It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things The Film Industry Doesn't Want You To Know

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Had a fun chat with a mate about this kind of thing tonight - and we discussed also how the media, especially Hollywood - use us to our advantage at such early stages. Take for example that "Social Network" movie. A story about how Facebook made it big. That film was made about 4 years or so after that incident occurred, after FB and its founders became big names, rich, etc etc. In 10 years there will probably be another version. In 20 years, 2 remakes. Like The Thing - no-one asked for a remake of that, they just went ahead under their greed motives and made it. Same can be said about several recent re-makes. I've asked for some remakes myself - but by original directors, cast etc, not just CGI tripe to generate a new, younger audience. They will constantly keep cashing in on you and I. It's not necessarily bad to make you and me go to the cinema, but why do they invest in such cash cow-y crap when they could just fund far more new and exciting ideas. Directors will, hopefully, see the power of free media - and become successful at the media's expense and not the public's.
edit on 13-9-2011 by markymint because: More opinion

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

How is it not false advertisement? The movie starts with the statement, "THIS IS A TRUE STORY." All in caps, just like I typed it. It said the same thing on the dvd case. Of course I know it's not going to be purely accurate down to the last detail; it's portrayed by actors! But if it's a work of fiction, don't present it as a true story, that is a lie. And if they can lie to get your money, then maybe you're right....maybe it's not false advertising, it's straight-up theft!

<< 1   >>

join