It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Boots on the Ground in Libya, Pentagon Confirms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

While the article states that its only a few EOD's and they are working under the direction of the US Department of State, could this be the proverbial camel's noes?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-9-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

Sometimes a Camel's nose is just a Camel's nose....I for one will keep in touch with this one

I'm thinking maybe these rebels dont stop there in Libya....Greece is in bad shape and Crete has Natural Gas Lots of Natural Gas. Turkey thinks now Crete belongs to them...It is my opinion that Turkey will suck in these Rebel Bedouins and there is WWIII...could be these 4 guys are military Intel looking at whether or not the rebels are happy where they are or Bedouin in nature
edit on 12-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: just when you think spelling is good grammar raises its head

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Mikey: Turkey has it's own problems with the Kurds and now the Israelis without starting crap with Greece and (essentially) the entire EU.

What worries me about the "boots in Lybia" is what if these 4 guys come under attack?
Well, they'll need backup, more boots... and if it intensifies they'll need more... and more to back them up... isn't this how Vietnam started?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konstantinos
Mikey: Turkey has it's own problems with the Kurds and now the Israelis without starting crap with Greece and (essentially) the entire EU.

What worries me about the "boots in Lybia" is what if these 4 guys come under attack?
Well, they'll need backup, more boots... and if it intensifies they'll need more... and more to back them up... isn't this how Vietnam started?

Nonsense! Vietnam started because of the French. . . oh wait.
Dang.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Well told you so i saw this coming a mile away, America wants re open its military bases in libya, i dont think this going to end well, but since the way the libyan rebels who are larger qatar forces, and hav been kissing the american flag

edit on 12-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by SirMike

Well told you so i saw this coming a mile away, America wants re open its military bases in libya, i dont think this going to end well, but since the way the libyan rebels who are larger qatar forces, and hav been kissing the american flag

edit on 12-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

4 US soldiers go to US soil. Embassy grounds are US territory so we could pack em in shoulder to shoulder by the thousands and you still couldn't say US boots are on the ground in Libya.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Nonsense! Vietnam started because of the French. . . oh wait.
Dang.

Not Dang but Da Nang but that wouldn't be right either.

Try Dien Bien Phu

Anyway, no matter, none of that is really topic related no how...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
4 troops

I'm listening to Fox News right now...you would think there was a full scale invasion the way they are talking about it.

Actually...reading this thread you would think there was a full scale invasion going on.

4 troops people...to secure and re-build the embassy... :shk:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There's more than 4. And they ain't just around and inside of what use to be the US Embassy. That's why they are called "Special" Ops. We just won't get confirmation until after the fact or right before something goes down before the media gets a hold of it, so people won't get all in a tizzy. And some will claim "plausible deniablity". Others will say, "We had to. We had legitimate intel and had to protect the citizens and/or to secure our interests." Whatever the reasoning, it will all come out in the wash.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Am I the only one who's disgusted every time the military is used to "secure our interests"?
Am I the only one who actually hears "They're there because we want to make money, and we don't give a rat's a$$ about the native people there"

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
4 troops sent to help with the embassy, is hardly an occupation or invasion.

4 troops.... 4. count them 4 people.

Does this bother me? Not at all.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Many of us here at ATS knew this was the case long before the news confirmed it.

And only 4? I highly doubt it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The U.S. embassy anywhere in the world is still a U.S. soil so it's legal to send troops there to see what happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join