It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ returns after a solar eclipse and a blood red moon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The difference is that I tend to start from the assumption that senses are lying
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

Well it kind of made "sense" but who am I to say this "sense" is truthful...it may all be a lie.

As a kid...I relied on my sense a lot. I still do. I have to say that what I see (is not everything) and what I hear (is not everything to be heard) and what I feel (is not everything there is to be felt) and so on and so on.... This is scientifically proven.

Truth is out there...everywhere but it is indeed scattered among the collective. Knowledge is had by us all and our perception of Reality is scattered as well. Without perception there is no experience. Even if blinded.....you would still perceive from your other senses. The forgotten sense would probably be heightened as well.

From where I stand Christ is REAL as my perception of Him is also real.

From where you stand Christ is not real and will not be returning.

You are perceiving your own reality are you not?

To say you think your senses lie is really not true. You would be living in a chaotic state if true.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What intrigues me is this concept of 'Christ' that modern believers have.
I put it to you, instead of the blue eyed blond haired robed perfect toothed Jesus that springs to mind when people mention his name. What if an unkempt, matted haired illiterate middle eastern manual labourer came up to you and asked you to follow him, give away all you have and be prepared to die horribly because you listen to him and you should need no proof, only faith and no reward in your lifetime,
how many takers? I don't think many would leave the comfort of their teleological beliefs

The irony of modern day Christianity is the fact that Jesus (If he existed as a man) would have resembled Osama Bin Laden more than a member of the Bee Gees.

Humans Eh?

edit on 13-9-2011 by HumansEh because: spelling (as usual)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
I put it to you, instead of the blue eyed blond haired robed perfect toothed Jesus that springs to mind when people mention his name. What if an unkempt, matted haired illiterate middle eastern manual labourer came up to you and asked you to follow him, give away all you have and be prepared to die horribly because you listen to him and you should need no proof, only faith and no reward in your lifetime,
how many takers? I don't think many would leave the comfort of their telelogical beliefs

The irony of modern day Christianity is the fact that Jesus (If he existed as a man) would have resembled Osama Bin Laden more than a member of the Bee Gees.

Humans Eh?

I would follow such a man my friend. I would follow YOU if you needed it.

That's just me though.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
how many takers? I don't think many would leave the comfort of their teleological beliefs

Humans Eh?

edit on 13-9-2011 by HumansEh because: spelling (as usual)

I agree with what you say if that were all that happened.... seeing as he walked on water, and also fed many people with such a small amount of food (the fish and the bread).... thats a little harder to fake.

The day that no man knows is not the telling of the return of christ, that is a more modern celebration, which would mean the bible pre-dated it.... it is the people that predict his return that made the day match the saying....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Actually the image that comes to my mind is a dark haired browned eyed man....Not sure why you think different.

I would say the East at that "time" was probably still in the East and if he was from the Essenes and or Israel then yeah.....he would be dark skinned and all.... but....who really cares what He looks like? I sure don't.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Humans Eh?

I would follow such a man my friend. I would follow YOU if you needed it.

That's just me though.

With Love,

Your Brother

Thanks for the love my fellow man, its scarce enough in the world and we truly need more of it.

However, I believe that great danger lies in following blindly people who offer a point of view that coincides with our own. The tragedy is that many men do and have followed people (like Bin Laden for example) because they are sucked into the concept of God and that if such an entity exists that in order not to cease a pleasurable existence on any level this entity must have his (its usually a he) jealous ego worshipped and appeased. Selfish reasoning often lies behind religious adherence, ie. heaven awaits the believer. Not the compassionate and charitable atheist.

IMHO true enlightenment and transcendence of this earthly plane comes from realisation of the self and true compassion brought forth honestly from the core of your being from personal understanding and not from following the commands of others, be they human or otherwise.
Be kind, do no harm, thats all we need to do. Simple.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

.....I'll keep my eyes peeled, thanks for the heads up.
edit on 13-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So uh where's he at?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I predict I will eat a Pizza in the next month or so.

Me = 1
Jesus = 0

Mate you don't get a point until you actually eat the pizza.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Actually the Jehovah's Witnesses were right and Jesus returned in 1974.

They thought he'd return at middle aged in 1974...but he was only reborn in 1974 in human form. So they all sold their homes for nothing.

Well Jesus is now older and looking at the world. I don't think you'd see him come out and save mankind.

If he's got a brain in his melon he knows mankind now possesses weapons beyond his power to kill him again.

So he'll just report back to God and say "hit the reset button". Time to wipe the slate clean. Humanity is inherently evil and there's no way to fix it. Everybody must die.

HAHA! I didn't know that about the Jehova Witnesses. I raised Pentecostal but threw off the shakles of fear as a teenager, and went my own way. That doesn't mean that I abandoned spirituality,

I believe that "Jesus" has alredy returned. He return with the dawning of the "New Age," When the progression of the equinox moved to Aquarius. When Moses led the Isrealites out of Egypt, they were under the "Law of Taurus," for 2000 years, but the times, they were a changin.

30 years later, the equinox shifted to Aries, and Moses demanded that the Jews stop worshiping/sacrificing to the Bull/Baal/Golden Calf, and sacrifice the Lamb, Aries the Ram.

Jesus led us into the "Age of Piscis," becoming a "Fisher of Men." The sign of the fish, and the sacrifice of Nommo.

2000 years later, we shifted again to Aquarius. Our worship shifted to another pattern of sacrifice. Jesus came when 1/2 the planet was sky high on acid and rock and roll. We killed him again when we killed, JFK, MLK, John Lennon, MalcomX, and went to war in Viet Nam and called for the blood of our brothers and sisters accross the planet.

Welcome to "The Tribulation." OP! We are in the "Age of Man." "Let the Sun Shine in."
edit on 13-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Even Jesus doesn't know the date of His return, only God Himself decides when. I personally am hoping it will be any time soon. The Bible tells us that the "end of days" will begin only when the Israelites attain their "Promised Land", and that many folk who were alive at the start of the events leading to His return, will still be around when He gets here. It was 1948 when Israel was founded, meaning the Jews have had their own country for 63 years, and since it isn't unreasonable nowadays to expect some folk to live well into their nineties, it could be quite some time yet before Jesus returns.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You said:

As an atheist there is no shred of evidence I can show you that will make you believe otherwise. You have proven to yourself there is no Christ and there is no God. But...one of us is right. Or....can we both be right? I think we can both be right.

You are hitting something close to the truth if not the real deal. Because atheists cannot believe in God, they will never experience Him. In order to experience the Lord you must be able to free the shackles of your mind and let go of your unbelief and dare to believe when others cannot or even dare not.

Because atheists cannot believe in God, they will never experience Him in the next life. They will be shut off from His light and love and He will not exist for them anymore, and they will be alone for eternity. Not in so much as that they will burn in the literal fires of the "Lake of Fire", but that they will be thrown into an endless and bottomless ocean of lonelyness in which they exist but is the true sense of what oblivion is...pure nothingness and then they will regret. Hell is said to be so vast and so dark you can hear other people screaming but you will never ever be able to reach them or find them. Shut off from God's light you will be alone for eternity and will go mad with the grief and sorrow you have wrought for yourself.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
Even Jesus doesn't know the date of His return, only God Himself decides when. I personally am hoping it will be any time soon. The Bible tells us that the "end of days" will begin only when the Israelites attain their "Promised Land", and that many folk who were alive at the start of the events leading to His return, will still be around when He gets here. It was 1948 when Israel was founded, meaning the Jews have had their own country for 63 years, and since it isn't unreasonable nowadays to expect some folk to live well into their nineties, it could be quite some time yet before Jesus returns.

No, it's going to be sooner than that. Zecharia's prophecy says that an entire generation shall not come to pass before the Lords return. It's been 63 years since Israel became a nation once more. In the OT a generation lasted 70 years unless the person was strong, but it was generally set right at 70 years. So it's 63 years now, the Lord will come soon and any day because we are in the Time of Sorrows, the birth pains of the Tribulation right now, so if the "rapture" does happen its going to be soon and Christ will return for the battle at megiddo (armageddon) around 2019/2020 when the resurrection of our dead brothers and sisters shall take place, and those saints that he takes in the "rapture" will return armed to the teeth and ready to conquer His enemies.
edit on 13-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
God should've been came back, we had a blood red moon in December 2010 and a solar eclipse somewhere.

There was a solar eclipse and a blood moon in 2010, but, there wasn't a tetrad. Just one blood moon is called a blood moon. Four blood moons in succession are called tetrads, and more events in the bible correspond to 4 blood moons in succession and not just ONE blood moon.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Because atheists cannot believe in God, they will never experience Him in the next life. They will be shut off from His light and love and He will not exist for them anymore, and they will be alone for eternity. Not in so much as that they will burn in the literal fires of the "Lake of Fire", but that they will be thrown into an endless and bottomless ocean of lonelyness in which they exist but is the true sense of what oblivion is...pure nothingness and then they will regret. Hell is said to be so vast and so dark you can hear other people screaming but you will never ever be able to reach them or find them. Shut off from God's light you will be alone for eternity and will go mad with the grief and sorrow you have wrought for yourself.

So that's your God is it? sounds like a religion for sadists. The fact you clearly take pleasure in that idea probably means you'll be joining the athiests
edit on 13-9-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo -oops

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
1) We can explain solar eclipses...they happen all the time somewhere on the planet.
2) We can explain why the moon is sometimes coloured red.

In short, they might just as well have written "Christ will return once a dog barks twice"

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So Jesus came back in 1967/1968 then? Or any of the other times this phenomena occurred?

He's not coming back. He's dead, decomposed, gone, eaten by worms. Just bones now, that's if he was even real in the first place, not debating that I'm going to assume the Jesus in the bible was based on a real person.

Please, if he was coming back you'd know about it because there would be a sure sign. I'm agnostic, sort of. I'm sure if God existed and Jesus and all that then they would make sure to let people know. You say this red moon happened before and probably hundreds of times since Jesus's death and he hasn't returned.

Jesus is alive, in the bible and it's teachings. I don't follow them personally but if you do, then he's real and alive too you. Maybe you'd be disappointed if he came back... You know, they do say never meet your heroes.

Just sayin'

Take care.

EDIT: If he did come back, we should probably hold him personally responsible for the wars committed in his name. Not to mention all the bigotry he and his book preaches. Maybe the death penalty or send him to Guantanamo Bay and interrogate him about what heaven is, who God is and how to we stop him from flooding the earth and killing humans who don't agree with him. These guys aren't to be taken likely, they are true terrorists in every sense of the word.
edit on 13-9-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnalyticalDreamer

So Jesus came back in 1967/1968 then? Or any of the other times this phenomena occurred?

He's not coming back. He's dead, decomposed, gone, eaten by worms. Just bones now, that's if he was even real in the first place, not debating that I'm going to assume the Jesus in the bible was based on a real person.

Please, if he was coming back you'd know about it because there would be a sure sign. I'm agnostic, sort of. I'm sure if God existed and Jesus and all that then they would make sure to let people know. You say this red moon happened before and probably hundreds of times since Jesus's death and he hasn't returned.

Jesus is alive, in the bible and it's teachings. I don't follow them personally but if you do, then he's real and alive too you. Maybe you'd be disappointed if he came back... You know, they do say never meet your heroes.

Just sayin'

Take care.

EDIT: If he did come back, we should probably hold him personally responsible for the wars committed in his name. Not to mention all the bigotry he and his book preaches. Maybe the death penalty or send him to Guantanamo Bay and interrogate him about what heaven is, who God is and how to we stop him from flooding the earth and killing humans who don't agree with him. These guys aren't to be taken likely, they are true terrorists in every sense of the word.

Saying he is responsible for wars commited in his name or saying his book is biggoted is wrong.... It clearly states in the good book to love all, because all are sinners and noone is perfect, to judge another is to judge yourself.... I was taught to love all people, I sure struggle with it alot, but I was never taught to hate one person more than the next. If you can't love all people, you have no chance at happiness.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

So God didn't drown 1000s of living things just because they didn't agree with him? Who's to say he won't do it again? Doesn't sound like a nice deity to me. I believe it's around 180,000 people God killed in the bible, that's not even including every other living thing that would have been destroyed in the flood. He's got to be stopped and if his weakness is his son then we should capture him and interrogate him to find out how to stop God from genocide again. This lunatic needs to be stopped, if he exists.

Okay, I'll retract the bigoted statement and we'll just agree that's just a miss interpretation but you can't deny God's killed 1000s and 1000s of people and animals etc. Who's to say he won't do it again? Who's to say he wont kill you and just save two of every animal and one single guy called Noah?

EDIT: I don't need to bow down to deity's or follow what some book tells me to have happiness anyway I do not hate or have these weak emotions to other humans, animals or life. I respect everything, I am happy and loving to all life without religion. Just because I don't pray to Jesus or God then I'll probably die some horrible death or go to hell according to the bible. Great, I live a much richer, happier, peaceful, tolerant, loving, respectful existence than most Christians do and I'll be persecuted for it. Sounds like blackmail or just fascism. Don't like being oppressed thank you.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Mathew 24:36

Maybe Jesus was going to return this day, but can't now that someone has predicted it?

All these prophets and second coming predictions are simply delaying the Lords return. The day people finally stop trying to guess or make predictions Is the day He will return

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join