It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What brought you here? Why are you still here?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm here because only not am I a seeker of truth, but I also look at the world in depth. Though I recently turned 18, I've seen much darkness in the world. Despite having a minor mental disability, I have felt differently than everyone else; feeling like there's something wrong with the world, and no one seems to notice. This all seemed to have started when I was about 11 years old, the first time I saw a UFO. After seeing it, I did research, and I found out the U.S. government and military don’t want you to know about them. Doesn’t that sound suspicious? This was the first time I encountered a conspiracy; it opened my eyes opened to a world I was being deprived of, just like Neo in the Matrix. After that, my search for the truth branched out to other things including the government, the media, capitalistic corporations, technology, and religion. Because we seem to be so reliant on those five things, they have come together and created a system that now controls our society. I feel like that system is like the Matrix in more ways than one. It may sound crazy, but if you look at the world in depth, and try to open your mind like I do, then it may not sound as much. Think about how the media tells you about things like “(insert name here) shows off new hairstyle”, or (with the help of the corporations) “enjoy a Big Mac from McDonalds”. The first example is just unnecessary information; for those who so reliant on pop culture, they’re going to get all excited, act like they’re a god or goddess. The second example is brainwashing you into buying the commercial’s product and getting fat. My chiropractor had a seminar recently about how processed foods becoming more and more popular, yet unhealthy at the same time. True, there is such a thing called moderation, however these ads are everywhere. As far as corporations go, you’re a slave if you’re middle class or poor. Many Americans are losing their jobs because corporations want to send them overseas because it’s cheaper. Even if you have a job, you’re usually working long hours for mediocre pay, making you struggle even more. Morgan Spurlock made a documentary about people who struggle by living off of minimum wage, and it was jaw dropping. The rich are in control, and have constantly attacked the lower class just so they can make more money. In the Matrix, Morpheus describes the rest of society as still being plugged in, and that’s exactly what’s happening with Americans being so reliant on technology. Lots of people these days have an IPod, smart phone, flat screen TVs, Blu-ray players, etc, and not concerned about anything else in the world. The government’s excessive monitoring has made your privacy and rights less secure. You’re being watched without even knowing it, putting your freedom easily up for grabs. Say if you’ve seen a UFO like I did and want to make it public, the people monitoring you know who you are, and will threaten and harass you if you do. Ever hear of the Men in Black? They’re like Agent Smith and his cronies from the Matrix. The last thing I want to talk about is religion. Aside from all the stories, music, and everything, it’s just another thing in society that tells to do what you’re told and what to believe. It tells you "God is this and that" and to attack someone if they don't agree with you. The clash between religious people and non-believers has gone on for decades. Some Atheists/Agnostics say that religious people misinterpret what their religion tells them. That is why most religious people are against homosexuality or psychics and Witchcraft, they fear things they don't understand, and most don't use logic. Religion wants you to believe whatever it tells you, despite the lack of evidence it has. If you don't believe what you're religion tells you, it threatens to have a supposed immortal being attack you. Sounds like something the Nazis would do if you didn't believe them. In conclusion, I'm here because of this viewpoint I just explained. You are free to disagree with it if you wish, but please why in a calm, organized manner.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I originally came here for the paranormal threads. I have had some crazy deep psychic experiences throughout my life and I am always trying to get a better understanding on what ESP and the mind is and how it relates to me, you and everyone else.
So it was more to research and examine not only my experience, but anyone else who has experienced what I have or something similar. It is an open forum so I can throw a thought or experience out there and allow a somewhat public eye to look at it and give me feedback. I have a deep need to understand.

Since then (2004), this site has been much to me like the old unsolved mystery books that would cover weird things like UFOs and bigfoot etc. I loved those kinds of books as a kid, and I see a lot of that here as well.

I am still here now because it still offers me the same things I found when I first got here. I come and go. There are sporadic years on ATS, but I always come back.

To me, this is the best of its kind for a conspiracy site.
I am here because I love ATS

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I came here because i find the topics of ghosts, paranormal, and cryptozoology very entertaining. If i really believed in ghosts (which i'm still waiting to be convinced of), i would be certain that my grandparents house that i grew up in was haunted. I might also believe that i had OBEs a few times as a small child.

That's all.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join