It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elenin Haters and a Simple Question

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

no one hates elenin - its simply an inanimate celestial body

quite a few people however are getting pissed of by the idiotic chicken littles claims of doom

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
ELENIN is coming. GET YOUR CRAP AND RUN!!! Lol crazy conspiracy theorist. Don't you know facts are for intelligent people?

Look even if it were true and Elenin (the Jupiter size comet) did hit the planet. What are you gonna do about it. Send up Bruce Willis with a good theme song and a few nukes. No your gonna die. Nothing you can do about it.

If I Nasa said the moon is getting smaller every ten years. The numerologist would come crawling out of the wood work. Acceleration times pi plus wind speed times amperage plus the title of the last Beatles album divided by the mole I found just today on my butt cheek = the moon is spinning out of control and going to kill us all. Crazy But true!!

All of a sudden Youtube videos everywhere with titles like. "911 cause moon to spin out of orbit", "NWO and Illuminati planned the Collapse of the Moon", "Moon out of Orbit Trump Mining for Gold"

Seriously folks we can't photograph a good picture of a UFO, an Alien, A Ghost, even Bigfoot. Somehow we can take a picture a few light years away that explains everything. Really?

I think the impending doom. Is right here. And there are def bigger fish to fry. Economy, Rigged Election, Government Covers up. Corruption. If the big boulder in the sky is gonna hit us. There's nothing you can do about it.

The Internet has spoken!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Char-Lee

I think the place to start is why you and people like DJW001 contribute regularly tot he site.

Why do you contribute regularly?

Isn't it okay to bring some facts to the table?
Isn't it okay to be logical and test the issues being claimed?

That sounds fine but it seems like you guys are putting down people who dare entertain conspiracy theory and not just believe mainstream sources. In that case i can imagine why a person would want to be on these particular threads unless they just get a kick putting people down as this is the proper place to bring alternative thought to the table.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I really can't believe that I just read a thread that claims you-tube is a better source of information than science. EVERY single thing that happens now is a coverup, you-tube says so. The government is behind everything, or aliens, or an invisible planet or brown dwarf or HARP, and these same people would point and laugh at someone who believes in God and call it ridiculous, while carrying on about all YOUR invisible forces and INVISIBLE conspiracies. Then you point at science, and call it lies. But the wild theories with no proof at all, there is the truth. Insane.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That sounds fine but it seems like you guys are putting down people who dare entertain conspiracy theory and not just believe mainstream sources. In that case i can imagine why a person would want to be on these particular threads unless they just get a kick putting people down as this is the proper place to bring alternative thought to the table.

There are lots of interesting things out there. Elenin hitting the Earth is simply not possible. Elenin having a large mass is simply not possible. Elenin having a large diameter is simply not possible. Pointing out the reasons is important and has been done countless times.

In bftroop's ppost www.abovetopsecret.com... we see how nonsensical ideas are blended into nutty stories. Their spoof of the claims of Elenin is fun to read.

If you think that repeatedly showing that the claims make no sense at all is putting someone down, then maybe you need to ask yourself why people repeatedly post material they should now know is false.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Umm, yes, we do know. It is called science. Once you know some science, you can remove half the uncertainty in your life. Elenin is one thing you DON'T have to worry about.

If you continue to ignore all evidence and the hundreds of years of carefully developed science, your view of the world is forever controlled by fear of this and that. If you learn some mathematics, physics, basic chemistry and biology, etc, you can finally understand what contingencies can be completely and totally ruled out. They no longer become a concern.

When you are trying to sift through all that information which is out there, too vast for any single human being to work through, you can eliminate half of it without giving it another thought. People who understand science do not worry about comets turning out to be harbingers of death and/or colliding with earth, and they are NEVER wrong.

Yes, comets can hit the earth and have done so in the past. But science can predict orbits with tremendous accuracy. A comet cannot be on a course that will miss earth by as much as Elenin and then suddenly decide to change its mind and start on a collision course with earth. It's all down to mathematics. We not only know what the course will be, but we know what the error in the measurements is and know precisely how wrong we can be. In the case of Elenin, there is NO chance of it hitting earth, and that's that.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Thread Title:

"The Elenin Haters..."

Lol... Elenin has feelings.

Originally posted by gwydionblack
It is comments of ignorance and know it all's that make me absolutely despise ATS.

Let me point this out to everyone who thinks they KNOW about Elenin.

YOU DON'T.

You don't know if there is any merit to the Elenin doomsayers.
You don't know if Elenin is going to hit or not.
You don't know if Elenin is going to have any affect whatsoever on the Earth as it passes.
You don't know if Elenin is even broken apart.

YOU DON'T KNOW.

Link: Comet Elenin Comet of Doom Self-Destructs

Reports are coming in that Comet Elenin is breaking up. This is somewhat of a surprise, but not unexpected or uncommon. Comets like Elenin that come from the far reaches of the solar system sometimes break up as the approach or leave the Sun. Their orbits bring them very close to the Sun where the comet is subjected to horrendous gravitational tidal forces of the Sun.

Lol... Nope. We know nothing about this comet.

Someone must have missed the memo. Elenin is going to be dust soon.

edit on 9/13/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Elenin is coming to kill everyone!!!!!

If you give me all your valuables I will provide you a safe bunker..... Take it or leave it

P.S. I will not be in the bunker with you....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The Elenin "Lovers" (if they are the opposite of the Haters) give me a real window into human behavior. Its amazing to me how no matter how far we have come, Humans still want to point to the sky and run for cover. From an evolutionary standpoint I can almost understand this, afterall each of us represents a genetic line that has survived some real "extinction level events". We know bad stuff drops from the sky (be it spiders, Eagles or multi ton rocks). However as far as Elenin is concerned we have real data that there is no danger and no matter how much our instincts want us to run for cover, or how much we want to see a Tiger in the tall grass, the danger just isn't there.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

...how long did it take you to sit there and actually try to find some insignificant meaning to this...

isn't named Elenin because of the discoverer of the comet, Leonid Elenin ? anywho, I believe that this comet is going to pass by, and we'll have a lovely meteor shower to watch, and if not! Then see you all on the other side!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
Umm, yes, we do know. It is called science.

Um, yes, this thing called science used to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the world was flat.

Maybe if NASA wasn't so secretive about Elenin and actually named it after the guy who really discovered it instead of hijacking it with a very easy name to skew about, maybe there wouldn't be so many conspiracies surrounding it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Love all the elenin theories flying about, all the threads too, gonna get me my 20 posts quite soon just by putting my theory out there aswell!!

This whole Elenin business has covered just about every possible scenario except one!!
When the earth passes through the tail we are going to experience strange events here on earth, this was predicted in the 1986 Stephen King film Maximum overdrive.

www.imdb.com...

God help us all when our toasters come to life and try to kill us!!

Well its about as plausable as some of the other "theories" out there!!!!!
Very entertaining film BTW incase you aint seen it!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It`s bloody 22 million miles away!...It`s slightly ill...cos it got a bit of sunburn. It`s a small dirty snowball....

It will pass by...
It`s not going to hit..

.Phage my darling will you just explain once more to these `doomsayers`....your much coveted research....

Poor Phage...must be getting as sick as the rest of us explaining...jeez...it`s like being in a playground these days!

Even if a comet....(another comet) came close by its mainly made up of ice and would prob explode over in atmosphere....

I think also for any event there would be relative preparedness (now I now I`m putting my neck on the line here because everyone seems to think we`re in the dark because it would spread panic)...Well maybe our governments would like some people to stay alive....everyone trounces governments, no one believes them....and that it`s survival of the fittest or the ones that are aware.
Actually, I think we would know......lots of amateur astronomers (thank you for all the work you do) Technologically, we are in advancement of such things which is Why NEAR was formed. No such thing existed when I was growing up!- we`ve come such a long way in tracking asteroids, meteors, comets etc...potential celestial bodies posing a threat to our planet...so don`t be so harsh. And money HAS been ploughed into these projects...takes a lot of funding ya know.

Just as a side note...but slightly relevant I had the pleasure of watching Apollo 18 at the cinema last night...and when I went onto you tube it was trashed by the 16 yr olds to 24 yr olds who are totally out of touch.(and prefer films like 'saw')..Pity they didn`t grow up knowing about the moon landings etc...just total drivel...One person actually thought all the shuttles landed on the moon...'no they went to re fuel ISS and repair satellites'...`Really?...was the reply 'Whats the ISS?...'
Whats a lunar module? how did the three astronauts get back?...'No only two landed and the other one circled the moon?'...well how does that work then...JEEZ
- so this is why I am so despairing of some of the posts recently on ATS as I suppose a lot of our newer members are younger....GEN Y's go do your research more...and stop posting up such CRAP!

Close the door behind you when you leave!!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
...I have been following the Elenin story for months now and have learned that I know nothing about it. All I do know is that a celestial object will pass between the Sun and the Earth... I think. If Elenin is an Extinction Level Event, then I hope I die quickly, although, I really don't believe it to be. But if it is, then I don't want to be one of the few wandering around constantly on the search for my next meal. If that were the case then it will be a slow death.

I believe the only people who will survive something like that are people who currently have to search daily for their food. We folks in the Civilized World will perish in time. How many of us really know how to live without electricity?, How to grow our own food?, how to hunt?... Not very many. In that respect, we're doomed.

So whatever happens, happens. I'm not worried about it. I really believe come December, we'll be laughing about all of this... I hope.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Elenin

Ele Nin

Eleven Nine

Nine Eleven.

Dooms day comet or whatever it is, code named elenin? Sounds too much of a coincidence.

Haha wow. Nice connection there. Let me try with my name.
Milkmustache

Milk Must Ache

Milk Must Stash

Must Stash Milk

Too much of a coincidence there. I must be a milk hoarder.

I don't think there is any kind of conspiracy about this comet. If there was, what would be the point of letting the public possibly figure it out by cracking some hidden code in the name of the comet? This isn't a movie where we have to let the audience know that there is a conspiracy by placing the code in an obvious spot for some genious to crack and ruin some sinister plan; no this is real life, if this comet poses some major threat they will keep it a secret to the end, no point in letting everyone know.

edit on 13-9-2011 by milkmustache because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to waveydavey
God help us all when our toasters come to life and try to kill us!!
Well its about as plausable as some of the other "theories" out there!!!!!
Very entertaining film BTW incase you aint seen it!!

LOL...Now I'm scared of my toaster...is there a technical name for it?......I found a facebook page dedicated to fear of toasters....and I have a four slice one so thats even worse.......

There are also people afraid of carpets!...weird world!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

One thing you haven't realized however is that some human beings,spirits here on earth,inside human bodies like all of us...are given knowledge of events to occur,some even the sequence of SOME of the events. So no,this comet will no irradicate humanity,it will not cause a pole shift nor have any "deep impact" moment.
These are simply certain things that will not occur,and whether you like it or not,some people are given knowledge upfront about this "earth".Because life on Earth can be seen to it's ''final day'' by those BEYOND, the highly advanced creators of the matrix of this Universe(not creators of spirits mind you,just this playground,this universe).

There's still many events that have not come to pass,that will in the coming years,so no,this comet will not destroy anything or have a ''deep impact". This is nto based on science,this is based on knowledge from beyond,who already see and know how "Earth" is going to play out.
edit on 9/13/2011 by Valeri because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

That is a straw man argument. This is not about probabilities. It is science and not guess work. Well, you guessed and you are wrong.

Now you claim that science is 100% accurate. Would you like me to go into the annuls of history and provide detailed exampled of how science has been proven wrong time and time again. People herald science as the only truth in the world, but when you believe something based on faith alone, much like some people do with science - it becomes no better then religion. We do not know everything about this universe regardless of what some people might thing. Everything is a probability.

It is a logical fallacy to assign probabilities to the situation.

My original argument was based on probability so I am not "assigning" anything. You are dismissing what I stated in my original post. And if this is a logical fallacy, I would like to know how. More of your statements with nothing to back it up.

Sorry, but none of that is relevant. It is your arrogant belief that people are not capable of determining the outcome. I say they can and do on a regular basis. Yes, people are capable of determining that Elenin is not a danger.

Arrogant belief? It is called realism. You like to claim exactly what this comet will do based on repetition of events, well guess what - based on that same belief, based on repetition of human actions and predictions, I can say with utmost certainty that humans are incapable of determining the outcome of anything. You are the arrogant one. Even people at NASA themselves wouldn't go on to say that their charts and statistics are anything more than the highest probability. You look at meteorologists tracking a hurricane and they will tell you they are tracking it based on the highest probability.

If you believe that science is anything more than educated guesswork, then you have obviously not payed attention to any scientific developments for the past two centuries.

Sorry, you are mistaken. An object's movements are subject to the forces acting on them. A comet is no different.

Once again, your arrogance precedes you as you claim that you know ALL of the forces in outer space that might be acting on a comet. Please then, enlighten the scientific community with your claims. Why are you on ATS if you are such a bonified genius and know everything about the situation and what could/could not happen. Obviously, you should be working for NASA or JPL at this point.

Again, your wild eyed speculations are wrong. Had you anything to back up any of these crazy claims you'd have done that. You still can. Please back up any of these things I have pointed out as false.

That isn't my job. My claims are nothing more than possibilities and the burden of proof does not lie on me. This is my topic. You want to come in here and tell me I'm wrong - then tell me why. If not, then move along and don't bother wasting mine or anyone elses time.

It is a fallacy to claim that this is all from the government.

You seem to love the word fallacy a lot. It seems that when you can't answer something you instead like to claim it as "fallacy" and ignore it.

All you have is a lack of understanding that you are attempting to project unto others. Instead of criticizing others for understanding the issues you should consider becoming someone that knows why these things are known and verified.

Your ignorance makes you fail to realize that I don't really care about elenin whatsoever. Sure I have a passing interest because I read the topics, but you and many others obviously miss the point of this topic and continue to do so time and time again.

reply to post by juleol

So what exactly do you think it is then?? Blindly assuming it is now on collision course just because of reports about it breaking up is just silly.

I blindly assume nothing. I have thrown out a possibility. I do not have to believe in the possibility, nor do I have to stand behind that possibility, I am simply stating that the possibility is there. Do not take my logic of reasoning to be blind support for a subject.

reply to post by Endure

You read a thread that said youtube is a better source than science? Care to share the thread?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Most entertaining. I do not know what Elenin is, I don't much care either. Can't do a damn thing about and that's a fact. Don't hate it or discount it either. What I do have a problem with is people coming on here and stating "facts" and acting like that is the end of the conversation, I'm right and you are wrong, no supporting argument or sources given.
One of my favorites: If there was a brown dwarf out there, astronomers would see it. Go to Wikipedia.org and you will find that, according to them, the first brown dwarf was found after years of looking by government, university and amateurs in 1995. Why? Ya can't see the darn things without very specialized equipment. Equipment you don't get at Radio Shack.
Another: Gravity would be affecting other bodies in the solar system. Hmmm, very possible, but if the solar system were formed with a binary partner to our sun, the other bodies in the system would likely be "used" to it and would be stable enough that huge gravitational effects might not be happening or so slight as to not be noticeable. This is my opinion and it is based on an assumption that the solar system is mostly stable cuz the planets, moons, etc, are not smashing into each other every now and then. (A reasonable assumption methinks).
Another: NASA is a government entity, therefore, all they say is a lie. Well, as a Vietnam veteran, I KNOW the government lies, but I do not think they lie all of the time. I don't think the .gov lies about everything and I sure ain't gonna base the "truth" on such shaky ground. I would rather check multiple sources before I scream "liar".
Science, like the universe, the solar system and life in general is in flux. Things change, sometimes multiple times before the truth is found. There are no constants and very few truths which are unassailable.
Lets enjoy the moment and not act like somebody just killed our mother just because we don't agree.
In the final analysis, what will be, will be with or without our permission.
Live long and prosper.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
All i see on this topic, and a handful of others over an over again, is not debate or a collective of factual data. As to further our understanding of a topic by just presenting the relevant facts so we all go away content with our site community's findings. Rather than this happening we have a select few who dismiss any notion presented without pause for thought if this was the norm for scientific study we would not further our understanding or have break throughs in innovation which is only achieved through a small slice of imagination and on the other side we have the small amount of believers i call them that because they emphatically believe in some thing with out knowing facts you have probably heard this many times you are becoming like religionist so i say to them take pause and look up some material from credited sources because if this was the norm we would not have science at all an be running around still giving gods our only child. I am nether, but just a man who thinks this site is losing its self due to people arguing with ether, i used to be bullied physically in school an the internet is best and safest way to use my iq to bully back attitude, and the im lazy i believe but cant understand attitude

edit on 13/9/2011 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/9/2011 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join