It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you think won the Florida Debate?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
I like Ron Paul, he makes a lot of sense, however I do not believe him to be electable. The guy that made the most points with me tonight was Huntsman, he actually made some sense when he spoke. This is from someone that is ferociously independent.

If you are so "ferociously independent" why are you regurgitating lines being spoon-fed to everyone by the MSM.

That doesn't sound like independent thought to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Clear winners tonight: Gingrich, Paul, Huntsman

Wow...Huntsman???

I've heard people say Paul and Gingrich...but I think you are the first to say Hunstman.

I thought he was kind of absent tonight.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
I like Ron Paul, he makes a lot of sense, however I do not believe him to be electable. The guy that made the most points with me tonight was Huntsman, he actually made some sense when he spoke. This is from someone that is ferociously independent.

If you are so "ferociously independent" why are you regurgitating lines being spoon-fed to everyone by the MSM.

That doesn't sound like independent thought to me.

I am not sure what I am regurgitating, my opinions are mine. I do not believe Ron Paul to be electable, for a boatload of reasons, and Huntsman was eloquent and moderate when he was allowed to speak tonight. I don't watch the MSM, so am not spoonfed by anyone.

You have such a "Ferocious" response to my opinions, please provide one of your own, something that does not involve the other posters on the site.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If by "won" you mean, who will get the biggest boost to their campaign... I have to (unfortunately) say Bachmann.
edit on 9/12/2011 by Lorienth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

#2 - He said America was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Headlines are already appearing with this quote.

It's sad how many American's don't realize we were in the middle east long before 9/11. Yes, our interventionist policy was responsible for 9/11.

I missed the debate. Just throwing that out there to support Ron Paul because he's the only republican candidate that isn't an evil insane liar.

Ya i think Ron Paul had trouble making his point clear in response to what Santorum said, so the people in the audience didnt understand

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

There were boo's for others.
Not everything every other candidate said was a lie. Many of them spoke truths too, and sure enough, some people didn't want to hear them either.

Edit: Mind you, the boo's the others received were nowhere near as big as the one RP received after saying 9/11 was America's fault... which it was..
edit on 12-9-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I posted a "prediction" thread before the debate saying that the internet polls will say that Ron Paul won, no matter what happens in the debate.

I'm not so sure about that now.

Ron Paul made two big mis-steps.

#1 - He basically said he would allow someone with no insurance die if they got sick. He actually side-stepped the question...but by doing so he allowed Wolf to interject that idea and he couldn't counter it.

#2 - He said America was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Headlines are already appearing with this quote.

I personally think Bachman "won" for making Perry look so bad...it really hurts me to say that...but I'm being honest.

I think Perry was the clear loser...he just got bashed over and over and over...and he looked shell shocked about half way through.

So I am wondering who YOU think won (and lost).

If you think Paul (because I know we have a lot of Paul supporters)...can you tell me what he did in the DEBATE that will further his campaign???
edit on 12-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

#1 - He basically said he would allow someone with no insurance die if they got sick. He actually side-stepped the question...but by doing so he allowed Wolf to interject that idea and he couldn't counter it.

That's not what he said. What he said was people should take responsibility for themselves. Paul is an advocate for personal responsibility and not a nanny state. The Fed wants control of everything. By giving you the ability to lean on Fed because of poor planning also gives them more of a reach to control citizens. The we'll make you feel safe if you give us your freedoms and liberties. I would also like to add, the millions of people that fall through the cracks of our great medical system now. There are people in the country that cannot afford the high cost of medical insurance but are over qualified for Medicare or any other type of assistance. Even with our current Healthcare assistance people are dying.

Again Paul is right here. Do you really think that the 911 attacks are because we have freedom. The U.S. has been policing the world for decades. Bombing countries we have no business in def was the cause of 911. If the U.S. would mind their own business we wouldn't have half the problems we have in the country that's up to and including terrorism. *Note: Our gov is hiding something about 911. No time to debate this now.

I don't think many really understand Paul. He's a constitutionalist. He believes that our country has gotten away from what it's supposed to be. That states govern their states and the Fed give Blanket protection for the entire country. He has been preaching freedom for a very long time. And does not waiver on his views. Sometimes to believe in the core of our constitution and getting back to what it means has some painful ramifications but to get there you have to tell the truth whether the public agree's or not. Yes at times this does hurt Ron Paul , but he still stays true to what he believes. Yes he is right that 911 is our fault. And yes you should have to plan for your medical needs, just like you plan to feed your kids or any other necessity. Why should anyone get anything for free if you didn't earn it?

With that being said. Paul did not win this one in my opinion.I'm not really sure who did. The only real thing that stuck out in my mind was Bachman accusing Perry for excepting money from the Prescription companies for signing an executive order that would make it mandatory for Teenagers to take the HPV Vaccination.

I believe Paul was also avoided as usual. This was more like the Perry Romney show yet again. And Paul, Cane, Bachman and Newt were all secondary to what the Media wanted you to see. Their top Gop Candidates. Perry and Romney.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Im just now watching it. Really? Why do they keep trying to make all the candidates answer questions on what Romney and Perry say? I haven't made my mind up yet, I know I will not vote for Obama but How can you get a real feel for the candidates when everything is focused on Romney and Perry. damn

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I am a hardcore Ron Paul supporter. (just look at the avatar and signature) I think he did win the debate tonight because he did say things that shake up the establishment. He once again repeated himself regarding 9-11 and our foreign policy being all wrong.

As for the healthcare question, he was right on that also. You should be aware that as a physician he has done a lot of work for people who don't have insurance. He is a man for the People. He even brought up neighbors, family and churches. He wasn't saying let the man die, he was saying people need to take responsibility and stop depending on the government. Without a doubt - he is right.

Also, I think Bachmann did a phenomenal job against Perry. I would never vote for her because she did vote for the Patriot Act and she is just as pro-war as the other morons on the stage. Ron Paul is the only one who will close the foreign bases, bring the troops home and strengthen OUR nation instead of building another.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Perry is there to help demoralize tea party supporters. Ron Paul can't win and has no chance....neither does Bachmann or Santorum.....Huntsman is a bit a of a long shot imo.

Romney will win the nomination...and everyone in here who hates Obama will vote for him...even though he's damn near the same thing. Romney actually defended Social Security in the last debate to secure elderly votes while you had crazy Perry calling it a ponzi scheme and others suggesting eliminating minimum wage.

Congratulations....and corporations are people my friends.

(I did not watch the debate btw....they just had one 5 days ago) figured mostly the same rhetoric i've heard countless times before and any juicy bits are usually shared here anyway.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
To me, being a Ron Paul supporter, I would have to say Michelle Bachmann won tonight's "debate" if that's what we really want to call it. She was very articulate in her answers (even if they did all devolve into an Obamacare argument), she was incredibly vicious against the frontrunners Romney and Perry, and I think she showed a side of herself that the mainstream hasn't seen from her before.

I think Ron Paul came in a distant second. Why? Because he got booed, of course. You see, the mainstream in America thinks that the Tea Party is a bunch of crazed, racist lunatics, and when they see a candidate (who no doubt appeals to many on both sides of the spectrum) getting booed by these "lunatics", they will subconsciously equate him with being on their side. Even if this isn't immediately apparent, I think in the future this will actually help his campaign. Plus, he said a lot of things (not necessarily new from him) that I flat out agree with.
edit on 12-9-2011 by nwdogg1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

I don't know if you noticed but this is popularity contest not a honesty contest.

No one was a clear winner, Bachman made a good effort at spoiling Perry's campaign but it will probably help Romney more than it helped her. Gingrich and Cain made lots of sense, but conservatives tend to be closet racists and Newt is seen by many as too much of the old guard. Huntsman is too elitist and disconnected, even more than Romney. Santorum is Catholic and Romney is Mormon. Its hard to win the South being a Mormon or a Catholic, regardless of how well you speak or how you present yourself. Ron Paul managed to ruin his entire campaign with two major gaffs. Perry ended up looking like someone who gives free college to illegal immigrants and forces 12 year old girls to have STD vaccines from a campaign donor. His charisma and presence may save him though.

It was a mess.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I know who lost, Santorum, anybody on ATS that believes what he is selling, hasn't learned anything coming to ATS.

And when you consider ATS is a place we come to "Deny Ignorance" that would be an epic fail.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Qemyst

Ron Paul managed to ruin his entire campaign with two major gaffs.

He didn't ruin anything. If anything, it helped him. The amount of people who boo'd wasn't that many. Lots of people clapped. Also, negative reactions are just as good as positive reactions. It gets the word out there about you. And many people, when they hear about it, will not take things at face value and just assume something because others say they boo'd him.

One thing is for sure, the debate was a mess. I say it was a mess because of the biased coverage certain reps got.

Disagree with me about RP winning the debate all you want though. That's what opinions are for.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join