It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Things Every Survivalist Should have But To Few Can afford

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
how are people missing the point of this thread?

the basics have been covered in a hundred different threads already

come on people isnt there something that you want to have but just dont have the cash to get it?

how many times do i have to say it.
edit on 13-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

because ats is full of bots.

why do you think whenever somebody starts a thread with a YT video in the OP, there is always somebody within 2-3 posts asking "can you post a summery of the video as i cant watch it for whatever reason"

you cant watch it because your algorithm is designed to analyze text!
edit on 14-9-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

www.superdroidrobots.com...

3 more things id love to have and they do have relevant uses

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

unimogs will get you from point a to point b

but the knight xv to get you there in style

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You are forgetting many other essential items such as:

.Guns, Ammo (small caliber and Large), also maybe a crossbow or Bow in case you run out of ammo
.Food for at least a year, so you have time to grow your crops or learn your hunting skills.
.Land to live off, and grow crops or keep livestock
.Water, and plenty of it, also water purification tablets, and filters
.Shelter, depending on the situation, it may need to be underground or maybe just a small hidden structure if the enviroment is OK.
.Potassium Iodide pills in case of radiation sickness, helps with the Thyriod gland from getting cancer
.Magnesium, can be used for fire, also a main ingreident for Gun powder
.Common Sense, can't learn it, you either have it or your screwed
.Plenty of warm clothing, good boots, gloves, rain gear, hunting gear,
.Probably the most important is the need for a Group of people to stick together, that way everyone has a job to do, everyone can help somehow, the down fall is that it will take more food to do this, but its probably the only way to live, you could then split people into security, hunting, preparing food, cleaning, gathering water, etc.....
The list could go on forever, you can never be fully prepared for a catastrophic event, unless you know whats coming, and even then, the supplies just might not be there, and thats when your common sense skills kick in, and you start to adapt and make your own supplies.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
nightvision does work on double aa batteries and there is that thing called a faraday cage

i was looking at what hopsitals do now for sheilding for mri machines and their rooms

basically take the batteries out and sheild them the same way a person does for other radios.

sheilding is not impossible but too much disinfo exists on the internet now as to the uses for shtf or wrol

moving in daylight makes one an easy target however when someone moves at night they have that cover and concealment from all those people who say meh who needs nightvsion.

ahhh i see. so this is for people who have very little or none existent natural vision. i wonder what its like sneaking around with a binocular duct taped to your head. whatever you do, make sure to wear diapers, it can be scary at night.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

edit on 15-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here's my top 5:
(Items, in particular order, if I were not on the "move")

1) Water purifier, such brands as Katadyn or Berkey are good ones to look at.
2) A good, sound, dependable rifle. And ammo. Lots of that.

3) Books. No, really, think about it. It would go in the 'psychology of survival' section I think.
4) Pair of durable boots. I'm going to be on my feet. A lot.
5) IF I don't have fuel for lighting/cooking, then a way to start a fire for both purposes.

I know there's a lot more, but I feel these things are important none the less!
If I were on the "move" I'd like:

1) Durable clothing/footwear suited for my environment.
2) See number two above, and all that entails.
3) Multiple ways to start a fire.
4) Shemagh. It has the usefulness of the bandana and then some. (Also snazzy for a fashion item, as I use it often...good against the cold, too!)
5) Multiple ways to purify water.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Without electricity, We will have to survive the same way as they did hundreds of years ago, hunting for food, wood for heat, preserves for winter food, it might be fun. I hate technology

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

Exactly.

I want to be as "off the grid" as it were, as I can. My next step is getting a hand-pump for our well. That and a garden and next spring, a goat. (Dairy) And chickens. Yay for growing your own food, eh?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

come on people isnt there something that you want to have but just dont have the cash to get it?

Put that way... A really large sailboat with some kind of alternate power engines also, and some solar power, with all the gadgets, plenty of room, lots of storage, weapons, etc.

When the SHTF, I'd be off a coast somewhere watching it all unfold on TV, sipping on some Mai Tai's, with some half-naked women sunning themselves on the deck....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i have always asked myself why dont they have boat engines that take the hydrogen from the saltwater and convert it for fuel.

unlimited range and fuel not too up on hydrogen sources of power and alternate energies they guy who invents that can write his own ticket.

maybe they already do i dont know
edit on 19-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Put that way... A really large sailboat with some kind of alternate power engines also, and some solar power, with all the gadgets, plenty of room, lots of storage, weapons, etc.

When the SHTF, I'd be off a coast somewhere watching it all unfold on TV, sipping on some Mai Tai's, with some half-naked women sunning themselves on the deck....

I hear you on the never ending sailboat cruise. Small wind turbines and solar for power generation, desalination for fresh water and plenty of long shelf life rations and you're good to go. Learn how to use a sextant. I don't want any GPS connections whatsoever.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join