It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Anti-Religion Billboards Purchased

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by SeleneLux

Then you are a spiritualist with agnostic belief! Awesome! We are all part of the Godhead. We are all one. We just need to awaken.

I am glad you have acknowledged your soul.

I do not live/think/perceive from your perspective rules or your belief or what you think is right in your mind.

I am not a spiritualist or agnostic - - been there - - done that.

Can the "Awesome!" You're only patting your self on the back by trying to stick someone in your limited "box" of understanding.

I have not acknowledged a soul. You are interpreting from your own belief.

edit on 13-9-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

No I was trying to reach out as a human and say awesome? I was not trying to interpret your belief as mine.

I was trying to find common ground, the Internet is terrible for trying to do this it is full of miscommunication.

This is just bad energy. I am not engaging in this energy anymore.

Is it ok to state I hope you find peace of mind?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
Why is this controversial? I see pro-religion stuff all over the place and there's no controversy over that.

Because Christians think they run this country.

I know some don't think Atheists should make a "statement" or show themselves in any organized way.

With the likes of our previous president (and his crusade) - - - with Bachmann - Perry - and the rest of the extreme right Christians in politics - - - I support it is not only the right timing - - but very necessary for Atheists to show more force and visibility.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

No I was trying to reach out as a human and say awesome? I was not trying to interpret your belief as mine.

I was trying to find common ground, the Internet is terrible for trying to do this it is full of miscommunication.

This is just bad energy. I am not engaging in this energy anymore.

Is it ok to state I hope you find peace of mind?

Then you need more practice and are not as advanced as you seem to think you are.

You had expectations and your "offers" were condescending.

Such as: "Is it ok to state I hope you find peace of mind?" Your assumption that I do not have peace of mind is condescending.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

WOW!

I hope I find peace of mind too!! This world is insane and it is hard to find this.

I hope in this crazy world you are able to keep the peace of ind you have found.

Peace and love to you.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

How did I talk down to you or anyone else? It is not someones fault if they do not have the capacity to feel spirit.

Why do you assume that I don't have the capacity to "feel spirit"? If you knew ANYTHING about me, you would know that I am a very spiritual person. I believe there is MUCH more than the physical world.

Listen to this...

THEN you can talk about my capacity to "feel spirit".

If you lead a spiritual life then you are agnostic not atheist.

You are wrong. Atheist means one lacks a belief in a deity. That's it.

I do try and help others to discover truth.

So, you still didn't answer the question, but it's only because your assumptions and confusion about the meaning of the word atheist. I have discovered my truth. You can keep yours.

edit on 9/13/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I have discovered my truth. You can keep yours.

I am glad you did discover your truth.

I wish I never engaged in this discussion, I am not very good at getting my point across through the keyboard.

I just feel that something in the world is trying to derail mankind's ability to be a spiritual being and wants us to think like meat computers. I am sorry if it was directed wrongly, I am sure you have wonderful beliefs.

Peace, love and empathy

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I am sure you have wonderful beliefs.

My point is - If you listened to the link in my last post, it will tell you a lot about who I am and you would KNOW my beliefs - instead of making incorrect assumptions about them.

I'm glad to have engaged in this discussion. There's always something to learn from others. Especially those with whom we disagree.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Removed post.

TMI

Peace
edit on 13-9-2011 by SeleneLux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

WOW!

I hope I find peace of mind too!! This world is insane and it is hard to find this.

I hope in this crazy world you are able to keep the peace of ind you have found.

Peace and love to you.

The peace is in integrity and energy eternal - - the non physical. From a science perspective - not a religious one.

I don't think you are "off the mark" - - - but you need to work on your approach. Perhaps you are new to spiritual type beliefs and ENTHUSIASTIC.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The peace is in integrity and energy eternal - - the non physical. From a science perspective - not a religious one. I don't think you are "off the mark" - - - but you need to work on your approach. Perhaps you are new to spiritual type beliefs and ENTHUSIASTIC.
reply to post by Annee

apparently you havent worked on the "ego" part of that.............its funny how people bash religion because of their views.......and how they hate how the religions think they are the only way .......

And then go on to tell everyone else how stupid they are because they dont share their own.....

Hypocrisy much?

Perhaps the above poster doesnt need YOUR approach to be happy in what theyve found

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
As a christian, this does not offend me. Free speech, right? Ok, next.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SeleneLux

Actually I'm much happier and appreciate the universe much more, knowing that I'm not compelled to feel guilty for every little thing I do. To know that everything is entirely unique and a product of the nature, that life emerged through evolution and natural selection is much more beautiful, poetic and complex than anything the Bible or any other religious scriptures even come close to. Spirituality is not relegated solely to those who believe in the supernatural.

Billboards like these are meant to inform people that they don't need iron age myths and fears to live a comfortable and happy life.
edit on 17-9-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The atheist message IS 100% CORRECT. You do not need some alleged character that folks call 'god' to have emotional feelings.

BUT, this alleged character called 'god' sure brings out many NEGATIVE emotions and actions in people now and throughout history...

I'd rather be around atheists any day rather than deluded religious nut jobs who believe in all kinds of extreme and potentially DANGEROUS nonsense from a fairy tale book written and edited by corrupt authorities back in the days of old to CONTROL the masses.

I cant believe that in the year 2011 that folks STILL buy into any of the religions. Unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ffman

Originally posted by Domo1
I am beginning to find atheists far more irritating than fundamentalist religious types. I really think that money could have gone to a better cause. This won't sway anyone's opinion anyway.

Agreed.

I'm sure if a Christian group was to put a "pro-God" billboard, atheist groups would be in an uproar. Yet, they see no problem with these billboards of theirs.

A bit of a double-standard, if you ask me. I'm a Christian, but not an "evangelical" Christian.
They don't need to put up a pro-god billboard, they already advertise God on our money, in our pledge, and in political speeches, plus the fact that Christians are the majority in this country.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

The peace is in integrity and energy eternal - - the non physical. From a science perspective - not a religious one. I don't think you are "off the mark" - - - but you need to work on your approach. Perhaps you are new to spiritual type beliefs and ENTHUSIASTIC.
reply to post by Annee

apparently you havent worked on the "ego" part of that.............its funny how people bash religion because of their views.......and how they hate how the religions think they are the only way .......

And then go on to tell everyone else how stupid they are because they dont share their own.....

Did I tell everyone they are stupid because they don't - - whatever you said?

Ego? Insecure people do interpret straight forward statements that way.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join