It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's latest ad: "pretty boy vs. pretty boy". Its a zinger, check it out!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So he doesn't lie all the time. That makes me feel so much better. Allow me to change my mind and throw full trust into someone who may pat me on the back or sink a blade into it.

At least Ron Paul is consistent. I did say Ron Paul can try didn't I? Anyone wanting to put a hold on the Federal Reserve will always have my vote. Anyone who perpetuates the bond with them is the shill, Obama's no different than the last presidency.

edit on 12-9-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Real world? every real (as least I thought they were real) person I come across and talk to about Ron Paul NEVER brought up racism, they wanted clarity on his other positions but never ever have I heard anybody outside of ATS trolls bring up racism (which often runs parallel to some twisted fantasy of him being an illuminati, free mason puppet for the TPTB).

Ron Paul has refuted the racism accusations, you call him an extremist fool and a kooky old man but an innocent man doesn't have to repeatedly prove his innocence, when he is confronted with it, the truth will be on his side.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

So he doesn't lie all the time. That makes me feel so much better. Allow me to change my mind and throw full trust into someone who may pat me on the back or sink a blade into it.

At least Ron Paul is consistent. I did say Ron Paul can try didn't I? Anyone wanting to put a hold on the Federal Reserve will always have my vote. Anyone who perpetuates the bond with them is the shill, Obama's no different than the last presidency.

IF Ron Paul got elected...his "promises broken" would be above 50% because he couldn't get anything done.

Does that mean he is lying??? No...it means he can't get things done.

Same with Obama...but at least he IS getting the things he promised done. That was the point of your post...that Obama has broken a lot of his campaign promises...and that is simply not true.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Well if everyone YOU talk to agrees...I guess that makes it true

You can deny the public perception of Ron Paul all you want...it won't help him win any election.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Who thinks Ron Paul is a racist? what public perception? Not even pundits talk about it (maybe except for O'Reilly, normal people don't watch him anyway).

How about you bring up another precious scientific poll to show how there is a public perception that Ron Paul is or is associated with racists. I'd love to see this one.

There isn't a campaign to disprove his innocence simply because there is no reason to, maybe one day if Obama will attack him on it will he need to defend himself. But according to you, it is childish and undignified to do attack ads like that, especially when they're not true. So is Obama dignified or isn't he?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

IF Ron Paul got elected...his "promises broken" would be above 50% because he couldn't get anything done. Does that mean he is lying??? No...it means he can't get things done. Same with Obama...but at least he IS getting the things he promised done. That was the point of your post...that Obama has broken a lot of his campaign promises...and that is simply not true.

Enough said.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I think Ron Paul is a bit of a racist...it's either that or he is dumber than I thought. I'm basing this on him wanting to remove laws that prevent discrimination.

Or, you can just google "Ron Paul Racist" or "Ron Paul White Supremacist" and look at the page after page of results.

I don't know how many people think it...I doubt a poll was ever done on it...but the perception is out there. And it is something that will be used against him if he ever gains any traction. At this point...no one needs to worry about it because he is still a distant 3rd/4th.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
If I wanted Obama to have an easy time...I would be promoting Ron Paul because he would have no chance against Obama.

An easy win for Obama would be against a bottom of the barrel republican like Rick Perry. If that happens, then America has hit an all time low in candidates.

Ron Paul is the only REAL candidate that could give Obama a run for his money.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

These have to do with property rights and not discrimination.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

Right...sure.

That's a nice way of saying that people should be able to deny service based on race.

I don't care how you spin it...it is never going to come off good.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yes, calling people names (pretty boy) is so presidential of him

Or you know, he could have called them what they really are... a bunch of traitors selling America out to big corporations and big banks. But apparently you are too oblivious to know that.

And apparently you complaining about this kind of ``language`` don't know anything about American politics history. If you look back, the farther you look, the harsher it gets. Duel to the deaths for what you said to each other in congress wasn't uncommon in the 1800s.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

Right...sure.

That's a nice way of saying that people should be able to deny service based on race.

I don't care how you spin it...it is never going to come off good.

I hear what you are saying and I totally understand how it looks. But the truth remains that his statements on the Civil Rights Act is 100% consistent with every other view he has and concept he subscribes to. Is he against equal rights? No. Is he against a federal mandate that tells business owners what to do? Yes.

Personally, I think it's pretty dumb of him (or maybe he simply gives Americans too much credit) to say these things but at least it's consistent. That is not spin, it's simply true.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Either way, it's not good.

He is either in support of discrimination or he is too shortsighted to be able to see the possible negative impacts this would have on society.

Maybe you are right, maybe he gives Americans too much credit to do the right thing...but I find that hard to believe...I think Ron Paul is a lot of things...but I don't think he is stupid...so I don't think he is ignorant to the fact that discrimination would happen.

This is one of my biggest problems with Ron Paul across the board...he is too extreme in his views to allow common sense to win over his absoluteness.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is a thread about the ad, not other things. Start a different thread titled "I believe Ron Paul is racist" if you want to share your views on why you think he is racist, then you'll have plenty of people to shoot you down.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Same with Obama...but at least he IS getting the things he promised done. That was the point of your post...that Obama has broken a lot of his campaign promises...and that is simply not true.

He has completely kept 28% of his promises, not bad for 2 1/2 years.

Keeping 28% of his promises is getting things done? Go through life keeping 28% of your promises and see where that gets you. I did look at politifact, and while I only had the stomach to read the first page of political jargon, it seems as if many of his promises are mainly geared towards increasing(?!) foreign aid and controlling carbon emissions (which means more restrictions on you and me). And what about his boldest promise of all, bringing home the troops? Since he not only broke that promise but gave the ok to invade Afghanistan and Libya (to spread freedom and liberty, of course), how does that factor into the 28%? Shouldn't he be docked a few percentage points?

then they can work on his image of being a kooky crazy old man.

First, if people think he is "kooky" or "crazy", then they haven't even figured out how to tell the difference between someone who understands things and speaks from the heart, and someone who reads a speech written by someone else off a teleprompter. In which case, they shouldn't be voting. Also, "kooky" and "crazy" are two of the many words people seem to use when they're out of answers. You're like the GoodOlDave of political forums.

This is one of my biggest problems with Ron Paul across the board...he is too extreme in his views to allow common sense to win over his absoluteness.

WHAAAA??? Half of Ron Paul is the constitution, and the other half is common sense. In fact, I would say he's the ONLY one with any common sense. Could you please explain what you mean when you say he's too extreme? I hear this from time to time, but what about him is too extreme?

Alright, I keep getting sidetracked. My original point was, why isn't Ron Paul in charge of his ads? If I was running, I'd want to be 100% in charge of how my ads came across. This one is alright, but I didn't really care for the one where he called out Perry. First of all, I don't think anyone NEEDS to stoop to the level of calling him out. But I WILL AGREE WITH OUTKAST(!) that his ads could be better. I liked the idea of one poster in another thread that suggested using clips of him hitting homeruns at the debate while the others spout rehearsed rhetoric. He knows what needs to be done, so focus on that. The finger-pointing at other candidates gets old. As does the finger-pointing on these threads. So I'm done.
edit on 12-9-2011 by greenWeenie because: forgot purpose of thread

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by greenWeenie

And what about his boldest promise of all, bringing home the troops?

You go ahead and find that "promise".

That should keep you busy for a while...depending no how much you have convinced yourself that this propaganda is true.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Yes, calling people names (pretty boy) is so presidential of him

Once again...Ron Paul comes off as being childish and not very dignified in this ad.

I don't know if things like this are his idea or some strategist...but whoevers it is....they should think twice about it.

This is friendly advice...if he wants to do better in polls...he needs to start acting a bit more serious.

Not nessasarily him, but his ad team.

Ron Paul's gotta use everything he's got when the media is ignoring him, and when they do bother covering him, calling him a 'wacko.'

He's doing very well in the polls....er the polls that haven't been manipulated...

as seen here:

www.youtube.com...

You wanted feedback, so there you go, lol.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Skip ahead to 22 seconds:

Just STOP.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That should keep you busy for a while...depending no how much you have convinced yourself that this propaganda is true.

Here you go the classic "You can take that to the bank" speech made by Obama.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

here is a good example of obama showing that he is either misinformed or just a liar. i voted for obama but i will never vote for him again because his administration has more of the same while he promised change. in fact, it seems obama has been even worse than more of the same as he has repeated actions that he rightfully admonished george bush for doing (like unpatriocically increasing our debt by $4 trillion).

i wanted obama to be change, he's a great speaker and he definitely won me over, but i could never again vote for somebody who has so clearly held up a standard of an american political conveyor belt that has more to do with telling people what they want to hear than it does with giving the public what it needs to be happy and proud of its country.
edit on 12-9-2011 by godWhisperer because: fix vid

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join