It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Assembly approves bill to ban carrying unloaded handguns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Brilliant California... brilliant. I mean, there's not enough important stuff to focus on uh? Let's focus on destroying the second amendment...

The California Assembly recently approved a bill that will no longer allow unloaded handguns to be carried in public.

According to the AB144 bill, carrying an exposed or unloaded handgun in public will be considered a misdemeanor.

Anyone carrying around an empty handgun is retard anyway... if you need it, you are a dead man.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Anyone carrying around an empty handgun is a retard anyway... if you need it, you are a dead man.

Agreed. I'm so glad I don't live in California.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Why the hell would anyone open carry with an unloaded handgun in the first place?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Being from Australia, I don't have my head wrapped around the whole 2nd Amendment thing but am I missing something as to why someone would be carrying an unloaded weapon? And if someone was, what is this law preventing them from doing with said unloaded weapon?

edit: Ok after reading a little bit it seems that it just means they no longer differentiate between a loaded and unloaded handgun being open carried in public. Is that right?
edit on 12-9-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

And sadly this bill will become law and no one will be able to stop it. It just never ceases to amaze me, after all what part of "Shall not be infringed" do these lunatics not understand.

Infringe definition from the Marriam Webster Dictionary:

in·fringe
verb \in-ˈfrinj\
in·fringedin·fring·ing

Definition of INFRINGE
transitive verb

1: to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another

2 obsolete: defeat, frustrate

intransitive verb
: encroach —used with on or upon
— in·fring·ernoun
See infringe defined for English-language learners »
See infringe defined for kids »

Examples of INFRINGE:
They claim that his use of the name infringes their copyright.
Her rights must not be infringed.

Origin of INFRINGE
Medieval Latin infringere, from Latin, to break, crush, from in- + frangere to break — more at break
First Known Use: 1513

TPTB have despise our Constitution and are h*ll bent to gradually destroy every word of it. It's shyt like this that gets my blood boiling. The people that we elect under the belief that they are going to protect our interests do everything they can to limit our interests and imprison us within our own nation.

Jefferson said that the most egriegous reason for the people to bear arms was, as a last resort to protect themselves from tyranny in government. Our current government is well aware that when they begin implimenting their final stages of their plan if the people have the ability to defend themselves they will and that scares the government.

Rightful liberty is freedom drawn around the rights of others, I do not say 'within the law' because the law is often the tyrants will and always so when it violates the rights of the indivudual. Personally I could give 2 shyts less what laws they pass, I will never relinquish my firearms. I believe that if a law is not conducive of the articles of the constitution and the bill of rights then it is not a law, just a power of tyranny.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

This is what they are outlawing.

Unloaded guns to be carried in protest

There are a number of articles about different people in California who have played with this recently and I'd wondered how long it would be before California closed that "loophole" as I'm sure they considered it. Didn't take long at all, as it turns out.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Brilliant California... brilliant. I mean, there's not enough important stuff to focus on uh? Let's focus on destroying the second amendment...

The California Assembly recently approved a bill that will no longer allow unloaded handguns to be carried in public.

According to the AB144 bill, carrying an exposed or unloaded handgun in public will be considered a misdemeanor.

Anyone carrying around an empty handgun is a retard anyway... if you need it, you are a dead man.

The way it worked in CA is that you can carry an unloaded exposed holstered handgun in the open AND also carry live ammunition separately (loose or in a magazine). Not exactly a quick draw scenario, but it is better than nothing. With a semiautomatic, you can load and be prepared to fire in a few seconds. Concealed-carry is legal in CA but even if you meet all the criteria, the local Sherrifs in many counties have not been issuing concealed carry permits unless you own a business and carry lots of cash.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

Open-carry of holstered pistols in public recently became an issue in California became when folks began doing so as a form of political protest and scaring folks at Starbucks. The assembly that can't pass a budget to save their lives, made sure to tackle this public menace.

They had already made it illegal to open-carry with ammunition anywhere on your person by modifying existing law to define the handgun as loaded if ammunition was even so much as loosely in a pocket on your person. This is just a continuation of that initial intent.

edit on 12-9-2011 by John_Brown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me in the least, what does surprise me however is that there are still upstanding gun owners living in the state of California when the state has done everything short of telling them to move out. Its a wonder they have anybody willing to live in the state at this point really, they have already worked diligently to drive out most of the businesses.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The criminals and illegals in peoples republic of california (PRC) must be rejoicing.

The state is now a "gun free zone" for law abiding citizens - aka a target rich environment for criminals.

edit on 9/12/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join