it was gone,
I cannot put my finger on it now... the child is grown, the
dream is gone, I have become comfortably numb."
(Words by 'Pink Floyd')

---------------------
We were told that there was a great smallpox epidemic
coming to the land and all the children must be vaccinated.
My grandfather used to say that the white man's vaccination
makes you blind and if you are to look after the cattle you
must not go to the trading store to get your vaccination.
"Inspectors used to come and check each child for signs
of vaccination. Our grandmother used to give us great pain
in order to save our spiritual eyes. Grains of maize would
be heated up and pushed against the skin of the child, and
so when the schools inspectors came he saw the blisters
and assumed the child had been vaccinated…and I noticed
that school children in mission schools who had been
vaccinated for smallpox or measles could not see
spiritual entities at all.
A flying saucer would fly through the
sky at great speed and be seen by many
men and women but the children who had
been vaccinated would see nothing and
I noticed this hundreds of times."
CREDO MUTWA

either that or he is disinforming

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Clearly you have a reading comprehension problem. Go back and look at my post. Chuck disturbed the fecal matter (a phrase designed to keep this forum family friendly) of ATS. It is not directed at any one individual. I have not accused anyone of having fecal matter for brains, er though the thought may have crossed my mind.

Yeager flew the range where the testing took place. He has probably seen his share of test articles. It is quite different from the bearded ones watching the range with binocs. Plus he may have seen the articles on the ground.

Regarding the other posts, I have seen photographs of bald eagles. I believe they exists. Same goes for Neptune. There is scientific proof.

The trouble with the UFO crowd is they simply offer no proof. Go to the Little Alien sometime and look at Kathleen Ford's UFO photos. Just shaky shots of Nellis illumination flares. The Ufers have had decades to come up with physical proof, yet nada.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join