It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travelers Footprints Found (interesting arguement)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The probability of time travel existing is high, and once time travel is achieved then it exists throughout time.

Knowing that traveling through time is possible and that the universe is already billions of years old, it’s conceivable that some other civilization has already manipulated time and perhaps even found ways to travel though it. It’s even quite possible that humans someday create ways to travel backwards and forwards in time. If that’s true, then time travel already exists

Inconvenient artifacts
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/508cfd352553.jpg[/atsimg]
2.8 billion year old machined sphere

Impossible artifacts litter many of the abandoned, forgotten basements of the world’s greatest natural history museums. In the dim, dusty corners—stuck away with the other embarrassments of archaelogy—lie some of the keys to the greatest mysteries of Mankind. Strange and unlikely artifacts found, studied and discarded are more common than most people know. Thousands of things have been discovered that argue against the natural order that scientists have deemed as the official record of the rise of humanity.

Lost super-civilizations, ancient astronauts…or time travelers?

What is one to make of a machined screw found embedded in a lump of coal estimated to be 60 million years old? How did the screw get there? Who dropped it in a swamp bed that became a coal bed tens of millions of years later?

There can only be three possible answers:

Non-humans visiting the planet accidentally dropped it, or, The science of the history and origins of Mankind is completely wrong and the human race existed many tens or hundreds of millions of years ago and had very advanced societies that all collapsed into barbarism, or, Time travelers from the future surveying the prehistoric past accidentally lost a screw. Sixty million years later coal miners discovered it.

Source: www.illuminol.net...

Now, this article actually makes sense to me. Especially with all the things I have learned or discovered since finding ATS.

To me, Time Travel would be the most likely aspect of these finds that we have that can't be explained. I really think it is more along the lines of current beliefs and science have our history wrong, incomplete or just don't possess the evidence to show that the human race has been on this planet a LONG LONG TIME>

What do you think? Have any pics or things that can't be explained except other than a possible time traveler event?

Found this info, which I find truly amazing... if true:
Manmade artefacts in coal

A small steel cube was found in a block of coal in Austria in 1885. A few years later, in 1891, a woman in Illinois reportedly discovered a gold chain in a chunk of coal. An iron pot was found in coal in Oklahoma in 1912. A woman found a child's spoon in coal in 1937. In 1944 a bell was discovered (shown below) inside a lump of coal that was mined in West Virginia. What are such objects doing inside coal dated as hundreds of millions of years old?

Source: hallofthegods.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6a5bc6b5a4b.jpg[/atsimg]

The scientific journals Nature (London,1886) and L'Astronomie (Paris,1887) published confirmation that in 1886, in the foundry of the Austrian Isador Braun of Vocklabruck, a block of coal dating from the Tertiary period was broken open. A small metal cube was discovered inside. Tests indicated that the cube was composed of a steel-nickel alloy. It measured 2.64 by 2.64 by 1.85 inches, weighed 1.73 pounds, and had a specific gravity of 7.75. The edges of this ancient cube were perfectly straight and sharp; four of its sides were flat, while the two remaining opposite sides were convex. A deep groove had been cut all the way around the cube. It appeared that the cube had been machine made and was part of a larger mechanism.

It was perhaps with uncanny insight that historian Will Durant wrote, "Immense volumes have been written to expound our knowledge, and conceal our ignorance, of primitive man...primitive cultures were not necessarily the ancestors of our own; for all we know they may be the degenerate remnants of higher cultures..."

Source: s8int.com... (if you want Out of Place Artifacts and the alike.... check out this site)

NOTE: Sorry about the blank post. Drop something on the dam keyboard an sent it. It's Monday and I have been off for a week... ugh.

edit on 9/12/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
asked, answered and explained.

edit on 12-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Time doesn't exist, clocks exist.
Time as we know it is more like a perspective of this frequency and sound vibration. Anything vibrating faster than we are would have a different perspective of "time".

What we still don't know about ourselves and the Universe, could fill almost the entire Universe.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Sorry about the blank post. Drop something on the dam keyboard an sent it. It's Monday and I have been off for a week... ugh.

You get one Star and one Flag for performing valiantly in the face of Monday.

Those things have always bugged the crap out of me. I'm very interested in what members here at ATS can make of them. I never could come up with a reasonable [Even outside the box] explanation.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You know, you make a very interesting point. Let me chew on that for a bit......

Hmmm. Time doesn't exist-except in our realm of thought.... (as far as we know). So, if a dog... were to be sent back in time... and it doesn't understand our concept of time... therefore he couldn't actually "time travel". Am I on track?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I love these things. I read a book a few years back that talk about all the anomilies throughout history, fantastic read i must say.

Earths Forbidden History

Highly recommend it. As you may discover after, banana's are very, very interesting,lol.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The biggest problem with the time traveler artifacts is that sometimes they look like other things. Like the balls with the lines on them. Some kind of ball-like thing could sit in water half way up and erode or get eaten by sea critters in lines. They could also have been worn down into grooves by people using them as bolo balls to hunt game. Footprints? Some kind of animal footprint that flattens out or fills with mud a certain way.

I would love to see some good evidence of time travelers, although if they really wanted to keep their activities a secret they could always go back until they get the evidence they left behind. I think that accounts of sightings of "angels" at places like Jesus's tomb sound a lot more like time-traveling humans than aliens.

The Earth buries its past pretty deep, though.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Out of Place artifacts are not indicative of Time Travel but of Antediluvia - man made dating methods are "subject to error due to heat and leaching" (Smithsonian circa 1996) and are incorrect by billions of years.

exnihilocreation.blogspot.com...

Proof of this is in the greatest Out of Place Artifact in the world - Polonium 218 Radio Halos

theoferrum.activeboard.com...
edit on Mon Sep 12 2011 by Jbird because: removed large quote

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Adding few personal considerations -
Time travelers from future Earth to present/past Earth will most probably need a spacecraft too, - since Earth is not sitting in the same place all the time but flying through space at enormous speeds.
Time travelers from future Earth will not look like us due to technology "advancement",but probably will still be very similar.
Time travelers from future Earth will not be interested in any form of officially recognized contact since it does not benefit them in any way.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

You're just affixing the word time travel to the situation. From our perspective, we see it and label it as "Time Travel". The dog would have "Time Travelled", but what the previous poster is saying is that "Time" is a human invention. Think of it as a world without clocks and seconds/minutes/hours. We are just here. Now, before, and later.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Adding few personal considerations -
Time travelers from future Earth to present/past Earth will most probably need a spacecraft too, - since Earth is not sitting in the same place all the time but flying through space at enormous speeds.
Time travelers from future Earth will not look like us due to technology "advancement",but probably will still be very similar.
Time travelers from future Earth will not be interested in any form of officially recognized contact since it does not benefit them in any way.

You're assuming these future time travellers move through space and time, rather than move the space and time around them. If they moved it around them, they wouldn't need a "spacecraft".

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I see this as a new beginning. One, because we don't really know how old civilizations really are. Two, we don't think in terms that we use to (timelines), and three, What would happen if civilization was older then we thought? Wouldn't that be amazing to think that we are just scratching the surface, and that what was here long ago disipared back under the tectonic plates.
Humans can be so stupid sometimes

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You know, you make a very interesting point. Let me chew on that for a bit......

Hmmm. Time doesn't exist-except in our realm of thought.... (as far as we know). So, if a dog... were to be sent back in time... and it doesn't understand our concept of time... therefore he couldn't actually "time travel". Am I on track?

Well not entirely, whether the dog is aware of time or not, it still passes as the dog ages, which is basically just a break down of cells when they replicate, each daughter cell is not quite as healthy as it's parent cell, and as degradation goes on, we "appear" to age. If it wasn't for that cellular activity, would we even think of time the way we do?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I love this topic...but of course I have to disagree on one point

Lost super-civilizations, ancient astronauts…or time travelers?
There can only be three possible answers

I would say there could be two other possible answers.

One would be a hoax.

And the other is the incomplete understanding of the geological process and carbon dating of materials. I think the biggest mistake is for us to think in absolutes...and to think we have completely nailed the dating process or understand the complete geological process IMO is flawed.

Now what I would like someone to find is something that we have NO idea what it is...only to later realize in 10-20 years that it is something that we hadn't even invented yet when the find was made. Now that would point to something very odd going on.

But when we find a screw, or a ball bearing, or something that already exists in the world when the discovery is made...then to me that could mean that it could just be a mix up.

Good thread though...I like the topic.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If time travelers of the future came back and did leave something behind, that we then found today, wouldn`t that then change there intire timeline, which would then cause them not to exist in the first place.

That then causes another paradox in itself, unless you believe in the omega point which in that case it could be possible inside vurtial universes.

I think that vurtial universes / the omega point are food for thought for anyone interested in this topic check it out.

ps forgive my spelling :p
edit on 12-9-2011 by CharterZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I honestly don't think time travel is possible, because if we concede that it ever becomes possible then we must also concede that it has already happened because surely people would be traveling into our current time and into our past. Certainly if the technology was ever developed then there must also come a time after when the technology becomes commonplace (for example, only the elite had access to computers in the 60's but now almost all of us carry one in our pocket), and average people would also be using it. If so, then they would not feel obliged to honor a "prime directive" of avoiding contact like scientists might, and there would be records of them in our history. Since there isn't then the conclusion is that the technology is never developed. Perhaps it's not possible, or perhaps humanity wipes itself out before developing it, or maybe something happens to return humanity to a more agrarian society in which technology is abandoned. But the bottom line is that the evidence does not support it ever happening now or in the future.

edit on 12-9-2011 by SavedOne because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Okay but what about... things like:

The Antikythera mechanism

as it is now known, was originally housed in a wooden box about the size of a shoebox, with dials on the outside and a complex assembly of bronze gear wheels within. X-ray photographs of the fragments, in which around 30 separate gears can be distinguished, led the late Derek Price, a science historian at Yale University, to conclude that the device was an astronomical computer capable of predicting the positions of the sun and moon in the zodiac on any given date. A new analysis, though, suggests that the device was cleverer than Price thought, and reinforces the evidence for his theory of an ancient Greek tradition of complex mechanical technology.

Found:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bcc4076a5f6.jpg[/atsimg]
Theories:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52ec9a51ac31.jpg[/atsimg]
Reconstructed: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ba0b86a3f74.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
For the footprints in granite, my question would be: What were 'time travelers' shoes made of?

Granite is an igneous rock. If it has a human footprint in it, it was either made by a human when the magma that formed the granite was still molten..... or it was carved into the granite by a hoaxer, IMO.

Granite-Wikipedia

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I'm not discounting "Time Travel" but as many here know I believe in a lost possible past. Those could be the very relics that the stricter Academics who dismiss the notion of a lost advanced civilization/culture by claiming lack of physical proof are looking for.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Great links for this. I always see folks in chat rooms and forums talking about proof of technology from antiquity, but it's unusual to actuall see pictures of the items themselves. How interesting. The footprint seems just this side of impossible to explain as something other than what it appears unless deliberately hoaxed somehow?

Time Travel seems a simple enough proposition, even if we have absolutely no clue how to do it right now. The fact remains though....If time travel is ever possible, at any point in the millions or billions of years in our distant future then not only has it happened, but continues to happen. It has almost certainly occurred during our time period. There is sure enough for historical turning points and questions of just the last 10 years, let alone further back. If it's possible, they've definitely been here or are here now. It's just a shame they could never, EVER tell anyone or change a thing that they hadn't carefully planned and intended to change.

S/F on bringing on the thread. The footprint alone gives a real world thing to point at now for endless debates in the future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join