It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

big headline: TEA PARTY BOOS PAUL

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The people who booed Ron Paul's reply to Rick Santorum (what seemed to me to be a media ploy to attack RP) at the TEA Party debate on CNN were ignorantly condemning him. They didn't understand what he was saying.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

video or description of what was said would be nice>

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

No, they understood exactly what he was saying. It's just that the Tea Party is no longer what they seem to be. They have become shills for the Republican and Christian right.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Meh, the tea party was co opted by the "conservative" movement. Not sure why as "Ray Gun" was not a conservative just a smooth talking actor.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I didn't watch the debate but I'm not surprised to hear this, if true. The Tea Party has been hijacked by the Repubs. The true tea party is the Libertarian Party IMO.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I think I heard at the very end he told Newt that he has had worse. I do agree though that the tea party has been hijacked by something. The real tea party is libertarian, and at the very least agrees with most of what Dr. Paul. talks about.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What did Paul say?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
I didn't watch the debate but I'm not surprised to hear this, if true. The Tea Party has been hijacked by the Repubs. The true tea party is the Libertarian Party IMO.

It's amazing to hear them use words like "Keynesian" and "sound money" and "opt out". It's the old "if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em" tactic. How about that stunt with Santorum at the end perfectly orchestrated by CNN?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm sure the video will be up shortly, but the topic was foreign policy and Santorum attacked Paul saying that on his own website he posted yesterday on the tenth aniv of 9/11 that it was the americans who were at fault for the attacks. And paul went on to say something to the effect of that we need to understand why they did it, and Osama bin laden and (one other person i cant recall) clearly stated that the reason for the attack was because we had occupied their holy land and had been bombing them for decades... this drew the boos... what santorum attacked with was very wrong though, Paul never said that it is our fault as american citizens, that santorum implied, but rather the Governments stance on foreign policy that contributed to the attacks. I mean i was watching the debate on justintv.com and even the chat room was like... watch paul is going to school him... and then the boos came and alot of us were like WTF? but that is the synopsis... hope my memory is close to the actual account enough for you to understand.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The Tea Party did not boo Dr. Paul... the neo-cons from the "Tea Party Express" did... this was the exact same thing that Dr. Paul owned and skool'd Giuliani on 4 years ago...

Plain and simple (and I don't personally believe Bin Laden was behind 9/11 but that's a different argument for a different time) Bin Laden was alleged by "official accounts" (also to be taken with a grain of salt) to have stated that the reason he hates America (aside from being left to die in the Afghan mountains by the CIA after we'd learned that Afghanistan was a losing battle before then forgetting it 2001... well... unless someone knew it would be never ending and have profited immensely from that like everyone that pulled Bush's strings... are pulling ObaMao's strings... and will be pulling Romney or Perry's strings should they get into office) is that the United States has bases on their holy land (which seriously... is pretty much anywhere a camel that "he who can't be named" may have possibly "touched" took a crap) and is in effect committing genocide in the Middle East (which "we" are... don't think so... do some research on depleted uranium shells)...

Now... as I've said before and Dr. Paul would have had he been afforded the time... if you wake up tomorrow morning... and Chinese tanks are rolling down your street... are you going to sit idly by and wait to die or become a slave... or are you going to start popping off shots at everything with a red star on it...

Well... if you went with the latter in lieu of the former... and organized a group of "rebels" to take them out... guess what more than a billion people would be lead to believe you are on state television...

Terrorism is all a matter of perspective... and many of U.S. have been labeled that already for merely wanting to be left alone... just think of what's going to happen when those who seek to keep you in chains realize their "whips and chains" aren't enough to spook U.S. anymore... it's going to get ugly... tyranny never leaves the room quietly...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
He gets booed and applauded near the end of the video, particularly when he mentions the US hasnt given the people of Palestine a fair treatment

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
What did Paul say?

Santorum pipes up out of nowhere and starts claiming that Paul blames the American people for 9/11 and then Paul quoted Bin Laden when he said why they attacked us so a group in the audience booed him. I bet it gets a headline tomorrow. Then CNN asked one of those stupid "what if" questions and then it's over. It was surreal but sobering. I read someone somewhere else said that he/she is learning how to not get angry at the media any more because it is so blatant it's laughable now.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
He gets booed and applauded near the end of the video, particularly when he mentions the US hasnt given the people of Palestine a fair treatment

Can anyone say NEOCONS?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Rick Santorum and those idiots in the audience don't believe there are consequences for our actions. They think we can just go occupy foreign countries and because we're America, those savages will bow down and surrender. Well, they won't! We have no business being there. We have no business policing the world. Despite the fact that I believe the government is completely responsible for 9-11, we still have zero business doing what we're doing!

Why are we in Libya? Pakistan? Yemen? Somalia? Why are we wanting to attack Iran? North Korea? Syria? Why have we destroyed Iraq? The "terrorists" were allegedly from Afghanistan but my, how the hand of the US government is swift and mighty...

Ron Paul was right. As usual.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Santorum says "we were attacked because... as Newt said..." amazing sleight of hand eh?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
The people who booed Ron Paul's reply to Rick Santorum (what seemed to me to be a media ploy to attack RP) at the TEA Party debate on CNN were ignorantly condemning him. They didn't understand what he was saying.

They knew exactly what he was saying..

That is why they bood him.

Now was Paul right? Maybe, maybe not. All on your perspective.

What was Paul saying exactly?

Why do you not think they knew what he was saying?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Can anyone say NEOCONS?

Absolutely.

From what Im seeing in the video, there is a drastic split on views of foreign policy in republican voters, or atleast in the debate audience. There seems to be 2 sides on this issue. Pro-war and anti-war.
edit on 12-9-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Wow Eagle Talon, that clip was powerful. There was a thread earlier about Ron Paul's campaign video. I think after tonight they should trim that clip a little and use it! No finger-pointing, just knock some sense into people's heads. They need to imagine being on the other side of this.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

"particularly when he mentions the US hasnt given the people of Palestine a fair treatment"

to be more exact with what he was saying: Paul was saying that Bin Laden was saying we haven't given the people fair treatment. I'm not sure what Paul's opinion of our treatment of them is but this is the same thing Santorum was saying; since Paul quotes OBL's reasons for attacking us, he agrees with him that we deserved to be attacked and I'm sure Paul does not think we deserved to be attacked. there is a distinction between the two.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Does Ron know more than he is letting show? Near the end of the video he refers to the 9/11 attacks as a "bombing".
I realize that when you are in a heated debate, that words slip, that you dont believe/mean to say.

Just thought I should atleast point it out though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join