It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama reads psalm 46-is it an encoded message?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I just ran across this article this morning. Obama is reading from Psalm 46, and I was just thinking about all this Elenin business. I was just wondering if it could be related. I'm not sure what to think about the whole elenin thing, but it could possibly be related to the 6.5 ton satellite that is about to fall (in which case most will be burned up during reentry). Here is the link-

news.yahoo.com...

for those that don't want to read the article, I will at least post the particular scripture in question.
1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.[c]

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

8 Come and see what the LORD has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields[d] with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

11 The LORD Almighty is with us;

Thank you all, and have a blessed day!
edit on 12-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: it is psalm 46, not 42

edit on 12-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

You should correct your title, he read from Psalm 46. The '46' might be relevant.

st.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Yes, I corrected it in my post. Mods, would it be possible to change it from psalm 42 to psalm 46. My mistake haha. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Wouldn't THAT be the height of arrogance?

The Elite does like to tell the masses what's going to happen...and the clever ones will be needed for the post-apocalypse breeding program!!!

PLAY DUMB, everyone!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Yes, I corrected it in my post. Mods, would it be possible to change it from psalm 42 to psalm 46. My mistake haha. Thank you.

It's easy to change. Just click the edit tab (on the top right of your post) and correct the title.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

When I heard what he was reading yesterday my jaw dropped. I never expected him to read anything of that nature and when I heard it.....could NOT believe what I was hearing and frankly..still can't. He has been doing a lot of "God" talk lately and then yesterday with the passage of Psalms....just find it every weird....odd....troubling really.

Bush.....he looked as if he was scared and or ashamed. I am sure it is just me reading too much into both of them yesterday but for some reason.....I just cannot get over the facts.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Oh god, theres a secret message TPTB are going to make reality.
This s what happens when people believe in gimmicks.......be careful what you wish for.
As for this, im keeping an eye out.
Get ready for impact.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What this does ,is to drip info to the masses using a psalm so the people don't go crazy as it happens.
Subtle yes, effective? Well it never too late to wake people up.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What am I missing here?

He read some stuff out of a book of bronze age myths. Nothing that you listed causes me any concern. Exactly what about that passage should instill fear in me? How is what he read any more or less vague and nonsensical than any other part of that book?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
That is a good question. In the event Elenin or any other "near earth object" were on a collision course with earth I doubt any industrialized nation's government would tell the public. If they felt a collision was inevitable telling the public would only lead to mass panic and possible mass-migration. I think we all know that if the rumored underground facilities are real and for the purpose of CoG/species perservation, even if there is space for millions of people there would not be enough resources underground to sustain such a population including waste management and long term storable food. Like many others I speculate about Elenin, YU-55, Nemesis, etc but at the end of the day an official warning would not change a thing for the vast majority of the population. In the event such a thing ever happens, TPTB wouldn't want millions of panic-stricken people in between them and any safe haven they might have.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I thought that this was an interesting interpretation of psalm 46.
Source

The first part (verses 1-3) is a defiant declaration of confidence. Not only is God our refuge and strength. We will not be afraid even if we have to face earthquakes, explosions, floods and mountains falling into the sea. Saying that we should believe this is faith at its most romantic. Believing it when we are caught in the middle of a 9/11, an earthquake or a flood is faith at its most challenging. The ancient people of israel; rose to the challenge because of their experiences. The second part of the psalm (verses 4-7) describes an experience of delivrance from catastrophe. The tone of the author's poetry undergoes a surprising change. The waters that were roaring and foaming in verse 3 become the gentle streams of a life-giving river that symbolises God's grace. It gladdens the holy city where He dwells (verse 4). This is Zion which will neverfall even when nations are in uproar and melting away (verses 5-6). In the third part of the psalm the author praises God for his protection and for destroying Israel's enemies and their military equipment. This is probably an historical reference to some epic delivrance of Jerusalem from one of the sieges by attacking armies it faced during the first millennium BC. The destruction of Sennacherib's Assyrian army in 701 BC by plague when it was encamped outside the walls of Jerusalem is the most likely episode to have been in the psalmist's mind. The most dramatic moment in this triumphant account of past delivrances comes when God intervenes with the words: Be still and know that I am God (verse 10). It is an instruction that people under pressure, so often subsumed in the noise, hustle and bustle of their worldly priorities, would do well to take to heart. Sometimes it takes a crisis or catastrophe to bring us into contact with God. but if we want to listen to him and get to know him we must follow his command: Be still.

edit on 12-9-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
They mean the gummint

2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
more government control of society when ELENIN hits and causes disaster

3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.[c]
we will have disasters like tsunamis and quakes worldwide

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
relating to the USA

God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
the kingdom of the USA will fail

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
FEMA is our fortress

8 Come and see what the LORD has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields[d] with fire.
The war in the middle east ends

10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
Alien disclosure...now the Annuanki have returned from ELENIN revealing themselves as our creators

11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
The annunaki is now with us

Get ready for impact
edit on 12-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Could this be the reason for "no clergy"...? So Mr. Obama could be seen as the spiritual leader...????

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I know this is too simplistic.

But - as most Americans believe in a god - - - they have a need to feel comforted by religious words on 9/11.

The president obliged.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
He also read part of psalm 46 at the arizona shootings speech. Parts 4-5 I think.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Only if people knew more about the bible,My view is way different, like Jesus is not Yeshua he is Isous(in greek) in roman Je-Zeus(Apollo) has son of Zeus the (Alpha and Omega) .Thats why the Father of langueges is greek.
Yeshua is Amun RA sun god of night (moon god)that why we say Amen
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I dont think so

hecate goddess -stateu of liberty
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It is just a continuation of him never quoting from the New Testament only from the Old Testament.

Apparently no one ever notices that simple fact.

A person who claims to be a Christian and not a Muslim would use quotes from the New Testament.

But he never has.

He doesn't want to make his Muslim brothers angry.

If he started quoting from the New Testament then he would have to start using quotes from the Quran also.

But to be politically correct he only quotes from the book that is included in the Hebrew,Christian and Muslim faiths.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sing a new song...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

www.youtube.com.../a/f/1/KRuj-VB2jwY
real music

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join