It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins Florida Debate...Before It Even Happens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Surprisingly, CNN's webpage is giving Ron a fair shake in the pre-debate write up. An even playing field before the debate......nice.......

May the best man win....RON PAUL .....LOL
there will only be one MAN on the stage...that and a bunch of sock puppets, so yes the best (only) man shall win the debate.

Chuck Norris beard was blessed by Ron Paul...maybe it needs to give back a tiny bit of its power.

or maybe a tear to instantly turn Mr. Paul 30 years old.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
We don't need to watch the debate. We already know what he stands for. 30 years and counting.

And that is exactly what I wanted to expose with this thread.

Voting who won a DEBATE is not the same as voting for who you SUPPORT.

I'm glad to see Ron Paul supporters openly say they aren't honest with their voting.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

score!!! thank you,
yup CNN is carrying it. Not showing on FOX NEWS nor MSNBC atm on my cable guide...somehow i am not surprised.

Ron Paul 2012...
edit on 12-9-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

The poll is being sponsored by CNN...they will be the only one carrying it.

Fox or MSNBC isn't going to give CNN free advertisement...and CNN isn't going to allow them to leech off of their sponsorship/money.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by NightGypsy

Support grows more each day

It does?

Because he is still polling in 3rd or 4th.

Well even according to "realclearpolitics" he's got more support than just last month. ( Even tho the polls at "realclearpolitics" are still including Sarah Palin as a running candidate for some reason.
)

Perry 30
Romney 18
Palin 15
Paul 12
Bachmann 4
Gingrich 5
Cain 5
Santorum 2
Huntsman 2

Up 4 points even from those wacky telephone polls no-one seems to know anything about.

www.realclearpolitics.com...
edit on 12-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
People who support one of the other candidates do the same thing. Why is it such a big deal that Ron Pauls supporters do it but not others?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
We don't need to watch the debate. We already know what he stands for. 30 years and counting.

And that is exactly what I wanted to expose with this thread.

Voting who won a DEBATE is not the same as voting for who you SUPPORT.

I'm glad to see Ron Paul supporters openly say they aren't honest with their voting.

how are they dishonest? are the other candidates supporters illiterate, or perhaps Mr Paul is the "computer literate" crowd. seems disingenuous to say that the polls are not fair as you imply, that his supporters are working against democracy. seems like Mr Pauls supporters are overwhelmingly more focused, computer literate, and mobilized. don't blame low poll numbers on Mr Paul place the blame where it belongs...with weak republican sock puppets.
if Mr Paul couldn't hold his own in a debate, and win, he wouldn't be my candidate of choice. if you cant articulate your position you have no place on that stage.
edit on 12-9-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2011 by CaDreamer because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

so i have been looking and haven't seen a major network carrying the debate...anyone got any leads that i haven't found yet?

At 8PM EST, Republican candidates will square off in Tampa, FL in the first ever CNN Tea Party Debate.

They mean tonite.

www.cnn.com...

Live blog during debate, if anyones interested.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Sorry didn't see any links under the Polls for Ron Paul supporters to swarm section. Oh well just have to wait and see if there is one.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Not that it really matters, but I find a little bit of sentiment in posts like this. There was a time when rabid support for Ron Paul was necessary. This was back in 2007/2008 when people were ashamed to be agreeing with the man. As far as we all knew, supporting him meant being labeled a kook and being put on some FBI list. But we couldn't stand to watch a man with so much integrity and such a great message be mocked. So it was very important that we all show our support without regret and in a sort of rabid fashion. It was simply an answer to the whispered insults and mocking gestures made towards us. We had to yell in return.

Well all that is over now and Ron Paul has had decent time in the media before these debates started. People know who he is. The people in black did not kick our door down. It's not such a big deal now.

From his own mouth you can tell he doesn't ascribe to the 911 conspiracies and he doesn't think people are evil, he thinks they are philosophically misguided but with good intentions. He also does not do anything crazy and is soft spoken and calm.

I think we could take a lesson from the guy we admire. If you truly support him, stop being "rabid" and crazy. It doesn't distinguish you and it takes away from the campaign. Rather be rational, polite, and fair. If there is some poll I probably wont vote in it because it's just crazy for people to keep voting for someone on a poll that is obviously skewed. If we were really smart we'd set it up so Ron Paul won the online poll by 3%, not 30%. At least that way it'd look real.

Ron Paul talks about insecurity and it really shows Ron Paul supporters insecurity, our insecurity, when we go running to the online polls to win with 80%, while Gallup polls have him at 8-10%. How can we be real about this when we rant and rave over online polls? I went door to door in 2008 and I know if I do all that again I'm going to turn people off. People did not want to hear it 4 years ago, they are even less inclined to meet a solicitor at there door now in 2011.

edit to add: the true value of going door to door was meeting other Ron Paul supporters and sympathizers. I didn't convert a single person who disagreed with him, but those who were on the fence and scared to support him came over. It was like 1/100 or close to it. That purpose has been served. Everyone knows if you support Ron Paul now, you are going to be met with open arms, and crazy people who agree with you....

It's just too bad we didn't learn from the man and adjust our own "way of doing things" to not come across so crazily. We might have actually won the elections if people involved would put aside their own need to be revolutionary and unique.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Novise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
so the debate has started and if you go be cheers Bachman will be first then Cain Perry then Paul sounded like a tie for third though...lol

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If these truly were debates, they would pick say 5-10 specific questions on issues importance to the general public, and then allow each and every candidate the opportunity to respond, and then give them say 5 minutes to elaborate on so we could get a real idea of their stances on the issues. If there were rebuttals, then another 2-5 minutes for the same. They should plan the time to allow for this over something as important as the election of our Presidency.

It would also be nice to add one question from each candidate to be asked in general and not directed at anyone in particular.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
oh snap romney is going for the throat with perry wow!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

so the debate has started and if you go be cheers Bachman will be first then Cain Perry then Paul sounded like a tie for third though...lol

I kind of thought Cain got the most applause...but it was close between him and Bachman.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I kind of thought Cain got the most applause...but it was close between him and Bachman.

i dont know i was listening to it in dolby surround and pretty loud, it was a close call with Bachman and Cain but she barely squeaked by with sheer volume.

good debate so far.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecanthandlethetruth
If these truly were debates, they would pick say 5-10 specific questions on issues importance to the general public, and then allow each and every candidate the opportunity to respond, and then give them say 5 minutes to elaborate on so we could get a real idea of their stances on the issues. If there were rebuttals, then another 2-5 minutes for the same. They should plan the time to allow for this over something as important as the election of our Presidency.

It would also be nice to add one question from each candidate to be asked in general and not directed at anyone in particular.

thats 40 minutes per question...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecanthandlethetruth

thats 40 minutes per question...

Those were approximations, and so what? As I said for something as important as the CEO of our country it should be standard protocol.

Apparently as long as you hear from the candidates you want to it's a good debate, huh?
Why no questions to Paul on the Economy etc?
edit on 12-9-2011 by wecanthandlethetruth because: addition to domment

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Isn't your whole thread kind of negated by the fact that he is in the debate and has proven himself to be a highly intelligent idealist with avid supporters so you likely will be right.. but you will be right for a reason. Also the fact that he has won online would suggest another win.. you aren't making some marvelous statement.

Is this supposed to be some kind of prediction in your mind or can you concede that this thread is pointless?
edit on 12-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

. . .
But we all know that doesn't matter...I'm calling it right now...the internet polls will show Ron Paul won the debate by a HUGE margin.

I wonder why.

It doesn't matter what he says, it doesn't matter what points he makes, it doesn't really matter if he talks at all...he doesn't even have to show up...but he will win the internet polls.

. . .

Actually, it DOES matter what he says. The point you seem to miss is that he is not wishy-washy like every other candidate. He chooses his words wisely, and he stands for what he believes in, and does not waver.

That is why he does not even have to show up to win. We all know his stance on the issues, and they have not changed . . .

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

It depends on YOUR criteria for winning a debate.
So no, Ron Paul supporters admit no such thing. In their minds what makes a person a debate winner is clear, honest answers that make sense. In the MSM and other peoples minds it's whose answer seems most "presidential" which is ridiculous. This isn't a movie, yet they want it to feel like it, and whoever carries that air about themselves is deemed the winner by morons.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
While I don't usually "do politics", I have to say that when asked what would she bring new to the White House if she were to win, Michelle Bachman said she would bring "A copy of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and that's all" ....Um ... can anyone tell me where the Bill of Rights are?
Oh that's right, it's a part of of the Constitution.... the 10 amendments.

Shouldn't a Presidential candidate who speaks so highly of "living by the Constitution" at least know that much?
All the Internet polls I've seen so far (admittedly only three) show Paul with at least %42 of the "votes". I kinda like Herman Cain to an extent, but that could just be because I don't feel the need to shower after merely viewing them, as I do the rest of the "cast". Paul's biggest strike (that I know of) is that he's a career politician, but there's so many others that it doesn't really hurt him. The Blaze has a post and they wrote

If you put one of those animal sound games up on stage, Ron Paul wouldn’t be missed. We know his pitch: Ask him about any program or institution created or overseen by the government and he’s for ending it

But that's the Blaze, and the folks there seem to be a fairly closed-minded, hateful group people.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I love the Paul but I'm voting for Snoopy!

Snoopy's debating right?

Third line?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join