It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75% of Republicans only care if the nominee can beat Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Carseller rather have a Republican corporate whore than a Democrat, darn Bush was so good at it too.
I don't think we can have another Bush again, he was unique.
he manage to accelerate the downfall of the US in 4 years.

Then help pay off the corporate financial pimps for the mistakes and corruption they committed against the working class and stepped out of the white House with a big smile in his corrupted face.

Let no forget the big pay off for the private military war complex of trillions of dollars wasted in Afghanistan and Iraq.

And people still question why we are doing so bad right now.
edit on 12-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Carseller4

"Pass the health bill so we can read it" ...all over again

Oh look...another mis-quoted piece of propaganda.

But let me guess...I "knew" what you meant...even though you completed screwed up the quote for it to mean something completely different.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

So that YOU can find out....YOU...now WE...not US...YOU. Meaning...there is so much false propaganda surronding the bill...you won't know what is in it until it's enacted.

Where are those scary "death panels" anyway.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Bush didn't run in 2008. McCain distanced himself from Bush, this is why he lost. You don't distance yourself from a great 2 term President and expect it to not have ramifications.

Bush was a GREAT 2 term President????

Ok..I'll bite...let's see some of those GREAT accomplishments.

I can think of...the biggest terrorist attack on us in HISTORY...getting us into 3 wars...and the collapse of the housing market and the entire economy....oh and those HUGE tax cuts for the rich (which contributed to our collapse)

Am I missing any of his "GREAT" accomplishments?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Bush didn't run in 2008. McCain distanced himself from Bush, this is why he lost. You don't distance yourself from a great 2 term President and expect it to not have ramifications.

It's good of you to add some comedy to the thread.

Yes, I know Bush didn't run in 2008. But thanks for stating the obvious.

My point: This isn't new. MANY people do and have voted against a certain philosophy or political mindset. That's what I mean by "voting against Bush". Hope that clears it up for you.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Many people do...I personally don't agree with it.

If you are going to vote, you should be voting because you SUPPORT the person you are voting for. I'm not a big fan of lesser of two evils.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Jansy
Considering what's happened in the past three years (and what will happen if BHO is re-elected) this is wrong because.......????

Just sayin'...
edit on 12-9-2011 by Jansy because: Typo

edit on 12-9-2011 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2011 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

What has happend in the past 3 years that is directly Obama's doing?

Specifics would be nice.

I shouldn't have to spell it out...if you want specifics you've obviously not been paying attention.

But for starters, he's blamed Bush for three years about the horrible "package" he received when he became president. (Scuze me...HE WANTED IT, DIDN'T HE??? He was going to "fix things" "transforms things"). What's happened? He's spent more money than Bush did (this is Bush's fault??), he's not taken us OUT of a war in Afghanistan, he's put us INTO another war in Libya (this is Bush's fault??). He and the Democratically controlled Congress couldn't jump-start the economy (and you don't do that dumping obscenely massive amounts of money into the problem...you STEP BACK, ease up on regulations, and let the economy jump-start itself for crying out loud. The depression in the 20's was worse than the "great" depression...but because government didn't try to manage the depression in the 20's, the system recalibrated itself.)

Additionally he pushed through horribly expensive legislation supposed to be about healthcare "reform." Guess what? Obamacare ISN'T about "healthcare" it's about more and more government CONTROL. Not to mention it's basic unconstitionality.

I won't go on...it just wears me out bumping up against a "refuse to see the forest for the trees" progressive mentality...must go take some Tylenol for my headache. (Wish the headache in Washington was so easily solved.)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I hear you and agree completely. I voted for Obama, agreed with 90% of his positions, but I probably would have voted for anyone that could prevent McCain (or another 8 years of Bush) from happening. It's a balance. But I agree and think it would be great if we had about 10 candidates to choose from so we could vote FOR someone. Unfortunately, that's not the case and it's actually pretty rare to find a politician who is a conservative liberal libertarian, like myself.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jansy

I blame Obama for not realizing his promises, from perpetuating the status quo of this nation been run by private interest, for been nothing but another puppet of big interest.

When he steps out of the white house and another takes his place, people will understand better that this nation has not been for the people and by the people in many decades.

Or like now will keep bickering about how bad was the president before the one after.

Because voters still doesn't get it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jansy

So let me get this straight.

You are saying that the last 3 years were bad because...

He went into Afganistan (as he said he was going to) too try to flush out Bin Laden...and then finally got Bin Laden???

He pushed healthcare reform that he always said he would do???

And he prevented a depression...he got the stock market back up (anyone with a 401k should be thanking him)...he got people spending again (corporate profits are up)...and he gave people some tax breaks to give them more money....but he hasn't gotten all the jobs back (which we all know lag after a recession).

Yeah...the past 3 years don't look so bad...so what exactly are you complaining about?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think you can all stop fighting Liberals and Conservatives I answered this question awhile back on Page two but nobody bothered to read it or to respond to it. I guess nobody really does want to hear what an independent has to say huh?

But don't let me stop you all keep blabbering away!
edit on 12-9-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
It's simple really. Republicans want another Reagan who can generate the votes and the cash flow necessary to beat Emperor Obama. That's how Bush did it, that's how Obama did it. That's how all elections are won. Generating votes and then when the public realizes they elected the wrong person, their attitude towards the President Plummets. Obama's polls were at 19% approval rating (I think) last time I checked!

None of the GOP nominations have the mentality right now, the GOP is divided on many issues and that's probably why its hard for many of them to agree on the same thing. It goes from Perry to Bachmann and maybe a little Ron Paul. Whereas Romney and Huntsman (who are both logical) are left in the dust. People like extremism, and that's how Obama won. Liberals can deny it all they want but people STILL blame Bush for everything that Obama's done. It's been three years!!!!! Bush has been LONG Gone. Obama hasn't done much to fix this economy or enact upon the CHANGE that he promised. I do see a change but it's not the one that I had hoped for.
edit on 12-9-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Quote to bring it to this page and to state that I agree with you.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
So there you have it...75% of Republicans don't care abou the issues...as long as the nominee can beat Obama...that is good enough for them.

So once again, we will have an election where Republicans aren't voting FOR their candidate...they will just be voting AGAINST Obama.

Republicans...why is it so hard for you to just find someone you support and vote FOR them instead of voting AGAINST someone else???

Wow, there's a blast from the past.

I wonder how many Democrats were thinking and voting, "I don't care who the dems run, as long as they can beat Bush!"

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I wonder how many Democrats were thinking and voting, "I don't care who the dems run, as long as they can beat Bush!"

Apparently not enough...since Bush was re-elected for a 2nd term

Please show me the proof/polls if you are going to make the claim....not just your assumption of proof.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

that made my day thanks for that i needed a good laugh more people should do stuff like this to find out how realy uninformed people are

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

here is an interesting article pertitant to you twos discussion and kinda informative on how polls work or at least i learned some thing as well as this one where they dont quite say there gonna vote for him for being black but they kinda imply it www.huffingtonpost.com...(yes i know huff post not to popular but its what i found)

www.whitehousedossier.com... link to polls by various age and income etc

and in support of your claim (i think) www.politicsdaily.com... its an oldie but interesting read to see how long this has been going on

www.therightscoop.com... and there is some black ceo saying he voted for obama and he regrets it as it was race based vote and a little hope

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

I have no clue what you are trying to prove with those links.

Please clarify.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i think this shows how much people just want Obama out of office, but we have to make sure we do not just elect another person who will disregard what the people want.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Makes sense. Obama is that dangerous.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Why anybody would affiliate themselves with any political party is beyond me. Both parties have their own hidden agendas, and neither party has any concern for our country. IMHO

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I don't need any more proof than there is a democrat in the white house and if necessary I would vote for Cheney just to replace O. We can't afford 4 more years of killing what business we have left with oppressive rules and regulations. We need people in the congress and white house to reverse the damage done by the democrats. We need to get rid of Obama care, build up our military, rebuild NASA, drill for all the oil we can find, kill all the silly green/climate change crap and charge NASA and/or DARPA to partner with business and universities to develop viable fusion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join