It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ats background changes again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
whats with the card hes holding? or is it even a card
fairly hard to tell
but its obviously two faces..whos?

get rid of the background ats, do we really need any more hate? or are youse just as bad as the governments, i thought this place was about everyones opinions not spreading hate
edit on 12-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

Pretty clear to me. Left side, 911 + dead US troops.

Right side, Afghan (who the US designated as the enemy).

This man, that so many ATS users spent countless threads calling a terrorist, is a VICTIM of US terror, and the card he is showing appears to be a young child on the left, and an older man (maybe himself?) on the right. From the look on his face I'm assuming both were killed in US led strikes.

Pretty clear to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Gee, I hadn't noticed.

Who cares.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
forgive my noobness but how does one go about getting only the background to show on the screen? Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
in mozilla, right click, show background image...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

i would have to agree, theres no other way to take it really...
strange that ats decides to target afghans or iran..whos giving them orders?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GakunGak

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Pretty clear to me. Left side, 911 + dead US troops.

Right side, Afghan (who the US designated as the enemy).

This man, that so many ATS users spent countless threads calling a terrorist, is a VICTIM of US terror, and the card he is showing appears to be a young child on the left, and an older man (maybe himself?) on the right. From the look on his face I'm assuming both were killed in US led strikes.

Pretty clear to me.
What you don't seem to realize is that he wasn't holding a card at first. It was recently changed. I still can't figure out what it's all supposed to mean though. The mods and admins don't seem to be saying a word about it, that obviously means something. Might be some type of puzzle or something. Who knows.
edit on 12-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I put a couple of post its over
his face. We could do without
this IMHO.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Perhaps it would be better to not get your panties in a knot over the fitting choice of a background showing the pain and destruction of both sides of the conflict. Perhaps 10 years of pain, destruction, and murder is enough. Perhaps if we opened our eyes we could finally settle our differences, and past tribulations in the hopes for a better, loving future.

Quite obviously as a previous poster has stated, one seems to be our lost soldiers, and the other seems to be a man pained greatly by the deaths/kidnapping/martyring of his two sons.

One must remember, we are all HUMAN, regardless of what a being living in hate might believe.

-Namaste

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

sort of made me think of the most wanted card things..
which is a perfect example of symbolism in action

anyway bump this people
i wana try work this out

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

i didnt not like the backround yesterday and i really do not like it today. why!? i hope whoever did this is reading this thread. its bs. please stop.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

i would have to agree, theres no other way to take it really... strange that ats decides to target afghans or iran..whos giving them orders?

no, that's not what I meant. ATS, I'm assuming, used it to show the other side of the conflict, the tower wreckage and helmuts represent US, but there is a very human aspect to the other side that is often over looked.

My point was the fact that so many ATS users saw a man who appears to be Arab, and immediately assumed he's a terrorist.

This update image makes me correct in my original statement.

What you don't seem to realize is that he wasn't holding a card at first. It was recently changed. I still can't figure out what it's all supposed to mean though. The mods and admins don't seem to be saying a word about it, that obviously means something. Might be some type of puzzle or something. Who knows.

no I realize that full on, and that's why I believe they added the hand holding the cards, to clearly show this isn't a "terrorist" this is a man who probably lost a child or two in this conflict, the faces we aren't supposed to see.

the fact that, until they added the cards showing a young child, people assumed this man is a terrorist SOLELY based on his race makes me sick.
edit on 12-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

i would have to agree, theres no other way to take it really...
strange that ats decides to target afghans or iran..whos giving them orders?

Could be part of the 9/11 global "we will not (LET YOU) forget" campaign going on.

Same every year since, but being the 10th anniversary it's a good reason for "them" to ram it down our throats because we're all potential terrorists and victims of the same and fear and control is the order of the day.

The media has really gone overbaord with the headlines and pics this time.

My question is, how long will I have to see this awful background?

One bright, tall, tower each side of the posting window in all it's glory would have been a nice tribute. Not rubble.
edit on 12/9/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

It could indeed, but I seriously doubt ATS is playing any part in the governments aims to keep people afraid. ATS embraces the debate, and 911 is one of the most popular topics here and mostly from the conspiracy angle.

anyways, I've seen various images and videos like this, Afghans holding up photos of their dead, trying to make sure it's documented.

Of course, during my chiding of you guys for assuming here's a terrorist, I overlooked the possibility that those images are of family Martyred for his cause, that's a high probability too. While the media incessantly replays the videos of carnage, what exactly do we see about Afghanistan? do they put a human face to those people, not all of which supported the Taliban in the first place? No, all we are allowed to see and think is that these people are terrorists and HATE YOU.

I applaud ATS for showing the human side if that was the intent. In any event the reactions of some of the people here are enlightening, and sad, very very sad.

Proof positive that propaganda works. He's got a beard and a turban? Terrorist. He looks arabic? Terrorist.

We played.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

no I realize that full on, and that's why I believe they added the hand holding the cards, to clearly show this isn't a "terrorist" this is a man who probably lost a child or two in this conflict, the faces we aren't supposed to see.
It was much harder to tell when he wasn't holding a card. It seems the picture was interpreted in two ways.

1) The right and left sides depict opposing forces. US troops and terrorists responsible for 9/11.
2) The right and left sides depict opposing forces. US troops and innocent foreigners taking the flak for an inside job.

Pretty smart really.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Exactly... This isn't a tribute, it's wallowing... it's rehashing the hurt constantly and living in the pain of the past.
Who wants to see the towers falling on every channel? To see the "jumpers" plummeting on every news bulletin.

The healing process will never be complete when people are constantly reminded of the horrors.

There is "Not forgetting" and then there is going OTT..... this year has been massively OTT.

I posted this somewhere else earlier but It's a good article so here it is again

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 12/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
The healing process will never be complete when people are constantly reminded of the horrors.

I agree completely. I had family members in WWII, but rather than wallow once a year in rememberance along with solemn crowds or by a lonely graveside...

I LIVE EACH AND EVERY DAY WITH THEM BY MY SIDE IN SPIRIT.

Only fond memories of them, the person, their life, not their tragedy.
edit on 12/9/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Just so you guys know, SO cleared it up in this post here: (Link)

top topics

join