It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins Florida Debate...Before It Even Happens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
First let me say that I'm a big Ron Paul supporter, but I feel like Michele Bachmann actually won the debate. She came off very well and totally punked Rick Perry out! I'd say Perry is pretty much outa of contention thanks to her. They continually try to set RP up with questions that make him look bad .. . but that's ok cause that's what the debates are for (getting to know the candidates) .. . . Anyways IMHO Ron has won the previous debates and is the only candidate that doesn't flip flop his stance on the issues . . . he still gets my vote! VOTE RON PAUL 2012!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Yes...I know I know...the debate hasn't even happened yet.

But we all know that doesn't matter...I'm calling it right now...the internet polls will show Ron Paul won the debate by a HUGE margin.

It doesn't matter what he says, it doesn't matter what points he makes, it doesn't really matter if he talks at all...he doesn't even have to show up...but he will win the internet polls.

I just wanted this out there so after the debate and he is winning the internet polls...we can all see how predictable Ron Paul supporters are.

Predictable how? Have you ever watched a debate with Ron Paul? He makes all of his opponents look like shills and goons. How is it any less "predictable" than any other group of supporters. How "predictable" was it that supporters bused around the nation "giving support" to Obama before he even spoke?

The only thing this shows is how popular Ron Paul is. He has a very active following. No one else currently running can say that about themselves. They can post as many videos or blogs online as they want, but no one is going to watch/read them.

What's more shameful is that a president (our current actually) is spending time and resources on campaigning for himself in the next election already, and has done so in such a way, that it has reflected on all his decisions for the past few years. Plenty of presidents do it, but its certainly more of a problem. How predictable.
edit on 13-9-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Ron Paul has taken the same positions for 35 years. Therefore, there is a 99.9% chance that he's going to continue along the same path. He doesn't flip-flop like the others. If you know what you like and want, and have history to prove to you that what you like and want isn't likely to change on you overnight, than you can easily vote for it before, during, and after it makes an appearance. I'll vote for freedom and liberty any day, all day.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I think it's a rather pathetic argument for people to claim all the online polls are being skewed by Ron Paul fanatics. It's completely laughable. The results are showing how much support this man has behind him. TPTB ghost voters even have trouble keeping up. So they get scared and claim the whole thing is skewed by fanatics. What a load of bull.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I think CNN/TPTB was afraid to put up a poll... I can't find one.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Haha I looked too. That last one was the end of the online polls I guess. It forces them to mention Ron Paul, even if they are just mentioning that his supporters are hitting the online polls hard, they still have mention him and his supporters.. so.. no more polls.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well, I think it's due wholly to the fact that, they want to continue cheerleading about how Perry is the front-runner, when really, he's only the front-runner in terms of what their scripted opinions are.

These online polls put that power into the user's hands, given they can't be easily manipulated, and now they want to take that away, because it's easier to manipulate statistics without those polls in existence. So, get used to listening how 'whoever they want' has won all of the debates and remains the front-runner. It's all just a show.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

I don't know if they can keep Perry up though. I think they will have to switch to Romney soon.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

you cannot lose something you did not get a chance to even participate in. The air time given to Paul is pathetic.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Perry was never meant to beat Romney, Perry was sold a bill of goods to run for the President by Elitest Republicans and Democrats whom hold power at the highest echelons of the US Gov. Thats why Perry is an unprepared idiot on stage. His mission to TPTB is to deflect attention from Paul because without him Mitt Romney and Paul would be the only front runners.

Politics my friend...Dirty.nasty..filthy politics at its best. However Perry did himself in last night...You do not make 2 mistakes in 2 debates like he has and survive any longer in the polls...Sorry it does not work that way.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by buster2010

I just wanted this out there so after the debate and he is winning the internet polls...we can all see how predictable Ron Paul supporters are.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you are a supporter of Ron Paul then shouldn't you be voting for him? It would be stupid to be a Paul supporter and vote for Perry don't you think? Predicting supporters is like predicting the sun will go down.

Sure, I'll correct you.

If you are an honest person...you should watch the debate first before you decide you are going to go vote for Ron Paul winning the debate.

I'm pretty sure in another thread, you posted saying you already had your mind made up that you would vote for obama in this upcoming election. Aren't you contradicting yourself now?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It doesn't matter what he says, it doesn't matter what points he makes, it doesn't really matter if he talks at all...he doesn't even have to show up...but he will win the internet polls.

Oh I couldve swore thats why people supported a person...because of thier ideals.

Its a crazy concept I know, its a stretch from the standard partisanship support/most american/most well groomed/"electable looking" mindset we are all used to.

In my opinion, it seems you and a select few others go out of thier way to troll honest RP supporters with baseless, impied insults.

Clearly, I have taken the bait...oh well.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well I honestly think that if Ron Paul did badly in a debate, he would still win the online poll. This is the problem because most Ron Paul supporters are going to vote for him no matter what. There have actually been polls in the past that had him in them, and the question was like, "Who do you think will win the election for republicans?" And it's like 1/3 of the way in, Ron Paul hasn't won a single state, but there he is in the poll leading with 40%. Stuff like this is just ridiculous and it makes us look ridiculous. It just makes us come across as stubborn and closed minded.

If you notice, Ron Paul has nothing in common with one of his "rabid fans." He doesn't shove his ideas down others throats, he is softspoken and polite. He defends his ideas with rationality and intelligence. He listens to other politicians, (but not lobbyists). He doesn't believe it's an evil conspiracy. He doesn't believe it's a conspiracy to give him no air time, or that Perry was brought in to take away his votes. He's actually getting more air time than Newt and about the same as Cain, and probably more than Santorum. Whatever reasons people feel a need to be all rabid in their support of him, HE simply does not believe any of that and he is very excited for the support he has. Lets face it, there are a lot of us supporting him, we don't have to draw so much attention, we can be humble about our victories the same way he is.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

This thread is about a DEBATE.

I do support Obama...if the election was today I would vote for him over any of the Republicans...I don't hide this fact.

BUT, when Obama is in a debate...I will not declare him the winner BEFORE the debate even happens. In fact, there were a couple times in the debates last election that he completely screwed up and lost that DEBATE.

I have no problem saying the person I support lost a debate...and I think it is dishonest for Ron Paul supporters to try to claim he won this debate when a) he hardly talked and b) he got boo'd the loudest.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
erase.
edit on 14-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This thing went crazy and triple posted me.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Old77

Let me guess then. As soon as Perry drops out, right when we are finally about to get to see Paul and Romney start to debate, Palin falls into the race.

It actually does kinda make me sick. All we can do is hope that Perry gets shut out pre maturely and Palin has to enter prematurely so the charm will be worn off before big votes are being cast. I think she will jump in right before primaries and sweep them up from Paul and never have to say a word in debates.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

So....Which candidates exactly have won any states right now? You mean straw polls? Ha! thats not winning a State.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

If Perry drops out of the race, Bachman will surge back in front of Ron Paul.

Perry supporters aren't likely to switch over to Paul...they will split between Bachmann and Romney.

If Romney drops out of the race...game over...Perry wins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join