It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Polite Thing To Do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Greetings!

There's a lot to be said for people who join forums. Even more for those who join ones of this nature. By the time we come to persons who read new-member intro's, we're very near the bottom of the food-chain. So if you're reading this, go get yourself a life. Please.

I am no stranger to discussion groups and have plenty of seared and missing gluteal tissue to prove it. The moniker Inverted Ostrich emerged because I prefer to think of myself as not having my head in the sand. Now that we understand I am delusional, I will further admit to being paranoid... Yes, there is a conspiracy. Yes, Big Brother is watching us. He's all over this board and may even be the handler of our gracious host(s). Always remember, we don't know what we don't know.

I've browsed ATS periodically for years to satisfy personal whims. For anyone interested in truth, you can occasionally find it here. What one does well to recognize is that truth comes in at least two flavors. The first is that which simply satisfies the craving for an explanation of things that differs from whatever is commonly presented. The second is of the bedrock, absolute variety. Very few, even in a place like this, have the stomach for that. But if you should ever develop the appetite, here are some suggestions:

1. Try to recognize misdirection and shift your mind's eye the opposite direction. In other words, even here, don't automatically follow the crowd.
2. Think simultaneously about matters both in simpler and more complex terms than what you are presented with.
3. Never rush to conclusions. And by all means, post sparingly with fear and trepidation, recalling "fools rush in where angels fear to tread." Words are powerful, and we are wisest to assume time is short. If naught else, your readers have less of it than you (and generally care less about what you have to say to boot).

That should be about enough idle verbiage for an intro. As an activity, it is tedious and tiresome to me. But it really is the polite thing to do. At present I don't anticipate writing many posts. [There IS a God, and you ought thank Him now.] I bit the bullet and signed-up today to submit a fairly specific query. If you're a bored, morbid sicko, it should show up later, probably over in the Chemtrails aisle.

I/O

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by InvertedOstrich

Hi InvertedOstrich, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
indeed! it seems alot of people here trip over one another to catch the band wagon.but with a good eye,you can pluck the gems from the dirt! your intro was refreshing!
thanx,i'm not alone!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

There's a lot to be said for people who join forums. Even more for those who join ones of this nature. By the time we come to persons who read new-member intro's, we're very near the bottom of the food-chain. So if you're reading this, go get yourself a life. Please.

The pseudo intellectual types such as your self..who think they can judge with such 'clarity" who the bottom of the food chain is..are a dime a dozen..on boards like this...and as much as they try to impress with their hard edged opinions..and self importance.... they only come across as intellectual snobs....who obviously have a high opinion of themselves...and take it upon themselves to teach the rest of us bottom feeders...how we should think.

Thanks for reaching out to the bottom of the food chain letting us know straight up which category you fall into.

edit on 12-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hi.....welcome to ATS....I am welcoming you...because....it is the polite thing to do! (lol)

A quote from you.."By the time we come to person who read new members intro's, we're very near the bottom of the food chain. So if you're reading this, go get yourself a life."

We all have lives on here. Also...quite often I welcome people because I care.

So...you think people that read your introduction are the bottom of the food chain......

Well...you are the one who wrote the introduction...so what does that make you?

I'm just saying.

top topics

join