It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Things Every Survivalist Should have But To Few Can afford

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The big ticket item i would like to have is one of those atmospheric water generators with the ability to power the thing. If you do a search there are videos on how to make cheap IR night vision stuff from old camcorder parts. Of course not as good as the high speed low drag parts you have listed, but better than nothing at all.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
my collection of cia manuals

flare gun + ammo

car batterie voltage transformer

my grandpa (hes an old military guy)

knowledge (where the bunkers in the city, food storages and guns etc. are)

edit on 12-9-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This indicates too much video war game playing. It defies the real world even with just wishing for the equipment. You couldn't keep enough batteries on hand to keep them all powered for long..

And, Hell, the ravagers would just storm you in the daylight. How many pieces of equipment and weapons can you handle at one time and for a time? One man, even one family,mini-fortresses willl not be the answer, only death traps. Fire bombs thrown by inner tube-powered slingshots will burn you out within a few hours after you start picking off the intruders. They won't leave you alone. they'll want what you have even if they have to pick through the embers.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

This indicates too much video war game playing. It defies the real world even with just wishing for the equipment. You couldn't keep enough batteries on hand to keep them all powered for long..

the quotes indicates that you shouldnt make judgement calls about someone who you know nohing about point of fact i dont own and xbox or ps3 or waste my cash on video games in general.

as to the power dude i am sitting here using batteries i bought over 2 years ago and a small stockpile would last a hell of a long time.

then theres the fact of newer battery technology such as for instance enelop batteries that are rechargeable and last for a thousand recharges.

so please dont go there.

as to daylight raids? alright then whatever.
edit on 12-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I would take the first thing on ur list, i think it's enough to stay alive and don't get busted by night.

Personally i would take one extra thing , when i got all my other supplies , it's a ' Trangia ' !!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
we should just deploy SHTF so we can get on with our survival mode...anyone up for the game????

you know they say, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

yeah lets get on with the game, i want cockroaches for dinner with some herbs and worms !!! yummy.................

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Definitely wishlist items on my budget! I'd settle for a 6 month supply of can goods and a couple of boxes of MRES at the moment.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwing48

And what will u do when u have to leave ur home ??? 6 month ? u think thats enough ?
edit on 9/12/2011 by SheldonCooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
most people dont even have 1 day supply of extra food let alone 6 months.

far too many people in this country live for the moment and never plan ahead.

that said while food is important whats more important is water

not only for drinking but hygiene.

that has been covered by too many threads already tho.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SheldonCooper

I know it's not enough, but it's a reasonable and definitely do-able starting point. After that's gone, it'll be time to start doing some serious trapping and fishing.

Also, In six months time I'd imagine at least a quarter of the population will have either starved to death, died from exposure, or fallen prey to looters and/or road gangs. At that point, competition for the existing resources will be greatly reduced.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have the water covered and I'm slowly working on the food situation. Money is rather tight at the moment, but I've shifted my priorities around to make it possible. The economy bites, and the prices for commodity items continue to rise almost weekly.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwing48

thats the truth for sure food is expensive

gotta add people who like bacon they make canned bacon thats a 2 fer you get to eat the bacon already cooked and you can use the grease to cook other stuff.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
its green and smells of skunk.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

If I get hungry enough even a skunk won't be safe! On a serious note, bugs are always plentiful, they're packed full of calories, and it takes very little energy to catch them. The canned bacon is definitely better sounding though.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
alright

mountain house and yodders

are more apetizing to me than skunks or bugs and civilian mres

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Based on your selections I would invest in a waterproof duffel bag. I would also keep a large supply of rechargeable batteries and a solar powered battery charger. Also you would need cleaning kits for each item.

Most people can't accurately describe what kind of experience it would be to attempt to survive. People need to focus on Food, Water, and shelter. You must also face the fact you may not be able to house your survival gear or that modern transportation will be available. You could find yourself on foot having to carry your survival gear. That duffel would get really heavy really fast.

I would also consider primitive weapons systems, crossbows, bows and arrows, slingshots and snares and small traps.

If I could afford 5 things

1 a solar powered generator (I already have a 300 watt solar powered power supply)
2 a solar powered water pump and lots of hose
3 A aquaculture portable greenhouse. (plastic, Rebar, pvc pipe, and watertight tubs.
4 property with a fresh water supply
5 my family and friends.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
if you keep in the dark and dont look at the moon we start to get our natural NV,but yeah one of those would be cool. how ab0ut water purifier or generator. decent mountain bike no gas needed and very stealthy

i need a thermal body wrap of sorts
i already made a woodland ghillie suit and it is awsome

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
you seem to have no budget limit.
so I would buy the old space shuttles and space station.
refit them and then use the shuttles to drive the space station in to space.
I would have NASA make about 20 of them new robots.
then build it all in to a big wheel. so I can have low gravity.
I would fill 2/3 of it with all kinds of plants and some animals.
like chickens, that are easy to feed.
I would have some others come with me. two females to one male.
4 big nuclear generators. 50 Ion rockets.
you can build it as you fly away!

but with MY money!
I will just dig a hole in the ground and use scrap metal and wood
to cover it. and stock it with recycled bottles of water.
nuts rice and stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
What u need is:

1.) Uncommon sense..see most people dont have common sense so it shouldnt be called common but uncommon lol
2.) multiple weapons..some of mass destruction lol
3.) Water Purifier
4.) proteins bars
5.) good boots
6.) night vision is excellent choice! gotta see the zombies coming at night lol jk
7.) bartering items..never forget those!
8.) oh and for me I have to add to my list that I really should find me a survival guy....a girl has to admit that in it doesn't hurt to have the right guy by her side ! I'm independent but dont mind admitting two is better than one especially wtshtf!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join