It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Things Every Survivalist Should have But To Few Can afford

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Search for gear i think most people would love to have but cant justify this kind of gear given personal circumstances meaning other things come first and have top priorities.

1, pvs-7b generation 3 nightvision goggles

2.pvs-14 generation 3 nightvision monocular

3 insight mtm pas-23 thermal monocular

4 nightvision or thermal scope

5 psr-1 seismic intrustion detector or equivalent.

those are my top 5 must haves for the end of the worl but most cant afford ats whats your top 5 must have items.

note those items are in addition to what most people already have so lets put them in "it would be nice to have"

category.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Definitely missing some items there.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Definitely missing some items there.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
much ammo for several weapons.............
just kidding..............
i guess the first item iwould get is a Purifier................................

edit on 9/12/2011 by SheldonCooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Pick one. Or, develop stealth skills. I have a Gen3 NV. It's not my most chrerished survival item. My most cherished survival item is my skills, which I have spent a lifetime developing. I'm not a badass, but I daresay I can creep into almost any area undetected, if I choose. I like the NV, and of course, I would like to be able to afford some thermal imagining, but it's not going to say the day in my situation. What will save the day is the ability to feed my family when the infrastructure fails. What will save the day is our ability to defend our plot of land against local marauders, our ability to mine water and filter it and trade purified water for other goods.

Good lineup of high-tech goodies, though. Pick one.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

nightvision makes good sense and would be sweet to have. if i got lucky and hit the Lottery i'd make my first priority a rather costly one: property with an existing humble home that hides an underground survival lair.

i've seen such things on eBay a few times, so they are out there. buying used, and with the current economy, i think one would save substantially over having such a place built.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
my bad people these items are after you have everything else after water and its purification after guns and ammo after food and and everything else.

i cant pick just one i want them all and i can see the need for every single one of them those items are around 25k

but if i had to pick one thermal for the nightvision ability and also to see through smoke and light foilage.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
And if we have an EMP event? How much good will those things do you? There are much more important things to have.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i cant see how a survivalist would want a NVG. i can understand if you need this for your trade but for survival? i dont see it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
nightvision does work on double aa batteries and there is that thing called a faraday cage

i was looking at what hopsitals do now for sheilding for mri machines and their rooms

basically take the batteries out and sheild them the same way a person does for other radios.

sheilding is not impossible but too much disinfo exists on the internet now as to the uses for shtf or wrol

moving in daylight makes one an easy target however when someone moves at night they have that cover and concealment from all those people who say meh who needs nightvsion.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yes thermal is a must,
RPG-7 and a crate of ammo
crate of frags
crate of clays
mini gun with 500,000 rounds of ammo
Semi auto 20mm and 10 boxes of armor piecing incendiary and some HEI
Toyota land cruiser with weapons mounts with anti puncture tires

missile silo with complete life support systems and enough food, water, meds ,entertainment, and select company for 10 years

I figure anyone who has a few cool mil laying around can have pretty much whatever they need to comfortably survive

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
nightvision does work on double aa batteries and there is that thing called a faraday cage

i was looking at what hopsitals do now for sheilding for mri machines and their rooms

basically take the batteries out and sheild them the same way a person does for other radios.

sheilding is not impossible but too much disinfo exists on the internet now as to the uses for shtf or wrol

moving in daylight makes one an easy target however when someone moves at night they have that cover and concealment from all those people who say meh who needs nightvsion.

better watch out for them drones and satellites...its best to play dead, out of site and underground

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

but what happens when u're on a night-hunt and sb got Thermal devices 2, ur screwed i guess!?!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
! Salvation, so you do not have to worry if caught or killed.

2. Bible so you can help others.

3 Love for others

4. Stealth

5. no tech so that you can not be detected.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SheldonCooper

thats were planning ahead comes in give the fact that charcoal lined mop suits that block all those nasty chemicals

also has a secondary effect of guess what? blocking thermal heat signatures of the human body or so i have heard.

but then agian i also heard that one of those emergency space blanket does the same thing.

screwed not so much of course that is if we beleive everything we read on the internet

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neat toys, but pretty much useless. If the world fell apart and that was what you packed were night and thermal imaging toys you;ld keep them for probably 24 hours before someone else took them from you. And then ate you.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
whats useless is some posters reading skills

what did i say? after everything else and uselesss when you can see a person walking up to you holding a weapon or not before they can ever see you

who has the advantage? you can either take them out or move.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What a person really needs to survive is the ability to live off the land. Grow food that is quick to harvest and natural to the area you are staying in.

Guns are a great tool,.............but they are the give away once fired.

Also unless you are a tactician with a squad of well trained people you will die, as they have more man power in the way of army.

If you are trying to keep other civilians away guns are not the answer, stealth is. with good hiding.

No foot prints, no smoke, no tech noise.

Survival like the trapper.

Scopes and high powered rifles are give away to locations and why would you want to shoot at some one that does not know where you are.

12 Gauge shot gun with large cap and plenty of OO buck and slugs to go for close 30 yards and long 100 yards respectively, and only when they are in your survival zone.

All of this means you can not have a large party as they do have the thermal tech to hunt out parties.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i got ur point, and u're right.

i would prefer nothing electronical (as mentioned above)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What u need is:

1.) Purifier
2.) several Knives
3.) a very good sleeping bag
4.) a Firestone
5.) mountain bike

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join