It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: The Only One We Can Trust

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government...." RON PAUL
edit on 13-9-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I am not an american but if I was I would never vote for RP. His idea that the states themselves should decide on important issues like abortion is appaling to me. Should states decide on whether to bring back prayer in the schools? Replace evolution with creation? Outlaw homosexual relationships? The way I see it RP wants to turn back the clock in your country to pre-civil war time.

edit on 13-9-2011 by cripmeister because: spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The truth may be that Ron Paul is trustworthy but because he is not part of the mainstream, his candidacy will fail.

we've seen this before. The left-right (red-blue) boiling bags are there for our consumption... to divide us. But the most basic truth is that the Republicans and the Democrats serve the same special interests so all the stuff that is said is only so that we fight amoungst ourselves.

Ron Paul may well be an outsider who is worthy but... as such, he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting into the white house. This country and the system is now owned... and not by We the People.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by The GUT

I am not an american but if I was I would never vote for RP. His idea that the states themselves should decide on important issues like abortion is appaling to me. Should states decide on whether to bring back prayer in the schools? Replace evolution with creation? Outlaw homosexual relationships? The way I see it RP wants to turn back the clock in your country to pre-civil war time.

edit on 13-9-2011 by cripmeister because: spelling

Every state SHOULD be allowed to decide it's own business. Then you can live where you want. We'd still be a nation of brothers and sisters just lettin' each be there own.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

The truth may be that Ron Paul is trustworthy but because he is not part of the mainstream, his candidacy will fail.

we've seen this before. The left-right (red-blue) boiling bags are there for our consumption... to divide us. But the most basic truth is that the Republicans and the Democrats serve the same special interests so all the stuff that is said is only so that we fight amoungst ourselves.

Ron Paul may well be an outsider who is worthy but... as such, he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting into the white house. This country and the system is now owned... and not by We the People.

What you say may be true, but I would call you a coward for not trying to get him elected.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Every state SHOULD be allowed to decide it's own business. Then you can live where you want. We'd still be a nation of brothers and sisters just lettin' each be there own.

It didn't work before what makes you so sure it will work now?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Nice man. I would love to be able to trust him.
Says the right things, just the right person.
I just know if he's genuine, he will never be president, AND, if he becomes the sitting POTUS, will he be the real deal???
I guess its too soon for me to trust again.
:shk:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

So I'm confused, are you going to go out there and vote and help campaign or you just gonna sit there and pout like the rest of the defeatists?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ron Paul truly could beat Obama. I voted Obama and yet I would happily vote for Ron Paul if given the chance. I would have voted for him last election if given the chance. A lot of voters would, especially if given the chance to have mainstream media endorse him and start showcasing all the amazing accomplishments.

Ron Paul is the most popular candidate on the stage. You can hear the crowd cheer so loud every time he speaks. I personally would LOVE to see a toe to toe debate between Obama and Ron Paul. I would love to even see a media-enduced popularity contest between Obama and Ron Paul. Obama is an intelligent speaker and could easily beat any of the other Republican candidates in a debate. All the other republicans subscribe to a very scary misinformation ideology... Little FOX News neocon Nazi stooges... Ron Paul is the only genuine one of the group. The only one!!

What I find truly scary is that Republicans, who you would think only want to win, look at the huge built-in grassroots following of Ron Paul and don't even give him a chance! Why? Not because he's unelectable. They gave ancient McCain a chance, so why not Paul with his huge following???

The only reason I can see is because the Republican Party knows Ron Paul could win and as much as they want to win they have a much bigger agenda.. And that means they would rather LOSE than have Ron Paul as president... So keep that in mind when you think all they want to do is get Obama out of office...

The Republicans would rather have Obama than Ron Paul as President.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Great vid, S+F for you.

I am no american, but when i see this video i wish i was, so that i had a chance to vote for this brilliantly genuine man.

To all the americans even contemplating voting for someone else i want to say this: How can you guys be so stupid? What is wrong with you? Brainwashed?

Because he's casting an illusion when he talks about personal freedoms.
Because the Constitution isn't perfect.
Because the founding fathers were not gods, they were mortal men and guilty of much that would be considered crimes against humanity in modern times, and damn sure not deserving of worship.
Because he is ruled by his religion.
Because he wants to go backwards, things changed because they didn't work, and "freedom" and "liberty" didn't work out too well for all back then and it won't now.
Do things need to change? Absolutely! But, I don't want any part of Ron Pauls brand of change.
I'll take Progressive over Regressive, any day of the week.

Progress has gotten us far. Let's please continue murdering the citizens of sovereign nations in the name of it. That's progress we can believe in.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Best Paul video I've seen. Everyone needs to repost this everywhere they can.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
just by showing that Paul never changed is not always good thing. Its nice to know that someone is consistent. However Paul has been proven wrong may times and still will not change his views. It would be god if he could change his views when he was proven wrong. This just shows that he i stubborn and believes that his way is the only way.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

How about some examples or proof to back up what he was proven wrong on and how he responded to it? You can say he did or didn't do this and that all day long but without context and sources, it is just talk. Talk Talk Talk...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by gorgi

How about some examples or proof to back up what he was proven wrong on and how he responded to it? You can say he did or didn't do this and that all day long but without context and sources, it is just talk. Talk Talk Talk...

He was wrong about the QE acts, they did work. The gold standard is a disaster to bring back. Killing off all the federal agencies is a way to really make life worse for the middle class and his tax theories are a joke.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

I don't see any proof here all I see are opinions and you are entitled to that.

The way I see it, QE was most definitely a disaster, you can't say because QE propped up the economy to last a little longer before the next QE and the next that it actually worked, living delusionaly in an inflated economy is just asking for it.

Ron Paul keeps his oath of office, to represent/defend the people and the constitution. You call that stubborn, I call that patriotic.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
This just shows that he i stubborn and believes that his way is the only way.

Look at where everyone elses way got us..

The way I see it we should try something that hasnt been done, And by doing that it would might should become better for a lot of people.. But meh..

I guess we should all just bend over and take it because that is all we are good for.. Because everything he states and has never changes on is things that are hindering everything about the US right now.. FEd, War, Taxes, And so on.. But meh, its cool as long as we got the fed that takes our tax money for whatever they want, you know the trillions of US dollars they have lent others without ys knowing it... And we get taxes for not showing anything and raping the middle class and poor people... ya it is working out real well today eh?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join