It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Now that I'm here, I seem to recall people mentioning this website to me once or twice over the last year or two. I was googling binaural/isochronic/monaural mp3s and things when I stumbled in.
I love reading and writing - I especially enjoy people that express themselves well, whatever their opinion may be. Some people find this hard when they are excited or particularly passionate about a topic. As for myself, I am often prone to saying too much and a simple post can take me forever to write if I start trying too hard to catch myself out.
Although I find most garden variety, self-help related books impossibly predictable and unreadable, I have always had a strong interest in spiritual development and a number of paranormal(ish) related things. My biggest problem with that is the fact that I went to high school in the 80s and, consequently, have a near phobic paranoia about/aversion to anything flavor-of-the-month or that could be classified as a soundbite. I need to guard against dismissing topics/people that seem to me to fall under that heading at first glance because I am not always correct in my assumptions and realize more and more as I get older how much a person can miss out on by overdoing that. There just seems to be ten pounds of garbage for every skerrick of actual value to be found when researching in particular subjects and we all know how frustrating that gets after a while.
As yet, there haven't been any consistent sources of face to face conversation or anyone I can ask questions to in real life about paranormal or spiritual things and hope to learn from. That sounds arrogant at face value but I'm actually pretty humble. I just haven't met many people with a working knowledge of those subjects, yet.

Anyway, whether I find answers, laughs or just conversation, so far I'm pleased to be here.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sirenofthedead

Sorry, Funding cuts to the site have been so severe that expertly made tin foil hats cant be handed out to every new member anymore, So i suggest you make your own, And fast

Welcome Siren! *Bows*

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
welcome to ats

the weather is always nice

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
*makes note of that mobile site*

Lovely

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
welcome, enjoy, see you around the forums... a mod should be here momentarily to let you in on a few things
have a good time and deny ignorance!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sirenofthedead

Welcome the forums mate, looking forward to your threads and comments.

Have fun!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Thank you for the friendly welcome.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Quick question, going cross-eyed trying to search the answer:

What is the quickest way to see which of my posts have been starred?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hey siren you seem like a cool person, add me as a friend

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So...I have questions about... everything.
Is there anyone with any experience in mediumship who is up for a chat?

top topics

join