It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNSUNG PIONEER: Before Budd Hopkins; there was Berthold E. Schwarz, M.D.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
As much as Budd Hopkins did for abduction victims (...whether these people actually were abducted or not being irrelevant- as regards getting help for sufferers of percieved trauma), he was not a man of science. (R.I.P., Budd)

His heart was in the right place; most agree...and his art was world-class ( check some out HERE)

That being said, Berthold E. Schwarz, M.D., in Medical Times, Oct. 1968 presented four examples of allegedly close contact with UFOs, and the psychological effects thereof.

He has no Wiki page (sad and/or suspicious), and was linked to mind control experiments; even into his last years of life. SOURCE

An obscure District of Columbia corporation called Mankind Research Unlimited (MRU) and its wholly owned subsidiary, Systems Consultants Inc. (SCI), operated a number of classified intelligence, government and Pentagon contracts, specializing in, amongst other things: "problem solving in the areas of intelligence electronic warfare, sensor technology and applications." MRU's "capability and experience" is divided into four fields. These include "biophysics - Biological Effects of Magnetic Fields," "Research in Magneto-fluid Dynamics," "Planetary Electro-Hydro-Dynamics" and "Geo-pathic Efforts on Living Organisms." The latter focuses on the induction of illness by altering the magnetic nature of the geography. Also under research were "Biocybernetics, Psychodynamic Experiments in Telepathy," "Errors in Human Perception," "Biologically Generated Fields," "Metapsychiatry and the Ultraconscious Mind" (believed to refer to experiments in telepathic mind control), "Behavioural Neuropsychiatry," "Analysis and Measurement of Human Subjective States" and "Human Unconscious Behavioural Patterns." Employing some old OSS, CIA and military intelligence officers, the company also engages the services of prominent physicians and psychologists including E. Stanton Maxey, Stanley R. Dean, Berthold Eric Schwarz plus many more. MRU lists in its Company Capabilities "brain and mind control." (15) Despite vehement claims by MRU's chairman that it is not a "front organization for any branch of the United States Government..." (16) one must treat these claims with a great deal of skepticism.

Bibliography (...and not a good one, mind you) from same SOURCE

Dr. Berthold Schwarz (Psychiatry), of Vero Beach, Florida, is a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, among many others. He has contributed over 100 articles to professional journals and has published over a dozen books, including, along with UFO DYNAMICS, Parent-Child Telepathy, Parent Child Tensions, The Jacques Romano Story, Psychic-Nexus, The Psychic Nexus, You CAN Raise Decent Children, and others, Physiological Aspects of Henry Gross's Dowsing; in Parapsychology, Vol. IV, No. 2, 1962-1963. Can Telepathy Cause Illness?, (ar) Fate May 1969. Psychic-Nexus ; Psychic Phenomena in Psychiatry and Everyday Life, 1980, 964, 30/9/2542, Parent-Child Telepathy: Five Hundred and Five Possible Episodes in a Family; A Study of the Telepathy of Everyday Life (1971)...

He studied the UFO phenomenon from numerous angles; and was an early 'watch-out-for-leading-questions-during-hypnosis' warning-hurler. (...and if that wasn't enough hyphens for ya...oh-well!)

No matter how strange the phenomena investigated- he brought real science to bear. He also helped many early abductees (such as Betty Hill) with the horrible emotional impact of their encounters.

He passed away on Sept. 16th of last year, and; as the one year anniversary rolls around, I thought he should get a bit more recognition...especially if he helped to create a mind-control program!!!

Please share this thread if you find Dr. Schwarz intriguing!!!
Interview ca. 2000's
Dr. Schwarz's Obituary

Rest In Peace, Bert!

edit on 9/12/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: punctuation issues

edit on 9/12/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: spelling

edit on 9/12/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: spelling...again!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

Oh wow, never heard of him before, and neither had I heard of "Katie" and "Stella Lansing", thank you very much.
Very interesting interview.
Have you read any of his books and can you recommend them?
What the heck, I think I have to read one to make up my own mind anyway.
Thanks again

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

I highly recommend 'UFO Dynamics' (Book I & II), I can't find a pdf, and I don't know if they're out-of-print.

Fanx for the consideration, Moit!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I will give this a shameless bump to see if it generates more interest today.
I thought it's really interesting, sorry mods.

new topics

top topics

join