It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ returns after a solar eclipse and a blood red moon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
1) We can explain solar eclipses...they happen all the time somewhere on the planet.
2) We can explain why the moon is sometimes coloured red.

In short, they might just as well have written "Christ will return once a dog barks twice"

Signs are written for all to see. It is much more than a red moon. It is much more than dogs barking.

Have you read about the signs from the "Big Book"? It describes in detail what will come before and during and after.

What is your "source" for your existence?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Here are just a few of the scriptures about the Rapture:

Matthew 24:40-41
Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

John 14:1-3
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Philippians 3:20-21
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape ALL these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
Be kind, do no harm, thats all we need to do. Simple.

See, the Lord told me true that following you was wise. As for Bin Laden, yes if he asked me to follow him, I would. I would follow him up to the point of harming another. At that point he would have to choose to harm me first.

It would be my hope that such an offer of sacrifice would be enough to sway his heart from harming another. If it did not, then it was God's will.

Everything is in divine order my friend. We are babes still learning who we are.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 13-9-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

What is your "source" for your existence?

I don't know, and neither do you. No one knows. A lot of people substitute this lack of knowledge with a belief in *insert favorite deity".

Anyway, in the case of solar eclipses we can explain perfectly how and why they happen. We can even forecast when they will happen, for a few thousand years assuming our earth/moon orbit isn't disrupted. We also know what makes moons turn red. It happened before, and it'll happen again. Why would the next one be special?

In short, you can speculate all you want of course, but claiming a natural phenomenon we completely understand is a "sign of god" is like claiming god sent hurricanes to Haiti.
edit on 13-9-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Because atheists cannot believe in God, they will never experience Him in the next life. They will be shut off from His light and love and He will not exist for them anymore, and they will be alone for eternity. Not in so much as that they will burn in the literal fires of the "Lake of Fire", but that they will be thrown into an endless and bottomless ocean of lonelyness in which they exist but is the true sense of what oblivion is...pure nothingness and then they will regret. Hell is said to be so vast and so dark you can hear other people screaming but you will never ever be able to reach them or find them. Shut off from God's light you will be alone for eternity and will go mad with the grief and sorrow you have wrought for yourself.

So that's your God is it? sounds like a religion for sadists. The fact you clearly take pleasure in that idea probably means you'll be joining the athiests
edit on 13-9-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo -oops

He is what He is, it doesn't matter if you like Him or not. Wether you want to or not you shall bow down and confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord. He'd rather you bow down willingly and in love, but if not he is more than capable of bringing you to your knees, as many a proud man since time began has found out the hard way.

No i will not be joining any atheists in hell, i've been covered by his blood. I do not wish to see any perish, but ultimately they will, because they do their will instead of His. Good luck to you sir.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

nah i'm more into buddism thanks

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akasirus

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Mathew 24:36

Maybe Jesus was going to return this day, but can't now that someone has predicted it?

All these prophets and second coming predictions are simply delaying the Lords return. The day people finally stop trying to guess or make predictions Is the day He will return

I'm not claiming to be a prophet. I'm just repeating what John prophsied, there is a difference. When the old time prophets said something was going to happen, it happened. Sometimes it took 100 or 200 years, some prophecies like Zecharia's prophecy of Israel being reborn a nation once more take 2500+ years to be fulfilled but THEY ALL COME TO PASS, its always just a matter of "when" not "if".

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

i immediately think of Ramadan

as for the blood red moon--- that's normal with a bunch of pollutants in the atmosphere, volcanic ash included

then if the eclipse of the Sun is standared, consult the Almanace thing... then the 'wisdom' imparted to us through the prophetic word --- saying: No One will know the day or hour has little meaning... because we can look up those blood-red moons on the weather reports & know for sure when a scheduled Solar eclipse takes place--- decades before it occurs

er4go--- the mystery of the prophecy is that something unexpected causes a Solar Eclipse that will track through the Sinai and Jerusalem in particular--- or rather specifically !

We, (the almanacs/ MSM) will not know the eclipse is approaching... the Sun blocking will be unnatural but probably not supernatural... but will be unexpected--- I just have to wonder if this Solar Eclipse is the 3 days of darkness prophecied in later religious memes?

is this enough meat to chew on ?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hmmm.... well since your mythological saviour/hero has yet to return prior to "I don't know how many" of these events, then I suppose your hope of it happening after are valid, if that works for you.

I predict picking up my daughter from dance in about an hour, feeding her and her brother dinner, then proceeding to make sure they complete all their homework. I'm pretty sure that ones spot on!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

nice chart.

It mentions the bullseye blood moon on 06/15/1.

Anything happen on that date?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
Here are just a few of the scriptures about the Rapture:

Matthew 24:40-41
Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

Look in Revelation for the two people and one was taken. See what happens to the one taken.

It is not speaking of a pre-trib rapture. With what happens in Revelation . . . I would rather be left behind, than the one taken.

John 14:1-3
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Again, nothing about pre-trib

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

At the last trumpet . . . kind of not pre-trib.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Yeshua does not come down from Heaven until the end of the great tribulation.

Philippians 3:20-21
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Again, nothing pre-trib.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape ALL these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

It is talking about God's wrath. The Day of Wrath is not the Great Tribulation. It comes with the last seal.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Everything that is written in the bible came true LOL i mean hello? you there bud? are you awake?

reply to post by GreenFurnNW

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

omg...the proverbial illusory carrot dangled in front of the mule again.

doesn't it bother you they keep moving the date back? In your lifetime alone, I'm sure you've heard other ETA (EndTime Apocalypse.)

Imagine how many there have been over two millenia.

Its not even funny anymore. Ok...watching you get all worked up calculating his return is entertaining. And I was one of you, guys.

But wake up, man.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If religion = worldwide peace I would be all for it...but no one can agree on 'which' God is the God. There is so much arguing from religious people, absolutely everywhere you go and what gets me, is they go to Church, are in the world but not part of it, dont vote..dont fight....yet have the right to judge me?

If you truly believe that Jesus will return, the Rapture will happen and all good people will go with him....well just how good have you all been? I cannot for one second believe, that God would allow that to happen, when the truth has been so distorted over the years, that how does anyone know for sure that they are doing the right thing and wont get left behind.

edit on 14-9-2011 by CherryV because: Typo

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I predict I will eat a Pizza in the next month or so.

Me = 1
Jesus = 0

Lol! Now I believe this is a more accurate prediction than anything.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnalyticalDreamer
reply to post by longtermproject

So God didn't drown 1000s of living things just because they didn't agree with him? Who's to say he won't do it again? Doesn't sound like a nice deity to me. I believe it's around 180,000 people God killed in the bible, that's not even including every other living thing that would have been destroyed in the flood. He's got to be stopped and if his weakness is his son then we should capture him and interrogate him to find out how to stop God from genocide again. This lunatic needs to be stopped, if he exists.

Okay, I'll retract the bigoted statement and we'll just agree that's just a miss interpretation but you can't deny God's killed 1000s and 1000s of people and animals etc. Who's to say he won't do it again? Who's to say he wont kill you and just save two of every animal and one single guy called Noah?

EDIT: I don't need to bow down to deity's or follow what some book tells me to have happiness anyway I do not hate or have these weak emotions to other humans, animals or life. I respect everything, I am happy and loving to all life without religion. Just because I don't pray to Jesus or God then I'll probably die some horrible death or go to hell according to the bible. Great, I live a much richer, happier, peaceful, tolerant, loving, respectful existence than most Christians do and I'll be persecuted for it. Sounds like blackmail or just fascism. Don't like being oppressed thank you.

edit on 13-9-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: (no reason given)

haha in ways i agree with you, I don't think I would have killed all of those people... but I also know that the people of that time were supposedly very bad people. They were warned over and over and over again, and they only died because they refused to heed the warning... It seems silly to have done something like this when God could have just made them disappear or whatnot.... instead of drowning... Things like this are why I struggle with my religion so much. I completely understand where you are coming from, and I don't know why it is written like that in the bible. To me, to be a good person and love and respect everyone will get you alot further than treating people like crap and then saying a prayer. Guess one day we will find out.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I started a bible study class tonight and i came across a couple passages in the book of John about the Return of Christ following an eclipse and a blood moon. Four blood moons are called a tetrad and the last time one happened was around the time that Israel won the 6 days war in 1967/1968.

Link here:
siglerg.websitetoolbox.com...

So i'm guessing this is the herald to his return at the end of the Tribulation, or is it the herald of the rapture? Any thoughts are welcome to be explored as long as they pertain to this topic. I don't want any atheists derailing my thread with "God doesnt exist" posts, only relevant material to be discussed please.

I do not know if you noticed but from where I am located, on Monday night I believe, there was a blood red moon, full and in plain sight, I did not take any pictures but it was there.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
ok, now here my personal opinion ...and i don`t want to upset enyone(because this seem to be the revealed truth)...look very closely to this:

Isus--isis-sisi(motherf..r)(sic) like crazy, notunderstood for his time, SISI-ISIS=SS?--NINI-ININ--inna-na-ninhursah(g)
u=i we have ISS-INTERNAT SPACE STATION?? S=Z Z=N

YHWH--YAHWEH-YEHOVA -YAHOO
Y_W--walhala-wallahia(Romania)-soooo we have 666?!?! did you hear of echoo of wallahia?? means yahweh
alah !?!?
i think that the story looks like that ; they came with a space ship or station called ISUS or ISIS code YHWH nr 666

every plane or space ship has an code an an number ..so enaf of this santa claus story for crooks (priest) who enslave humans for money blackmailing people whit some mambo jambo wrath of gods...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
For him to return that would mean that he was here in the first place?

Creative writing put him in the first place in my opinion, so he'll never return.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Huzzah!!! Another religious thread predicting something that won't happen!!!! I wonder how long til this thread is put in the junk folder.......

And here is a prediction that WILL come true - I predict that there will be plenty more of these threads, and when nothing happens, the OP will come up with some lame excuse and bible quote as to why their prediction didn't happen.

Seriously, unless "God" comes to this site, and can prove he/she IS God, and says "You know what, this is when the sh*t is gonna hit the fan", then I suggest people stop with these pointless prediction threads based on something that can be interpreted 1000 different ways.........

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join