It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Degrees of Freemasonry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
images.google.com.../Steps%2520of%2520Freemasonry.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.shawneemasoniclodge54.com/M asonic%2520Steps.htm&h=1419&w=2145&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522Freemasonry%2522%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN

Degrees of the Symbolic (Blue) Lodge
1st Degree - Entered Apprentice
2nd Degree - Fellowcraft
3rd Degree - Master Mason
Degrees of the Scottish Rite Degrees of the York Rite

4th Degree - Secret Master Mark Master
5th Degree - Perfect Master Past Master (Virtual)
6th Degree - Intimate Secretary Most Excellent Master
7th Degree - Provost and Judge Royal Arch Mason
8th Degree - Intendant of the Building Royal Master
9th Degree - Master Elect of Nine Select Master
10th Degree - Elect of Fifteen Super Excellent Master
11th Degree - Sublime Master Elect Order of the Red Cross
12th Degree - Grand Master Architect Order of Knights of Malta
13th Degree - Master of the Ninth Arch Order of Knights Templar
14th Degree - Grand Elect Mason
15th Degree - Knight of the East or Sword
16th Degree - Prince of Jerusalem
17th Degree - Knight of the East and West
18th Degree - Knight of the Rose Croix
19th Degree - Grand Pontiff
20th Degree - Master Ad Vitam
21st Degree - Patriarch Noachite
22nd Degree - Prince of Libanus
23rd Degree - Chief of the Tabernacle
24th Degree - Prince of the Tabernacle
25th Degree - Knight of the Brazen Serpent
26th Degree - Prince of Mercy
27th Degree - Commander of the Temple
28th Degree - Knight of the Sun
29th Degree - Knight of St. Andrew
30th Degree - Grand Elect Knight
31st Degree - Grand Inspector Inquisitor Commander
32nd Degree - Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret
33rd Degree - Sovereign Grand Inspector General

I'm not sure if this is for all Masonic temples but I am pretty sure it is.

[Edited on 5-4-2003 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You're missing the York Rite.....

Also..the various appendant bodies...

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
BTW...the rank of 33 deg. is honorary...

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 04:06 AM
link   

look at the eye, there's a snake around it

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The 33d degree comes in 2 varieties: Honorary and Sovereign.

The Sovereign variety can promote any Mason to any degree on the spot. Make a "profane" person a Mason. Make 2 people a 33d degree per year ( I.E. Ronald Reagan, on his last day in office ). Throw the Worshipful Master, Senior Deacon and Junior Deacon out of the lodge. And talk during lodge ceremonies.

Says so right here, in a book written by the former Supreme Commander of the Supreme Council of the 33d degree:

Old Cahier of the 33d Degree

www.amazon.com...=1049565790/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/103-3580067-7567033?v=glance&s=books

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
LoL researcher I am having trouble reading through your crap.

By honorary, it is meant, it is bestowed upon Masons who've done an exceptional service to masonry.

Because degrees 4-32 are given to you, as soon as you finish one, the next one is slapped on you, almost like a race.

But 33 is with held, until you've truly earned it.

Now what you are thinking of is "honorary mason" which has nothing really to do with Masonry or the Scottish rite.

Basically it is the 33rd degree members saying "This non-mason deserves some credit as having modled our ideals" or at least that's the ideal picture, and they give them an "honorary 33rd" which isn't the same as the 33rd being "honorary" hehe.

Now one final thing.

You can never make a "Profane" a freemason, ever...lol.

Researcher, do more research.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
5, an insult from you is high praise.

1) You have, or have not, read Old Cahier. If you have, you know what I said is true. If you have not, you do not know what you are talking about.

2) Old Cahier was written by Albert Pike, Sovereign Grand Commander of the Supreme Council of the 33d degree.

3) Albert Pike stated clearly that a Sovereign 33d degree can make any person a Mason of any degree, and make 2 people per year a 33d degree.

4) Do you know more about this subject than Albert Pike?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
You can't be made a mason unless you've taken the 3 degrees. Period.

Grand Lodge superceeds all other rites, and degrees.

If you aren't a mason you aren't a mason, regardless of the 33rd degree or not.

Which is why it was possible to bestow the 33rd upon Reagan as an "honorary thing".

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher
5, an insult from you is high praise.

1) You have, or have not, read Old Cahier. If you have, you know what I said is true. If you have not, you do not know what you are talking about.

2) Old Cahier was written by Albert Pike, Sovereign Grand Commander of the Supreme Council of the 33d degree.

3) Albert Pike stated clearly that a Sovereign 33d degree can make any person a Mason of any degree, and make 2 people per year a 33d degree.

4) Do you know more about this subject than Albert Pike?

Old Cahier is simply that. "Old" The Scottish Rite doesn't function in the way that it did in the days when that document was in use. BEFORE Pike was Grand Commander of the Scottish Rite (4th-33rd Degrees) A man can be made a "Mason at sight" by the Grand Master of some Grand Lodges, but a 33rd can not (NOT NOT NOT) make anyone...Mason or otherwise a 33rd. A unanimous vote of the Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite is required before this degree can be conferred. Same goes for the Knight Commander of the Court of Honor (KCCH) in the Southern Jurisdiction.

Pike, by the way, was Grand Commander of the Southern Jurisdiction ONLY. This area comprises states basically south of the Ohio River and West of the Mississippi. The other U.S. states are under the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction which has it's own Sovereign Grand Commander and other countries have their own Supreme Councils, presided over by their own Sov. Grand Commanders. Each Supreme Council is autonymous. So Pike was never the "authority" of the Scottish Rite. ...only the SGC of the Southern Jurisdiction.
Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
it was brought to my attention that some time during the 90's certain high-ranking freemasons became very interested in cydonia, a controversial region of mars thought to display masonic layout (!).

can anyone fill me in on any details? i forgot where i came across the info the first time.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor was right
it was brought to my attention that some time during the 90's certain high-ranking freemasons became very interested in cydonia, a controversial region of mars thought to display masonic layout (!).

can anyone fill me in on any details? i forgot where i came across the info the first time.

I'm not sure who came up with it originally, but it's pretty funny if you think about it. A group of men in a fraternal group known for it's philanthropy interested in outer space.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
knight of brazen serpent.........???????????????????????????????

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
A group of men in a fraternal group known for it's philanthropy interested in outer space.

I call first tabs on Space Cowboy....and Midnight Toker!

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Arggh, Senrak I'm going to kill you heheheh. You keep bringing these old ones back to life, and it's hurting my brain!!!

Rule of thumb, if it's not on the first page, it's not worth replying to, the horse has been beatin off the first page, let it lie

[edit on 21-6-2004 by Darktalon]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
knight of brazen serpent.........???????????????????????????????

*Sigh*. What do they teach children in Sunday School these days?

I present the King James Bible Translation of Numbers, 21:5-9

"5": And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.

"6": And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.

"7": Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.

"8": And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

"9": And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

So, now you know where we get the phrase "Brazen Serpent." OMG! Do you mean that many Masonic Rituals are based on the Bible?!?! How could it be? (Sorry for the sarcasm
)

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darktalon
Arggh, Senrak I'm going to kill you heheheh. You keep bringing these old ones back to life, and it's hurting my brain!!!

Rule of thumb, if it's not on the first page, it's not worth replying to, the horse has been beatin off the first page, let it lie

[edit on 21-6-2004 by Darktalon]

Sorry Darktalon

I'm a newbie and thoroughly enjoying some of the "old" nonsense. One thing about it . . . there are some really "interesting?" individuals on this site.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Victor was right: You got that from this book by Graham Hancock:

www.amazon.com...=1087908108/sr=8-6/ref=pd_ka_6/102-1218208-1704107?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Senrak: Read "The spirit of Masonry" by Foster Bailey. Pages 140 - 145. Bailey claims Freemasonry is run by psychic control from Sirius by the Great White Lodge on Sirius.

Thats where people get the idea that Freemasons are interested in outer space. By reading books written by Freemasons.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

One thing about it . . . there are some really "interesting?" individuals on this site.

But, I notice a lot of them are either currently banned or long gone from ATS. But, hey, have fun

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher
Senrak: Read "The spirit of Masonry" by Foster Bailey. Pages 140 - 145. Bailey claims Freemasonry is run by psychic control from Sirius by the Great White Lodge on Sirius...Thats where people get the idea that Freemasons are interested in outer space. By reading books written by Freemasons.

Yeah, Brother Bailey was a Space Cowboy too....and almost certainly a Midnight Toker. After reading his comments about Sirius for the first time, I think he may have toked one time too many!

new topics

top topics

join