It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat & Dolphins Play Together

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have learned more about my own country by living abroad then I ever could by being insulated within it. And more about my own species by watching, and marveling at those not like my kind, all around me. I have also learned something else, this the hard way.Those who would so causally hurt an animal will also hurt a person. Beware of people like that, and do something to let those too dense to figure it out on their own, those of good will are those who are not silent, or inactive in the face of actions that are wrong.

The Cat and Dolphin are not natural enemies (a bogus term, anyway). They inhabit two different worlds. And if they can “giggle together" think of the possibilities. Perhaps there is hope with us and the Grays... I’d settle for no one group of people covered by a piece of cloth (a flag) not killing another. Hey I got to start somewhere.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Posted already

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stop it with these youtube videos of cute stuff

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Hey, thanks for giving this wonderful video a bump as well as letting us know it was already posted in April.
I'm so disappointed I missed it the first time it came across the boards!

By the way, I'm sorry you had a bad Monday. Chin up! Tomorrow will be better!

And remember, when all the money in the world is worthless and there's no more oil left to drill,
cute animals will always be around.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Indeed, we can only work for what is best. Cute animals are a great way to start. Even the creepy-little-crawlers among us mean no harm. They just want to get by. As long as they keep the fangs and venom to their little lonesomes, baby you have no quarrel with me. Even those we think are “icky” are not here for our own pleasure, they just are who they are. Get over it. Call me the ultimate libertarian, you don’t hurt me I won’t even think of hurting you.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful video....yes I agree animals can teach us humans a thing or two!

As time goes on...and I need an (emotional pick-me-up)...I will return to this video. Love, love, love it!

And...to those of you who want a (forum for just animals)....I totally agree. I am suggesting we all send suggestions to the ATS staff about this.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

That was just too adorable, now I got a toothache cos it was so sweet!!!
Tell me they're not intelligent creatures!!! Seriously, that was just so much like what we humans do petting a cat's head!!! So awesome this vide. S&F!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Nice to see something sweet in the news for a change. Just to let us all know, we are all here to make a difference. What we do from here is up to us. Don’t f*** ** ** !

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thanks again to everyone who is in support of an Animal Forum!

It would bring smiles and they sure are needed now more than ever.

I'm guilty of being a doom and gloomer, but I've been trying to become more balanced lately. I believe that balance has much to do with a health, happiness, and reaching enlightenment.

Finding the silver lining around dark clouds is becoming more challenging. Sometimes, videos such as this one are needed as an aid to keep the human mind balanced and grounded. We as humans are told that we must not forget certain events -- especially those events which are tainted with evil. Not forgetting the joys animals bring to our lives and how we can touch the lives of others in a good way is much more important than remembering how we've been wronged.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

Oh, what a beautiful video! And what a wonderful interplay between two, completely different species.

It's easy to "humanize" the seeming reactions between the cat and dolphin, but didn't it look like the dolphin was playing with the cat, as a human would?

It is easy to "humanize" these actions of caring and interpersonal inter species "play" because they are what animals do to socialize...as we Humans are animals and share a large portion of our DNA with every other creature on the planet, it is safe to say that higher functioning animals would have similar,"customs", for introduction and social interaction. While we do not "sniff butts" there is always a certain amount of "feeling out" a new person in any social environment. Humans through out history have touched foreheads together as a sign of love and family, the head bonk that cat was doing to the dolphin is a sign of acceptance and "family" as any feline owner can tell you, they do not always do it to anything or anyone that comes along. Animals play and inter relate same as we do. Don't discount animals just because they can not vocalize their opinions

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

The young of a close genetic relative proved this a few years back.

As for a forum dedicated to Domestic and wild animals Iam all for it

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The dolphins were so friendly because the sound of laughing women sounds like the noises they make.
edit on 9/12/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

…it is safe to say that higher functioning animals would have similar,"customs", for introduction and social interaction.

I agree.

We measure animal sentience by our own standards, applying criteria that we can recognize; but surely there is room here for allowing the concept that a species as old as the dolphin has developed not only comparable intelligence to us, but also a fully formed, far more cerebral civilization?

Their “customs” may be misinterpreted as instinctive behaviour when they are actually the deliberate actions of a self-aware being.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

It was already posted that this was already posted so you, sir, have just reposted another repost.

Either way, I had to watch it again this morning and share it with my wife. I'm also in support of an animals forum. Very good idea!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Awesome video, thanks for posting that
All animals have souls, and, frankly, quite a few of them are MORE intelligent than some humans I've dealt with. you won't find a dolphin starting a war, now will ya?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

…it is safe to say that higher functioning animals would have similar,"customs", for introduction and social interaction.

I agree.

We measure animal sentience by our own standards, applying criteria that we can recognize; but surely there is room here for allowing the concept that a species as old as the dolphin has developed not only comparable intelligence to us, but also a fully formed, far more cerebral civilization?

Their “customs” may be misinterpreted as instinctive behaviour when they are actually the deliberate actions of a self-aware being.

Dolphins, I've long believed, have always been at least as smart as humans. The evidence of how intelligent they are has been underplayed. I look at the dolphin playing with the cat, and I see benevolence, and sentience. he knows what he's doing. one of the other dolphins was smiling/laughing. makes you wonder; I mean, they were here before we were; are we sure they're "just" animals, as in, creatures that naturally evolved, or are they something more? ^^

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TSearchX

Your reply about the reposting gave me a great laugh! Thank you for that!

ATS really does need to give the search button a tune up, but until that happens, I must say that I'd rather see a video of this reposted than one of kiling and maiming. The simple fact that this video was posted again just goes to prove how important it is.

Besides, I'm also using this video and thread to voice my opinion that there needs to be an Animal Forum. So, to those who are "moderators in the making" and insist on pointing out the fact that this was already posted, please show me a thread that is pushing for a forum about animals. Only then will I request that this thread be closed and all comments directed to the original posting.

To everyone else: Smile on, folks!

And a big thanks to those in support of the Animal Forum!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

You're quite welcome and thanks for agreeing that animals have souls. I just can't imagine a world where an animal does not have a soul. The american indians most certainly believed this as they prayed to animal spirits for strength. Those who believe in reincarnation also believe this. Are Christians the only ones who believe this?

I just can't for the life of me see any reason or benefit to believing that humans are the only creatures bestowed with a soul. Whenever I try to debate this belief, the people who don't believe animals have a soul can only reply, "Well, the Bible says...", then they talk about G_d breathing life and a soul into humans. This is the ONE and ONLY spot where these folks get their belief from as far as I've heard. How can one line in the Bible have convinced so many people? Alas, they're told not to question what is in the Bible. I say -- "Question everything!" Especially when it's in the Bible. It's been edited how many times by now? Anyways, back to what I was saying. Living in the Bible belt and talking about this with religious people, their argument for soulless animals is weak and full of holes.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Thanks

BUMP

S+F

Can everyone send a copy to their politicians, the war starters, the Israelis, the Islamic & Christian Fundementalists and all others of similar ilk, that how can humans treat each other so bad when differant species can communicate love and peace?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I also live in the "Bible Belt". The next time some bible-thumper tells you that animals have no souls, tell them to read Ecclesiastes, Chapter 3, Verses 19 - 21:

"Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place, all come from dust, and to dust all return. Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animals goes down into the earth?"

In other words, if we have souls, so do the animals. It said as much when it says "the spirit of the animals". Straight from the bible, kids. They can't argue with that!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Thank you so much for posting this - dolphins are so amazing. It seems that they are more altruistic than a lot of humans at this point. They were just at it again, trying to save a man who drowned in Australia, and staying with him until he was pulled from the water. He didn't make it, but at least he wasn't alone when he died. There are many people who wouldn't have done that - many.
And that dolphin was most definitely playing with that cat - no doubt in my mind at all. Awesome and Adorable.
Thanks again - I'm all for an animal forum - great idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join