It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fearless leader dubya wears unearned medals

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
yeah, dubya is backpeddlin' now on kerry's war record, even though the damage has already been done. so, bush has got what he wanted anyway- making people question kerry's vietnam service.

the whole thing is really amazing to me. i'm not that crazy about kerry, but like i said in an earlier post- i'll vote for a loaf of bread before casting my vote for the bush crime family. but anyway, how does a man who has such a questionable record (can you say AWOL?!), question his opponent who WAS in vietnam and IS highly decorated. simply amazing. it only goes to show how politics has been transformed into propaganda in this country. the more news i watch or hear, the more apathetic i become to the whole political process.

oh, and by the way- read this:

no, dubya didn't go to vietnam, and he didn't HONORABLY serve in the military (although, wIth daddy's help, he's convinced everyone that he did)... BUT THAT DOESN'T PREVENT HIM FROM WEARING MEDALS THAT HE DID NOT EARN---

www.democraticunderground.com...



[edit on 24-8-2004 by John bull 1]




posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   




Corrected by information supplied by JackatMtn below.

[edit on 8-24-2004 by Valhall]



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is a weak attempt to discredit the President, first of all the Air Force Outstanding Unit Award Ribbon is awarded to a unit, and all members who serve in that unit wear this ribbon. , the other ribbon for marksmanship shows on the record.


The Air Force Outstanding Unit Award was authorized by Department of the Air Force General Order 1, Jan. 6, 1954. It is awarded by the Secretary of the Air Force to numbered units which have distinguished themselves by exceptionally meritorious service or outstanding achievement that clearly sets the unit above and apart from similar units, the services include; performance of exceptionally meritorious service, accomplishment of a specific outstanding achievement of national or international significance, combat operations against an armed enemy of the United States, or military operations involving conflict with or exposure to hostile actions by an opposing foreign force.


Please check out your information before posting such complete garbage which could spread ignorance.

[edit on 8/24/04 by JacKatMtn]



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
JacKatMtn,

You are correct about the ribbons. I am a retired Air Forceman and thos are the the correct ribbons. All those ribbons mean is the President Bush can shoot an M-16, and was asigned to a good unit. Nothing to see her, keep moving along. It bothers me that the Dems are trying to smear Bush while claiming to be the victim. Do we really want someone who can't take the heat to be in the kitchen when terrorist acts occur? I don't think so.



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
This is a weak attempt to discredit the President, first of all the Air Force Outstanding Unit Award Ribbon is awarded to a unit, and all members who serve in that unit wear this ribbon. , the other ribbon for marksmanship shows on the record.



The Air Force Outstanding Unit Award was authorized by Department of the Air Force General Order 1, Jan. 6, 1954. It is awarded by the Secretary of the Air Force to numbered units which have distinguished themselves by exceptionally meritorious service or outstanding achievement that clearly sets the unit above and apart from similar units, the services include; performance of exceptionally meritorious service, accomplishment of a specific outstanding achievement of national or international significance, combat operations against an armed enemy of the United States, or military operations involving conflict with or exposure to hostile actions by an opposing foreign force.


There is a host of medals/ribbons (yes, there is a difference) that are not personally awarded, in the case of the Navy, a "Battle E" is awarded to a ship, or squadron, this is a ribbon, there is no medal to wear, and all attached to the command (during the timeframe that the award was won) that garners this award are authorized to wear it.

Air Reserve Awards and Decorations Chart.


[edit on 24/8/2004 by Mirthful Me]



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
hmmm...

so the source i've linked is wrong. sorry.

the ribbon is awarded to a UNIT. so dubya can wear it, even though he was missing for a while from reporting, and even though he failed to take a drug test when required.

i see- it'd be kinda like me gettin' a pay raise along with the fellows i work with, even i might not have showed up for work for a while.

ahem.



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by redalert
yeah, dubya is backpeddlin' now on kerry's war record, even though the damage has already been done. so, bush has got what he wanted anyway- making people question kerry's vietnam service.

the whole thing is really amazing to me. i'm not that crazy about kerry, but like i said in an earlier post- i'll vote for a loaf of bread before casting my vote for the bush crime family. but anyway, how does a man who has such a questionable record (can you say AWOL?!), question his opponent who WAS in vietnam and IS highly decorated. simply amazing. it only goes to show how politics has been transformed into propaganda in this country. the more news i watch or hear, the more apathetic i become to the whole political process.

oh, and by the way- read this:

no, dubya didn't go to vietnam, and he didn't HONORABLY serve in the military (although, wIth daddy's help, he's convinced everyone that he did)... BUT THAT DOESN'T PREVENT HIM FROM WEARING MEDALS THAT HE DID NOT EARN---

www.democraticunderground.com...



[edit on 24-8-2004 by John bull 1]


That's a pretty sad attempt to smear a record that doesn't have anything to smear on it. It's not Bush's fault that Kerry created his entire platform around his military career. I respect anyone who served our country in any way. But you have to anticipate your military record be put under a microscope when you use it as the central focus of your campaign. Bush is using his war on terror as his platform and he is scrutinized left an right. Why should it be any different for Kerry?



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Bush went into the guard to avoid going to Vietnam. Cheney ran into the college ranks, 5 deferments to avoid going. People like my father and grandfather all went because that's what their country asked them to do. My father, a retired USAF colonel, March 1970, after 30 years, once told me that I will never ask someone to do what I won't do myself. To bad our president will, he asks men to give up their lives in Iraq when he hid out here in the national guard during Vietnam. In my opinion, he's a puss.



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Bush went into the guard to avoid going to Vietnam. Cheney ran into the college ranks, 5 deferments to avoid going. People like my father and grandfather all went because that's what their country asked them to do. My father, a retired USAF colonel, March 1970, after 30 years, once told me that I will never ask someone to do what I won't do myself. To bad our president will, he asks men to give up their lives in Iraq when he hid out here in the national guard during Vietnam. In my opinion, he's a puss.


Exactly, there is no record to smear. So why even try. Sure you can bust on him for the fact that he didn't do much while in the military, but that's not what is being done here.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join