It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: The Last Hours in Najaf

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

can anyone who is a Muslim show me where it states in
the Koran that it's ok to use a Mosque as a bunker.

Sanc'.

Can anyone answer my question?
Sanc'.

No, not in my searches, however, this is where interpretation will come into play

This is where I find a problem with this whole situation. Militias hiding behind religion. Its one thing to do something in a devout Religious way, but it is another to use it in this manner. The Iraqi admin has been giving them last chances for a week now, when it happens I will believe it. I personally believe (start the flaming
) that you have a right to fight and defend your religion of choice, however I do not see how this is in any way a defense of religion. To me its more of a defense to politics. There is no way in hell that The US, or even Iraq for that matter, would storm and attack a religious site such as a shrine that is supposed to be used for prayer, attacking this monument will only make matters worse.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just in case you're wondering why the US just doesn't 'get serious' and kill everything on sight, keep in mind that many people in Iraq are encouraged by the fact that the US is not outright destroying the monuments they hold sacred.

If the US shows no compassion toward such things, a wider resistance could evolve.

So, we're trying to do things the smart way, not the hard way.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
Hey tex try not to take what they say to heart,
anything and everything in iran,iraq is a f!%$#* holy site its a bunch of bs
I understand that people have a right to their own belives but come on this is war

May I ask you a question, whose war is this administration fighting in Iraq? And when the declaration of war came into effect.? Do you know?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
GAS THE PLACE AND TAKE THEM OUT BY THEIR EARS......hiding in a holy place.....no respect for anything....screw 'em

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join