It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75% of Republicans only care if the nominee can beat Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
In the latest poll conducted, there was an interesting question asked among the Republican participants.

i2.cdn.turner.com...

If you had to choose, would you rather see the Republican party nominate a presidential candidate
who agrees with you on every issue that matters to you but may not be able to beat Barack Obama,
or a presidential candidate who can beat Barack Obama but does not agree with you on every issue
that matters to you?

Sept. 9-11 June 3-7 Jan. 21-23
2011 2011 2011
Agrees with you on issues 24% 24% 29%
Can beat Barack Obama 75% 75% 68%

Here is a screen shot to better see the results

So there you have it...75% of Republicans don't care abou the issues...as long as the nominee can beat Obama...that is good enough for them.

So once again, we will have an election where Republicans aren't voting FOR their candidate...they will just be voting AGAINST Obama.

Republicans...why is it so hard for you to just find someone you support and vote FOR them instead of voting AGAINST someone else???
edit on 12-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
No surprise. Republican base is plagued with bigotry and hate for Obama that they will support any crazy candidates...like Perry....Bachmann....and mmm..maybe Romney.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Doesnt this make sense I mean if you are a republican shouldnt you have more in common than what a democrat believes? And therefore yes it would be great to get the person you want to win presidency, it may not happen but it would still be better to have someone that has some of your values or ideas as president than a person that is the opposite.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If a Republican candidate agrees with me on 9 of 10 issues and can beat Obama, I'm OK with that.

This is what the poll is saying.

We really need a facepalm smiley.

This thread would be a good candidate for using it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

To me, it shows they are voting based on rhetoric and propaganda and don't really understand the issues at hand.

I only vote for people who I agree with or who has plans/policies that I believe will be good for the country.

link   
I think voting for someone solely based on the color of their skin is just as wrong. This is what happened in 2008; when polled, most African-Americans did not even know a single issue where Obama stood on his platform.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

This post kind of reminds me of how Obama got elected in the first place.

His policies didnt mean anything to anyone, all because..... 'He Wasnt George Bush'

Hell, I could elect my nephew of 5 years of age to be President and he would do a better job than the last two we have had to deal with.

Democrats-Republicans- You can always count on them to NEVER care about the issues.

Most of the time, it seems to me, that the only people who really care about the issues are the Non Partisans.

My take on it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

If a Republican candidate agrees with me on 9 of 10 issues and can beat Obama, I'm OK with that.

Maybe you should re-read the question...because that is not at all what it is asking.

Nice spin though

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingNothing
No surprise. Republican base is plagued with bigotry and hate for Obama that they will support any crazy candidates...like Perry....Bachmann....and mmm..maybe Romney.

You might have gotten away with the bigotry statement 4 years ago (absolutely not true then or now, but you could have gotten away with it). But Obama has a track record now, and it is abysmal.

There is not one Republican candidate running right now that would do worse than Obama.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
I think voting for someone solely based on the color of their skin is just as wrong. This is what happened in 2008; when polled, most African-Americans did not even know a single issue where Obama stood on his platform.

Could you provide some proof of either of those statements???

I would really like to see proof of "MOST" African Americans not knowing a single issue...I would really really like to see the poll that came from.

Or are you just trying to spread more racist rhetoric???

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Maybe you should re-read the question...because that is not at all what it is asking.

Nice spin though

or a presidential candidate who can beat Barack Obama but does not agree with you on every issue
that matters to you?

It sure does look like that is what it is asking....drop it down to 6 out of 10 issues, and I am still in. Because with Obama I'm lucky to agree with him on 2 out of 10 issues.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Carseller4 because: because

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

This post kind of reminds me of how Obama got elected in the first place.
His policies didnt mean anything to anyone, all because..... 'He Wasnt George Bush'

There was some of that, of course, because the public had a terrible hangover from 8 years of Dubya. But that's not all. There were some policies that people thought they may well support -- the problem is, Obama never implemented them in practice. For example, some people do believe in a public health care system, like in Europe in many places. Obama tried to implement some of that.

Democrats-Republicans- You can always count on them to NEVER care about the issues.

Again, I can't agree. While I don't like the current crop of Dems for being lame ducks unable to stand up to the rabid Right, you have to give them and the President a little bit of credit of trying to create jobs. The repubs, on the other hand, are just going around with their voodoo about lowering taxes whenever possible (and we know that corporations do have very healthy cash reserves, which demonstrates the falsehood of that).

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The fact remains they are more interested in beating Obama then they are in ANY issues.

Do you think it's a coincidence that one of the main points that all the Republican candidates tries to make is that they are the one that can make Obama a one-term president? Do you think it's a coincidence that "One Term" is a common rally cry for Republicans right now?

Republicans have one goal...beat Obama...they don't care if the candidate has any plans or policies that would better the country...just beat Obama.

Deny it if you like...but you yourself are saying the same thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Oh, please! Do you live under a rock? Like you didn't see all the interviews with black citizens on tv asking questions about his policies. You want to see those polls? Just take your lazy self to Google and type in something like,"african-americans vote for obama because of race". It's that simple. Google is your friend.

Also, why the "racist" tag? Do you know my race? Just because I mention a particular race in a response makes me racist? Here... There are whites that do the same thing in elections...does that make me double racist?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Yes, I would like to see the polls.

So please back up the claims YOU are making and go find them...I'm not here to do your research for you.

The other reason I'm not going to go and google it myself...is because I know I will never find it. Apparently so do you, which is why you aren' providing any PROOF of your claims.

And by "all those interviews"...do you mean the two or three youtube videos??? And you think that is enough to claim that MOST are like that

So please provide proof of your claims...or just admit that you are making stuff up and you have no proof and your claims are FALSE.
edit on 12-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

www.britannica.com... mas-victory-the-myth-that-race-didnt-matter/

Here is an interesting article if you are under the illusion that race didn't matter.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

www.britannica.com... mas-victory-the-myth-that-race-didnt-matter/

Here is an interesting article if you are under the illusion that race didn't matter.

So I guess you are admitting you have no proof for you other baseless claims...right???

African Americans always vote Democrat in large majorities...Obama got more of the African American vote than previous Democrat candidates did...but then again...he got more of the vote across the board in all categories.

So...do you have the links to those polls yet to back up your claims? Or are you willing to admit you are trying to spread false information?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
...Yes, I would like to see the polls...

Here you go! Hilarious if it wasn't so sad...

edit on 12-9-2011 by TreadUpon because: (no reason given)

edited to add:
Also, in case the light of day happens to shine on that dusty cranial cavity of yours today, the question was "...agree on EVERY ISSUE with you OR...".
edit on 12-9-2011 by TreadUpon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

S&F, Thanks for posting.

I think Mitch McConnell summed it up well when he stated that their number one priority was to make sure that President Obama was a one term president. Funny how quickly the health and welfare of the United States is pushed into second place, (at best) on the list of republican priorities. So much for love of country. The obstructionist efforts employed by the GOP/Tea Party to stymie our nations economic recovery are blatant and obvious. They have made it perfectly clear that their number one priority is to regain political dominance regardless of what harm may befall the nation in the process.

Therefore, anyone who they believe can beat Obama will be their number one choice, without reservation. I mean, who has time for issues? I actually believe that they would give up their first born child to see Obama defeated, go figure.

By the way, I'm not black and I voted for Obama. My neighbors aren't black, they voted for Obama too and from what I can tell, we'll all vote for him again as opposed to any of the lunatics currently vowing for the republican nomination. To be quite honest, I too am disappointed in the President's performance but not for the same reasons as conservatives. I'm disappointed because he hasn't told the GOP to go suck on a pickle, instead of eating their peas. At this point, I would vote for Bernie Sanders or Alan Grayson in a heartbeat but they aren't running, so it looks like I'll vote for the only other sane option available, which is Obama.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Considering what's happened in the past three years (and what will happen if BHO is re-elected) this is wrong because.......????

Just sayin'...
edit on 12-9-2011 by Jansy because: Typo

edit on 12-9-2011 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2011 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join