It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like The Liberal Anti-War Movement The Tea Party Has Been Hijacked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
In a way I am still a tea party supporter, but only at the core principles
But after watching the debate and other tea party videos I am changing my mind

The tea party is no longer a true conservative movement, it is a neo-conservative one
It has become an animal just like when during the bush era anti-war protesters are today nowhere to be found
Because ya there's still war, but hey a Democrat is in power, so it's all good right?

After watching the tea party debate where all candidates were speaking Ron Paul principles but the one who energized this movement is given the least questions possible, but that's the establishment, that's CNN that's somewhat expectable

But also the crowd didn't not stricke me as true tea party'ers

So I think just like the liberal anti-war movement the Tea Party has been hijacked

One thing that Ron Paul did wrong, as soon as the Tea Party movement started he didn't start a Manifesto
Imagine how strong he would be today if he created a manifesto?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Didn't you know this already?

It was hijacked in 2009 right after Obama was elected and Fox News started promoting Tea Party events.

I thought this was old news.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I normally like your posts, but I wonder how you can make such a judgement on people in the audience. Michelle Bachmann seems genuinely concerned about the vaccines and yet people who are die hard Paulites think shes astro turf. Hunstman would bring his Harley Davidson to the WH and Bachmann would bring a copy of the Constitution. Do you think that's just platitude on her part?
Paul came off sounding like Obama with all that apologizing about the wars. And I think he's the most genuine of them all, but his foreign policy is shaky.
edit on 12-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Can you complete your sentence?

I believe you were just about to say something regarding the anti-war movement during the Bush era

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

edit on 9/12/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: caught myself being snippy for no apparent reason. sorry.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
if the teaparty or paul wrote a "manifesto" they would never have had my support.

manifesto screams people republic of government knows best and you dont know jack.

got into an arguement one nite about the term manifesto but i am saying this

for people who talk the talk and walk the walk manifestos are not needed.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoswellCityLimits
Soooo...you're mad that one group of sock-puppets has ganged up with another group of sock-puppets?

The original tea party was NOT a group of sock-puppets i'm sorry
If you think they were than it is none other than you who is the sock-puppet
the smelly sock kind too

Originally posted by RoswellCityLimits
Children die of starvation every day in this country, and this is what gets the passion of the People flowing?

Yes this is EXACTLY what gets it going
End financial aid, money that goes to foreign dictators which promotes starvation

Anything else?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
for people who talk the talk and walk the walk manifestos are not needed.

this is true but not the point unfortunately
if people don't walk the walk they they don't walk it
and when such people gain the majority of spotlight diluting the true message of your movement then this poses a danger to the core beliefs, ie. 'the walk'

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The only place I have heard the word manifesto is behind the words communist and humanist, which are nearly synonymous.
edit on 12-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You and I were thinking alike on that manifesto bit.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

if the teaparty or paul wrote a "manifesto" they would never have had my support.

Ron Paul wrote a manifesto.....

The Revolution: A Manifesto.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

alright then paul just lost my support

people who i stay away from are the people who use the terminology of "manifesto" and "revoultion"

sorry people.

dangerous word choices that lead to only one place and thats a place far worse than where we are.
edit on 12-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The only thing that Michele Bachmann would bring to the White House is her wanna be gay hubby, but then again, he has prayed that away.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Excellent point about the manifesto but I would argue that the tea party was hijacked a long time ago. The first thing they did was give people the impression that it began under Obama, not Bush.

During the 2007-08 debates there was one man who spoke about the Constitution, civil liberties, the Federal Reserve, states rights vs. a giant federal government, bringing the troops home...Ron Paul.

The establishment's tactics are clear: allow the Ron Paul clones to regurgitate the ideals championed by Ron Paul so that it would appear that these ideals are theirs not his.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

One more conversation between us, and I honestly don't think we are that far apart. From your comments on this site, I do not believe you wish people to be starving in the streets, but I do believe that you want people to be accountable and responsible. We are probably not as far apart as some would believe, even if I am a tree hugging liberal.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
It has become an animal just like when during the bush era anti-war protesters are today nowhere to be found
Because ya there's still war, but hey a Democrat is in power, so it's all good right?

I'm one of those liberals, those anti-war liberals. I don't support Obama for the very reason that he decided to get involved in the libya war. Many liberals find him unfavourable, hence the fact his support is dropping among them. Are you not aware of this? What's more, his campaign promise during the primaries was to withdraw troops by August 2011, he broke that promise.

After watching the tea party debate where all candidates were speaking Ron Paul principles but the one who energized this movement is given the least questions possible,

Energized the movement? The tea parties were irrelevant in 2008 when they were at core behind Ron Pauls campaign. They grew to becoming significant in the republican party in april 2009 when republican operatives became involved. Had it been McCain elected, there'd be no tea party after the elections. So Ron Paul's influence is minimal, aside from the fact his capaign supporters helped found it.

So I think just like the liberal anti-war movement the Tea Party has been hijacked

I never saw the anti-war protests as a political movement, and it's very interesting that you label the anti-war protests as purely those of liberals. Are you admitting that you and other Ron Paul supporters/libertarians never participated? The protests in 2003-2005 were anti-war, that's it. I never saw myself apart of any political movement, infact I never even saw myself as anti-war as I personally believe it is necessary at times. My stances along with others were rather a protest against the governments campaign against Iraq specifically and lies contained within. Myself and many others supported Afghanistan efforts until the recent capture of Osama Bin Ladin.

I agree that the anti-war protests were used for political purposes, primarely for the Democrats, you are correct, but it wasn't a core political movement.

edit on 12-9-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Yes, the anti-war protests against the Iraq war were spawned by leftists Code Pink and Cindy Sheehan. In the 60's it was Bernadine Dohrn and Jane Fonda.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

that arguement exists simply because who should be responsible for americans citizens?

if you think the government is thats an arguement

if you think the people are responsible for themselves its and agreement.

its the charity vs entitlement arguement entitlement works with a gun being held to everyones head and take and take and give and give without the thought of where that comes from.

charity exist long beofre and worked well and still works wayh before "entitlements" and the simple fact there is nothing stopping anyone from helping anyone else in this country.

the argument is and also will be should they use force to do it.
edit on 12-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So if Paul does not win the nomination, would you vote for Obama?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join