It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jumped Universes? Skipped Time?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The minute details of this story are important so soldier through to the end

Last Tuesday, approximately 4:30 AM, I had been awake for about 2 hours. During that time I posted on Facebook, replied to emails, drank a glass of water, and made coffee. I have two husky/golden retriever dogs: one red, one black. The black dog circled in front of the sliding glass door, indicating she needed to go outside. I got off the couch, walked to the door, removed the wood block that ensures someone from the outside can't open it, unlocked it, and opened the door. Both dogs went into the dark morning. I closed the door, locked it, replaced the wood.

I walked into the kitchen, poured the coffee, added creamer, stirred, carried the coffee into the living room, sat on the couch, placed the cup on the TV tray next to the laptop, and began typing again. Perhaps one sentence typed later, the red dog nudged my arm, his normal signal that he wants petted.

I jumped and gave a small startled scream. There he sat, wagging his tail, waiting to be petted. I look for the black dog and find her curled in a ball asleep on the same couch I'm sitting on, two cushions down.

I checked the door: locked with wood block in place. I should have checked the time, but I didn't. To be honest, I was shaken up. Not frightened, but intrigued and dazed.

What happened, I don't know. It wasn't a false awakening because the Facebook posts and emails exist, proof I was truly awake. The details are important to show I didn't fall asleep.

I needed to share this with like-minded people. Mostly for my own peace of mind (assuming there is any left, lol). Thanks for reading.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Welcome to the club.
This is happening to more and more of us and more often. As to what is causing it or what "it" even is, is any ones guess at this point. All I can say for sure it what you have described is a space time anomaly. Different people call them different names but what it all comes down to is that there was a shift in the local fabric of space time. Now the fun begins.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I don't know what was in that coffee but i want some

Nah in all seriousness these things happen to humans all the time, but most people just seem to dismiss them i think its another nuisance chemical reaction in the brain specifically there to make life even more confusing than it already is.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The question that's always been around about "alternate," or "parallel" universes has been, "So how come I only seem to be in just the one?" I'm personally not aware of jumping around between the umpty-billion other universes? I'm just stuck with this boring universe. Bleh.

So maybe there is a way to hop and skip between them, moving a bit in space and time, but not enough to where you're stuck on some icy methane moon of some distant planet or anything. The mind is a quantum machine, after all, maybe that's part of it's quantumness.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thank you for the reply.
I wasn't aware that this was something that is happening more and more. Now my fascination is two-fold. I find myself speculating if these happenings are a reaction...symptom...consequence (I have no idea what the correct word here is) of something bigger heading our way, like rippling waves before the big tsunami.

Pure speculation, obviously, but I welcome all thoughts

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Loss of time has often been linked to abduction. Any new marks on your body?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by exclusionzone
Loss of time has often been linked to abduction. Any new marks on your body?

No, I haven't noticed any. That is why I wish I had looked at the time. 20/20 hindsight, you know?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
I don't know what was in that coffee but i want some

Nah in all seriousness these things happen to humans all the time, but most people just seem to dismiss them i think its another nuisance chemical reaction in the brain specifically there to make life even more confusing than it already is.

Keep your hands off my coffee!

Regardless of the explanation, chemical in the brain or whatever, seems rather cruel to throw in MORE confusion. At least to me, lol.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
The question that's always been around about "alternate," or "parallel" universes has been, "So how come I only seem to be in just the one?" I'm personally not aware of jumping around between the umpty-billion other universes? I'm just stuck with this boring universe. Bleh.

So maybe there is a way to hop and skip between them, moving a bit in space and time, but not enough to where you're stuck on some icy methane moon of some distant planet or anything. The mind is a quantum machine, after all, maybe that's part of it's quantumness.

Beautifully worded
and thank you for the reply. I do wish that clarity would accompany the amazing things we can do. Would make thing so much simpler

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Yes, hindsight is definately a bitch. The funny part is that you always hear people say "if this happened to me I would have done this differently". The truth is we don't have a clue what we will do until we react, we haven't calculated instinct into the equation.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by exclusionzone
reply to post by Alora

Yes, hindsight is definately a bitch. The funny part is that you always hear people say "if this happened to me I would have done this differently". The truth is we don't have a clue what we will do until we react, we haven't calculated instinct into the equation.

That is not true. I know what I would do. I would crap my pants.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
(Not denying any of the things mentioned by others aout missing time and etc.) I think we tend to forget the routine things sometimes even as we are doing them. A lot of times I go for a walk and get a little bit from my house and think "I don't remember locking the door..did I?" Then I walk back and realize that I did...but the memory is not there.

edit on 12-9-2011 by MoebabFlundershuntz because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

THAT'S AWESOME!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Is it possible that you actually fell asleep on the couch momentarily; sleeped walked to let the dogs in and woke up after the fact? Not as romantic as skipped time and alternate universes but....

edit on 12-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora

Last Tuesday, approximately 4:30 AM, I had been awake for about 2 hours. During that time I posted on Facebook, replied to emails, drank a glass of water, and made coffee. I have two husky/golden retriever dogs: one red, one black.

Yes, your post was very detailed, right down to the color of your dogs. This sort of reminds me of a riddle to solve. So, with that being said, you didn't mention living with any other people.

Could anybody else in your house have let them in?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

The source of this is the Hadron Collider experiments. Part of what we perceive as the multiverse is our own unique perception it's self. May God have mercy on our souls.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I think you're crazy or lying or suffering distorted thinking or all 3.

Although I'm not sure what the difference between crazy and distorted thinking is.

But anyway, do you honestly understand what you're saying?

You're asking me to believe that there's a time/space distortion, like on Star Trek.
edit on 12-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Go ahead and laugh now. I too used to laugh at such things. Not any more. You should print out that reply you posted and save it. There may be a day that you too stop laughing and when that day comes you should think back to this day and that post.
There was a time when I was just like you when it come this things like this and I can remember all the laughing and name calling that I did. Then one day it happened to me and then it was no longer funny.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There is a dis-tractor in the story. It's that wood pole you used to block the door.
So the you see the dogs go out, then you go retrieve the pole from wherever you put it and the dogs for some reason get spooked and come right back in, but you don't see them. Then you put back the pole and go get the coffee....

Just an observation, but you have to allow for everything before you jump at a conclusion that invokes paranormal.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I am very glad you posted this. I have had a slightly different experience but kinda along the same lines. It is as if some one is going back in time and changing things just a little and it causes to jump to a new timeline. About 5 years ago I was out walking and came to this crossroad that I had been to hundreds of times. But for the first time there was a cross-walk. Never seen that before at that location but the paint was old and pealing. Ok I just never noticed it before. One week later I walking home again and was thinking about the cross-walk and low and behold not only was it still there but it now had walk/don't walk lights. There had been no sign of these poles going in just one week and every think looked as if they had been there for years. I was freaking out a little and did not know what to think. The next day I went back the walk light were gone and no sign of ever being in. The old painted cross walk was there but now instead of being yellow painted cross walk it was white. I never saw any change after that but I am still a little freaked about it. And of course no proof.
I also remember some events in the past that apparently never happened or happened differently that I remember. such as I remember Nelson Mandela dieing in prison. But it never seemed to happen. I remember things that happened with my family that my sister also remembers but no one else remembers it the same as she and I do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join