It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat & Dolphins Play Together

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I just finished watching this video and it really gave me a smile and warmed my heart. (I did a search, but didn't see that it had been posted previously.)
It gives me great pleasure to share this with all of you, especially since it is the Monday following 9/11.

Watching these beautiful creatures playing together should remind us all that humans should be able to get along -- if we wanted to. Different life forms can coexist and learn from each other. Watching the cat (who probably hates the water and is afraid of falling in) stretching his head and paws out to touch the curious dolphins should show us that we can rise above our fears to have amazing experiences. This is what we should strive for each day. Never allow your fears to be a road block to living life as it was meant to be lived. Loving and learning can and do happen when fear is shoved out of the way.

I hope you all enjoy this video as much as I did.
www.slothster.com...

Have a happy day & a wonderful week, everyone!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I just wanted to add that I think ATS should have a forum dedicated to animals.
There is so much we can learn from them.
Plus, it would be a great "go to" place when searching for threads that will give you a needed pick-me-up.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
There is so much we can learn from them.
Plus, it would be a great "go to" place when searching for threads that will give you a needed a pick-me-up.

me too it would go a long way toward changing minds about the "animals are inferiors" ingrained human minset

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Oh, what a beautiful video! And what a wonderful interplay between two, completely different species.

It's easy to "humanise" the seeming reactions between the cat and dolphin, but didn't it look like the dolphin was playing with the cat, as a human would?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Thanks for agreeing with the Animal Forum idea and I am in complete agreement with you regarding the superiority complex humans have towards animals.
Living in the Bible belt, I often find myself talking to religious people when I'm out walking my dog. I'm amazed at how many people believe that animals don't have souls. This is the most despicable belief I've ever heard!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I'm so happy you enjoyed the video!
Also, considering dolphins don't have arms and hands, it can't reach up and play with the cat as we do. The way the dolphin bops the cat on the head with its "chin" is similar to how we play with our cats and dogs though. Many times, I'll just tap my dog on the head to tease him and this usually gets him in a playful mood. I think this action alone is displaying how the dolphin is trying to play with or pat/pet the cat.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just thought I'd embed it for you:

Fascinating!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Thank you very much for embedding it for me!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Wow what a wonderful video. Being
that cats don't care much for water shows
the trust between the cat and the dolphins.

I would love to see an animal forum on
ATS, I would contribute.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

reply to post by PW229

Thank you very much for embedding it for me!

My pleasure.

After the usual dose of ATS doom and gloom I saw this thread pop up and thought, "Hmm, cat attacking a dolphin or dolphin tries to eat cat," but then I watched and caught myself smiling and thinking, "You know what, the world is still a nice place to be." So, thank you for that. S+F and a big smile :-)

Edit: Adding my support for an animal forum.
edit on 12-9-2011 by PW229 because: Added support for animal forum.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

reply to post by MrsBlonde

Thanks for agreeing with the Animal Forum idea and I am in complete agreement with you regarding the superiority complex humans have towards animals.
Living in the Bible belt, I often find myself talking to religious people when I'm out walking my dog. I'm amazed at how many people believe that animals don't have souls. This is the most despicable belief I've ever heard!

no doubt that is the biggest idea holding humanity back from enlightenment, It isn't just my opinion that animals are spiritually and morally equivalent with us /or we with them,it's just true
I don't think I know

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thankyou, i loved that, made my day!
Dolphins are such gentle creatures, and it let the cat touch its beak and play with it, without a fear, (those of you that are cat owners such as myself, know they can land you with quite a nasty scram). Excellent.
And i agree with a previous poster, those who say animals do not have souls, obviously dont own or like animals. I have cats and all of them have different personalities and characters.
s+f

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I agree, at least then i wouldn't have to see all those annoying 'oh look,animals, soooo cute' threads or the 'animals are better than we' crap.
Put that # into one category and free the important categories from the animal crap

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Thanks for agreeing, but I'm sorry you feel that way. You've left me wondering why you clicked on this thread though if you don't like heartwarming videos of cute animals?

Most aren't aware that the last control move the Nazi's did was to take people's pets away.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Thanks for agreeing, but I'm sorry you feel that way. You've left me wondering why you clicked on this thread though if you don't like heartwarming videos of cute animals?

Most aren't aware that the last control move the Nazi's did was to take people's pets away.

Don't feed the trolls. Concentrate on all the people who have thanked you for sharing and ignore the haters.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Yes, you're absolutely right and thank you for reminding me.

The silver lining: At least trolls are great for bumping threads and keeping them on the boards.

To those who enjoyed the video, I'm glad I could bring a smile to your day. I'm also very happy that people are showing their support for an Animal Forum.
Much thanks!

link   

"Give me back my yummy Fish"

please!
please .........!
c'mon ..........................please..........

I like it, Cats and Dolphins are the favorite Animals for many, many Humanoids!

link   
Nice video, thanks for sharing. I absolutely fell in love with dolphins ever since I had the privilege of swimming and playing with them while on vacation in Jamaica. Dolphins are warm and remarkably intelligent mammals.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What a heartwarming video that really made my Monday! Thank you very much for sharing this with us!
S&F for you!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this video - it warmed my heart and gave me something to smile about. I have a cat who likes to use her paws like hands with me all the time, but seeing a cat reach out to a dolphin was something special.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join