It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting thought on Ghosts, Are they real or stored data ?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
4 Text Maroon

Hello, I have only been on here for a week or so and i am enjoying reading people's feedbacks so im asking a few questions lately to hear people's thoughs....Anyways back to the subject

Lets get one thing sorted, I am an Atheist, I do not believe if afterlife, Spirits, Demons etc as you would expect from an Atheist, But i have nothing against people who are religious i truly accept that! But i like to think about these matters from time to time so........

I was just thinking as i often do about ghosts :

Upon pondering i was thinking about ghosts for some reason when i though to my self, I have seen numerous amounts of Ghost videos on Youtube and on various TV programmes and one thing i tend to see quite often is ghosts walking through solid objects, Mainly walls and doors. I was thinking why do Ghosts never ever fall through the floor?

What i believe is the best explanation is ( I do believe there are see through things what people call ' Ghosts ' but i do not belive they are spirits etc ), I am a really deep thinker, and thought about Cassette tapes, which stores data on a magnetic strip , And i was thinking what if these things that are walking around are just memory's of the past that have been stored somehow in the Earth's magnetic field?

I hope i have not offended any body in the subject, I just want to hear peoples feedback

Thanks,

Oli

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Sure, it could be energies trapped in time, or something. One interesting thing to note is that quite often when ghosts are encountered, the recipient has noticed the ghosts feet to be below the current ground level, often moving around with their "feet" under the ground per se. That's a point that has always intrigued me. Do the ghosts or the energies remember the ground level of the time of the ghosts lives? Just a thought...so keep thinking!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
also, doesn't the presence of certain stone (like limestone) often seem to be conducive to ghost activity? perhaps that has some sort of function in "recording" the data.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
BTW what are flags? I have not been on here for a while so don't have a clue lol

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Flags indicate a good thread. Stars indicate a good post.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Thanks for telling me! I will get my little head around this site sooner or later

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer
also, doesn't the presence of certain stone (like limestone) often seem to be conducive to ghost activity? perhaps that has some sort of function in "recording" the data.

Quartz, I think.
Quartz crystals.
I once heard.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I had a friend who was a troubled homeless girl. Sometimes, she slept in the large closet area under the stairs in my apartment. She defied the wrong drug dealer and was murdered. The police asked me to identify her body.

She and my daughter were close, and she insisted on coming with me to view her body. When my daughter saw her she touched her gently on forehead, to say goodby. We were fond of her, but didn't know her long or well. We helped her, but she wasn't considered "family."

That is, till then. She was with us alot of the time. You could litterally see her, misty, but no doubt, her body and features. NO DOUBT! Sometimes she would reach out and touch us, me on the arm, my daughter on the forehead. Her touch was ice cold, and sometimes woke us from our sleep. She rode with us in the car. Her presence was pallatable and friendly.

After her death, I acquired a roommate, for an extra room I had. She moved out within 2 weeks because of a "ghost" that was bothering her. I began dating a new boyfriend. He went running, buck naked, from the shower screeming that a ghost stepped in the shower and touched him with cold icy hands. Neither of them had ever met my dead friend.

Eventually she faded away, I remember seeing her reach out to me as she slowly vanished.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

On the other hand, there is the theory of the "Akashic Records." If some have never heard of it, I'm going to post a cheesey You Tube, explaining the theory, in a smalzty way.
youtu.be...

There is the possibility planets have a recording mechanism, that like a vinyl record, is recorded with the rotation of the earth. If one learns to hear it, or decifer it, in a scientific way, of course.

edit on 12-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WolliOli

This does make sense if you think about it most places people see ghost are places that have a history so maybe they see or hear the stored past. Although I have seen things and heard things in my brand new house so I have no idea what that would be from.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What you're referring to there, in the parlance of the paranormal investigator is called a residual haunting.

Some people believe that spiritual energy can be "trapped" under the right set of circumstances and replay like a tape.

I can't say that's completely wrong, nor do I assume it accounts for all the "hauntings" that are allegedly out there. I personally don't believe that "hauntings" (ghosts, spirits, whatever) are the conscious spirits of the departed.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yes, I have considered something similar before. Like how the outline of an image will stay on a TV screen for a few seconds after it's turned off (the old 'tube' TVs, that is).

It would explain why ghosts are often seen doing the same thing, and why they don't react to humans.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Interesting thought on Ghosts, Are they real or stored data ?!?

Makes good sense as it explains repetitiousness hauntings to a tee. But I do tend to think that there is more to life than just this 10 minutes in the physical machine. It would really make little sense to spend so much effort evolving a creature with so much ability, only to see them snuff out at roughly the same time they reach some degree of understanding of life.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
They are in a sense stored data. A consciousness of energy called the soul.

This is why we are all here today. We souls are here to experience things and to learn forcing us to evolve.

The reason as to why they can pass through walls is due to the nature of their essence which is their being comprised of energy.

The same way in which your cell phone or wireless can pass through walls. So do ghosts.

Also, they don't fall through the floors because they aren't supported by the floors but are free floating and are merely walking where they had in the past when they were amongst the living.

I am reading a great introduction on Ghosts....by Hans Holzer, one of the premier researchers in the world of the paranormal entitled Ghosts: True Encounters with the World Beyond....

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315951771&sr=8-1

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Not sure about the stored memories.
But if a Ghost walks through a wall, it is usually becasue there was a door there in their lifetime.
I beleive I have seen a ghost emerge from the floor and walked across a bedroom, there may have been stairs there in it's lifetime.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Residual hauntings are just that, like a tape loop caught in time. But this does not explain intelligent hauntings.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I don't believe in ghosts, christianity says that when you die you go to sleep until the resurrection. Anything appearing to be a ghost is a demonic spirit.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This may interest you. I am quoting directly from another website:

~ Recordings and Replays - Ghosts ~

Natural materials such as stone wood and metals have their own unique structures, properties and energies, but they can be altered by their surrounding environment and affected by geological conditions, temperatures and changes.

These materials can and do absorb the conditions in the atmosphere, including intense stressful traumatic and emotional feelings of love, hate or fear for example.

When they absorb an event they record, memorise and retain that information.

This may be replayed back at a later date, providing the conditions are right for the phenomena to occur. The exact combination of these conditions are not known and much is speculation rather than fact, but it is believed that certain disturbances in the atmosphere create a disturbance in the energies of these materials, which in turn open the gate for recordings, replays or playbacks to be possible.

I already linked to the website in question in post on a different topic, today. Don't get the wrong idea! I swear I'm not even a member there, it is just a reliable reference of quick and simply worded information on some topics. This is the link I quoted from:

www.mysticfamiliar.com...

edit on 19/9/11 by sirenofthedead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

You can apply your question to anything that anyone can perceive. You can apply it at the quantum level to subatomic particles, and to the photon and its energy manifestations. And you will get, I think, if you apply some of that "deep" thinking, a similar conclusion. They all share a certain resemblance to a stored pattern of energy.

As for spirits, I studied a subject that requires some form of spiritual existence to work correctly. And since I have seen that subject work, I assume that a spiritual existence is part of basic truth. Since those studies, I have seen a lot of other evidence for this idea. So I don't have to go through severe mental contortions to arrive at the hypothesis that most "hauntings" are caused by spiritual entities. They cause all sorts of other weird stuff, so why not ghosts?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I believe they are both and neither and not meant to be undertood. I was the ultimate skeptic until I moved into a house that is 500+ years old and started experiencing "things". I consistently hear an old gramophone playing in the night and chairs being moved which I believe are recordings - but there are many of instances of intelligence in our spirits. Ice cold puffs of air in your face in a warm room with the doors closed and everthing perfectly still, etc.

If you ever experience it, your beliefs will be modified without a doubt.......................................................................

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Interesting question. I myself usually don't get involved with the ghost discussions because like any other discussion, it's usually between two groups, the deniers and the believers. I can only speak for myself and only know from my own experiences, which I don't feel is completely necessary to get into right now so onto the question.

In the context that you asked your question, I believe that they are both. Well first whether you believe in these beings or not, there's always polar opposites, positive and negative. Now in any case of a violent haunting be it objects being thrown without a physical presence touching them/slamming objects/a feeling of physical contact when nobody's there. I believe these beings are in fact "Real Data". Now in the case of non-violent encounters, objects simply moving/closing and opening doors (not slamming) with no physical presence/feeling of being lightly touched with no physical presence available well I believe that's "Stored Data".

Now how do I come to this conclusion you may ask? In the event of a Violent Haunting, where the ghost shows signs of aggression by physically interacting with their environment to physically show their presence, there's usually the same story of that being having an abrupt, violent end to their life. Now the non-violent situations, the being passed on with their life in full completion so to speak. Now why is this important?. Because when somebody has an abrupt and violent end to their life be it car accident, being murdered so on so forth. The amount of energy that is being displaced at that time from that person dying is tremendous. So I think that vast amount of energy has nowhere to go except for simply staying in the area that it was displaced. Now in the event of a non violent haunting, that being has usually passed away before their energy could be used up from their life cycle by growing old and passing away/just starting life and passing/being sick and passing, thus making their energy output weaker for when they pass on leaving a smaller energy field in the area if any. Which in turn turns them into "Stored Data" while the energy is present but unable to interact.

That's my theory anyways.

S+F for you

top topics

<<   2 >>

join