It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one notice a bright blue star?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

They weren't crying "wolf" just asking if anyone saw it too or knew what it was. That is a fair thread.

I suppose your thread about "Joplin and Rapture" in Rants that had no flags BTW, was of WAY more significance, quality and importance than this one.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
well anyway, i hope tonight is clear. cant wait to check i wonder if cell camera can get a good shot of it iff its still out...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Spieluhr

Jupiter is very bright right now and should be rising around 10pm. If you saw it around midnight it is more likely it was Jupiter than Venus.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I have seen it too!!! I noticed it specifically because it rises across my bedroom window! I thought it was an aircraft of some sort, because it was so bright! After about 20 minutes of waiting for it to fly away or dim, I realized it must be a very bright star. I have seen it for a few nights now....definitely sticks out from the other stars because of its brightness
I pulled out my star chart and tried to line it up, but it was a bit off...Altho I am not claiming to be very star savvy!
There were a couple of possibilities.
I will see if I can see it again tonight!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
www.stellarium.org...

Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.
It is being used in planetarium projectors. Just set your coordinates and go.

It’s free and pretty easy to use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join