It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like The Liberal Anti-War Movement The Tea Party Has Been Hijacked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, I think government should be there short term, I do not believe in generational welfare. I believe if the feds or states are going to spend money, the focus should be long term, not the short time month to month crap we have going on. We can argue/discuss for all eternity, but in the end, I don't believe either one of us wants our tax dollars going to people that will do nothing but sit on their behinds. Like I said, I don't think we are really that far apart, but compromise has become a four letter word.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
I'm one of those liberals, those anti-war liberals. I don't support Obama for the very reason that he decided to get involved in the libya war. Many liberals find him unfavourable, hence the fact his support is dropping among them. Are you not aware of this? What's more, his campaign promise during the primaries was to withdraw troops by August 2011, he broke that promise.

What I am aware of is that these same angry liberals will still vote for him in 2012
They are the same people who diluted the anti-war movement

You know in of of Obama's gatherings where supporters paid a thousand dollars or two to attend, they sang a free bradley manning song interrupting Obama's speech, but they themselves said even if Obama paid no heed to their song or released Manning or not he would still have their vote

So beware of your fellow democrats when they would vote left just because of a facade that their candidate is a true progressive

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

What I am aware of is that these same angry liberals will still vote for him in 2012 They are the same people who diluted the anti-war movement

That's because they are scared s-less of the rhetoric that is coming out of many of the nominees from the GOP.

Eliminating minimum wage? Social security is a ponzi scheme?

Seriously, 9/11 was a day to remember....but now i'm back to the realization of how completely and totally F'd up this country is.

We are a disgrace. How many years did it take to get health assistance for first responders? 9 years???

Yeah, this is the USA.

I often wonder, when people wave the flag feeling they are patriotic....what do they think it's stands for?

Does it stand for "I Love Me and to hell with everyone else?' I swear some feel that way. May as well have a self portrait put on a flag pole instead of the stars and stripes and stick that in their front yard.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

alright then paul just lost my support

He doesn't need your support.

You just wanna excuse to vote for perry.

You don't even know what the book is about.....
edit on 12-9-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

i really dont like perry or anyone else thats the thing tho about polticians

you gotta market yourself someway and what better way than to use the tag words revolution and manifesto to the peoples heros who are chez and mao.

edited to add: if people who support paul blindly and have zero problems with him well i gotta say they are no better than the blind sheep who follow obama.
edit on 12-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

In order for the Tea Party to have been hijacked it would have to have been a formal unified party. One thing that I try to illustrate to people is that thereis no "one voice" to the Tea Party.

To use your hijack term, that would be like saying all airplanes were hijacked because one plane was taken over by hijackers.

The Tea Party philosophy is one of smaller government and personal responsibility. And "bells and whistles" you want to add to it are your own.

beez

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Im going back and listening to the debate because I missed most of it. People clapped when Paul suggested cutting spending on wars and get rid of the Dept of Ed. I like that.

Ok more thoughts. Paul is the only one who will directly oppose the Fed. Romney is pro Fed and blah blah blah , Bachmann not much going on there but wants someone besides Bernanke, Perry challenging the Fed a bit but hmmmm, Santorum I forget what he said.
Cain has experience with the Fed and wants reform.

SS-Perry wants reform, Romney pretty much status quo with icing.

Oh Michelle exposed BOs EO mandating the RU486 Abortion Pill be offered at no cost.... wow Im shocked, and Ive been shocked over and over with what he's done.

Michelle, Perry, and Paul all challenging OBamacare. Paul talks about competition and not depending on the State(go Paul!), and Michelle challenged Romneys State health care. I think Perry talked about torte reform? Romney talked a good talk about cutting costs and said the difference between his plan is there are no panels...
edit on 12-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

But the point is.........

There's no longer an anti-war cry. Even when we bombed an innocent nation (Libya) for no reason while we let Assad kill hundreds every month .... nothing. Not a peep. No more counting bodies on the news, no more reports from Iraq, no more "we killed this many civilian" threads on ATS even. It's completely died.

Just like I expect once a Republican takes over the WH (unless Obama can save himself) the "tea party" will vanish..

Still .. I find the hypocrisy nauseating.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

In order for the Tea Party to have been hijacked it would have to have been a formal unified party. One thing that I try to illustrate to people is that thereis no "one voice" to the Tea Party.

To use your hijack term, that would be like saying all airplanes were hijacked because one plane was taken over by hijackers.

The Tea Party philosophy is one of smaller government and personal responsibility. And "bells and whistles" you want to add to it are your own.

beez

Right Beez, and I'm glad to hear issues like forced Vax and problems with the Fed be discussed openly in these debates. I fought the Hep B vax when it was being forced on my son.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yes, Irwin Schiff wrote about that years ago. I have his book, The Federal Mafia, which exposes SS and the Fed. Sciff said exactly that, that SS is a Ponzi scheme. It means more people have to pay in the system to pay for the first people who get in, and then more people have to pay in to pay for those who are paying to pay for the first people. That's how it works. But even worse, is that politicians have sacked the fund to do other stuff, it's not solvent, and I think I just heard someone on the panel say it's not solvent. Was that Paul or Perry? Oh wait, and Paul talked about inflation too.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Didn't you know this already?

It was hijacked in 2009 right after Obama was elected and Fox News started promoting Tea Party events.

I thought this was old news.

I have a personal experience. I originally signed up to some apparently "grass-roots" mailing list and blog which protested the gross injustice of the financial bailouts. I personally thought that some government intervention was necessary but it appeared that the well-known perpetrators were actually going to win from their idiocy and their crimes and the taxpaying public was going to lose, and that really popped my toast. (And yes, this is exactly what happened even with Obama, and not a Republican in the government---why aren't Kerry Killinger and Angelo Mozilo rotting their lives in Federal Pen?)

Then I started getting spam with some far less justifiable neo'conservative' and more manipulative and tendentious crap. Reading the fine print it was a group called "Freedom Works" which I later saw was a PAC from the notorious partisan hack Dick Armey. I was repulsed and asked to be removed from the mailing list.

Nowadays, the "Tea Party" is full of many nasty, old, selfish white cranks, who think that "obamacare" is evil socialized medicine and hate welfare, and simultaneously shriek "get your government hands off my medicare and social security" (actual socialized medicine and redistributionist welfare).

(Yes, this is not the totality, but it is a large fraction and the primary target of the Republican presidential candidates).
edit on 12-9-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
sorry, duplicate post. Editors please delete.
edit on 12-9-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ah Perry skirts the immigration issue. He is for the trans corridor. He reveals his Establishment roots on this issue.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
All fringe or anti establishment movements will be infiltrated by agents for the ones that seek to pin us under their feet.

That new guy that shows up at your rally...yeah Tom...real nice guy...nice family...spends his evenings attending your events, analyzing it, and reporting back to his handlers who will come up with methods to pervert and neutralize your movement.

Liberal...tea party....white nationalist...black panthers....whatever movement that we've seen in history will be touched by the hands of the beast.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Ah Perry skirts the immigration issue. He is for the trans corridor. He reveals his Establishment roots on this issue.

Not only that, but wants private corporations to own it entirely and place corporate toll booths to which they keep 100% of the profits. I fear for our country if he gets elected....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Yes, the anti-war protests against the Iraq war were spawned by leftists Code Pink and Cindy Sheehan. In the 60's it was Bernadine Dohrn and Jane Fonda.

Yes, obviosuly all those folks protesting the war were involved in a vast left wing conspiracy. Oh yes, and we have Jane Fonda, somebody who also opposed the Vietnam war, putting aside her actions.

I assume it was "keep shut and support the troops" from you at the time? Or am I wrong?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
What I am aware of is that these same angry liberals will still vote for him in 2012

Voting for the lesser of two evils, yep. I won't be touching his candidacy. If only kucinich were running again... it'd give some hope these elections...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
But the point is.........

There's no longer an anti-war cry. Even when we bombed an innocent nation (Libya) for no reason while we let Assad kill hundreds every month .... nothing. Not a peep.

Not a peep huh?
www.workers.org...

There are numerous examples of protests against the Libyan war. It was not as large as the Iraq war protests, but there were a number of them. It would have been great that the tea partiers join, maybe then, for once, we could have marched together. Maybe I'm wrong? Were there tea party protests against the Libyan war specifically?

No more counting bodies on the news, no more reports from Iraq, no more "we killed this many civilian" threads on ATS even. It's completely died

Just like I expect once a Republican takes over the WH (unless Obama can save himself) the "tea party" will vanish..

Why are you so fixated on politics when it comes to the Iraq war? You talk about the left-right paradigm and yet you seem so fixated on complaining about liberals when it's on issues ideologically conflicting to both sides. The Iraq war, Libyan war, these are events pushed by the industrial complex. If your only comment on those wars is how liberals protested against it for political reasons then it just demonstrates how distracted you are from the real issue here.

On both sides people were politicially and ideologically influenced by the wars. Does that mean you have to do the same? Or are you an independently thinking person?
edit on 13-9-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If that's the case, why are all the tea party leaders rightwing and republican? They all look the same to me, aside from the arguments among tea partiers as to whom is more far right. Maybe I'm wrong, were there any independent and democratic tea party presidential candidates, politicians in government right now? There's no one voice huh?

One guy told me he was a former democrat and now he's a tea partier. He said this is evidence as to how diverse the tea parties are. On the issues however, he is as far rightwing politically as they come. Just how divided are the tea parties ideologically? Party wise? That's a very good question, and an obvious one at that. Just look at which folks gets the tea party votes and frm which establishment.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Well, I do not have a problem privatizing toll booths as long as it's not to foreign interests. Seems a lot of these tolls are being sold to Saudis and such. I have a big problem with that, cause it messes with our National Sovereignty. But of course it took govt officials to sell us down the river like that...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join