It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too complicated to be Human, Too Human to be complicated.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
These days we don't think about everyone else so much as we would ourselves,
I like to think that maybe the key lies in watching Humanity unfold as it gets lost in its own Subversion, Many times i have sat on the city walls of York (UK) and merely watched as everyone passes in different directions as they live out their own individual lives and i have found myself wondering if maybe there is just so much to society right now in way of paths and walks of life that we as humans seem to drifting further apart in way of psychological connection.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c82809b98caa.jpg[/atsimg]
The little connections we do have with each other have been given names such as love and friendship but in the way of an overall connection with each other we seem loosely knotted together in a tangle of fate as it were but understandably the key to peace seems to be taking the bull by the horns and admitting that we are all stuck on this planet together and that we must find a way to get along otherwise we always be just Humans and never "A" or "The" Humanity that everyday we think we are yet strive to be.

So, are we becoming too complicated to be Human?
Or is been human about been just that, and as we go on we constantly re-define ourselves as a society.
Or are we becoming so "Human" that our complicated lives are gradually merging towards what we originally had in the first place when we first came to existence an UN-biased seemingly less complicated society based on basic survival?

Sorry if I've baffled you with my questions, Most of the time my brain hurts also............

Ted

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

So, are we becoming too complicated to be Human?

Yes. Fossil fuels. We are like ants that discovered a big pile of sugar and have been swarming all over it for the last 150 years or so. think about how people lived in the 1600s and 1700s...that was pretty much as good as it can get for humanity without fossil fuels.

By giving us all this excess energy, it disrupted our natural patterns, even our minds!
We are like addicts, seriously its no metaphor, not only physically but also mentally we are fried from all the information and bright lights and meda and electricity and home comforts jingle-jangling around as a result of blazing through all this oil...its comfortable but crazymaking...its messed us up so bad we can't relate like normal humans anymore, which is what your post is about. But we will be in for a rude awakening when our "supply" gets disrupted....

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

You've hit the nail on the head there!

Things might be complicated now, but they are only getting worse

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

What are you talking about? Humans have always been screwed up to a degree. You think the breakdown of society is a recent thing? It's never stopped. The media just allows us to see it more often.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

I was merely querying on "the" breakdown of society in a more extended visual sense, Recent happenings are but a page in a book of many many pages

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I agree with you completely on this matter, but at same time i think that it is the guys into conspiracy that see things in this light.
And how do we know we're right, we seem to think alot differently than your average guy that passes in the night but its all just a matter of perspective at the end of the day.

Its all perspective and it seems most are living in a dream world, maybe we are the ones dreaming? Possiblly?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

well it is a Dream world, except nobody's dreaming, and were all in the "dream" together but have chosen to dream separately

Nah, I'm not one for conspiracy theories I'm more for reality (or the dream).

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

It's good to question your beliefs, but it's also good to see things in different perspectives.
Which ever way you see it, it really does not matter. We all learn a thing or two in the process.

But I think we as individuals condition ourselves too much, that we make reality so complicated.

It's part of the learning process in this plain of existence.

edit on 12-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
To my mind there are parallels in the domestication of animals such as dogs and cats and the way that it progressively dilutes their instinctive response in many ways. To me it makes sense that the more our society becomes saturated by progress (ie:technological progress and the progression of consumerism) the more removed from instinct we become. Semiotic overload! So many messages via so many avenues so much of the time. Our capacity for awareness is the same as it ever was and I believe we are no less worthy of attaining it. It simply becomes harder to remember that you're being distracted.

I've long had a notion that 'the meaning of life' is something to do with variation. The irony of an imagined scenario where variation is also the the thing that wipes out life seems almost familiar.

top topics

join