It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congessman who started TSA wants it dismantled and privatized, says its a fiasco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Finally some good news from the terror front. The man who started TSA rapists wants the whole thing privateized! This would be www.theblaze.com... good idea considering the amount of test explosives the TSA let through was 75% compared to the private company in SF that only let 20% through. Maybe now the molesting and thefts will stop and maybe this will create jobs somehow.

Sorry about the link Im not too good at this yet lol

edit on 12-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: add stuff

edit on 12-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I don't see how privatizing it would make it any better to be honest...enlighten me if it will...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile

I don't see how privatizing it would make it any better to be honest...enlighten me if it will...

Bingo! Someone's good family friend will profit incredibly while the system bloats with expense, abuse and management at kindergarten level. Privatization is just another way of screwing the taxpayer, just harder and deeper.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Here ya go chief!
transportation.house.gov...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Heres a quote since you must not have read the article
Washington, DC – Airport passenger screening with private security screeners under federal supervision is dramatically more efficient and less costly than the all-federal screening model, according to a Transportation Committee investigative report.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Privatization is not the answer. Completely dismantle the organization. End the SS and the Gestapo both.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You should know anything done federaly cost WAY MORE

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

all that proves is that it might save $1 billion over the next 5 years...sorry but that's chump change...and how would privatizing make it any better in regards to touching your testicles or your girlfriends boobs or cavity searching the girl with down syndrome?

just sayin...

edit to add: not sayin we shouldn't save money...but how is it really going to much better than it is now is all I'm asking...
edit on 12-9-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
Privatization is just another way of screwing the taxpayer, just harder and deeper.

Since privatization always lowers costs and increases quality, your point? You don't actually believe that, do you?

The entire cost could be moved to the customers who are flying and off everyone elses back. That and the fact we will then be able to file law suits when they abuse the authority, which is another huge plus for us.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

all that proves is that it might save $1 billion over the next 5 years...sorry but that's chump change...and how would privatizing make it any better in regards to touching your testicles or your girlfriends boobs or cavity searching the girl with down syndrome?

just sayin...

edit to add: not sayin we shouldn't save money...but how is it really going to much better than it is now is all I'm asking...
edit on 12-9-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)
[/quote

A private company will not molest you because they will not want to lose their job for one. Also they would not want to be sued. These TSA goons thought they were above the law hence the theft and molesting. Thats how its better

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

while I certainly hope that would be true...won't the government still keep laws in place allowing such behavior in the name of security even if it were privatized?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

while I certainly hope that would be true...won't the government still keep laws in place allowing such behavior in the name of security even if it were privatized?

Well I guess we will see

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

sorry but I don't believe in these fairy tails of the TSA seriously getting better...I would "hope" so...but there's about as much "hope" in that sentence as there is "change" in Obama's presidency...

The dismantling part I like...not so much the privatization...but I guess if it's a step in the right direction I wouldn't mind privatizing it...it needs to change from what it is now for sure

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Take the very last letter, the 'a' out of the word fiasco in your link. That is what is causing it to not pull up the right page. Here is a working link: www.theblaze.com...

top topics

join