It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elenin Haters and a Simple Question

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

It's ignorance, arrogance and ego! People need to know everything.

So, if Elenin looks like a comet (not really), acts like a comet (not really) and was prophesied/ Red Kachina (ignore it) then....let's break it up and pretend it never existed (which might be true but....)

See? See how it works? It's no wonder were stuck in cosmic kindergarten. We're just a bunch of new-age neanderthals that's all.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Since I'm so ignorant and arrogant could you please show me a picture where Elenin does not look like comet? Or how about a picture where it is red? Or maybe you can show me how Elenin is not behaving like a comet. Better yet, I would like to see a Hopi source for the Hopi prophecy because so far no one has been able to find one.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Since I'm so ignorant and arrogant could you please show me a picture where Elenin does not look like comet? Or how about a picture where it is red? Or maybe you can show me how Elenin is not behaving like a comet. Better yet, I would like to see a Hopi source for the Hopi prophecy because so far no one has been able to find one.

I never said you were ignorant but if the dunce-cap fits....................

Just kidding.

Nah. I don't want to prove/show anything m'friend. No offense. That's not my style.

Now of course, these are just my opinions based on things I've read. But I will say this:
It's been said by numerous sources (devoid NASA/JPL) that Elenin isn't/ wasn't behaving like a 'regular' comet. Hell it was only 'discovered' last year. How'd that elude science? That alone is very unusual.

Now I'm not jumping on the Hoagland space-craft wagon but I do get a 'red-flag' feel when it comes to this and Nemesis and Tyche and Hercolomus because ..................call me a CONSPIRACY THEORISTS (didn't mean to yell) but the mentions (of these huge objects within range of our solar system) is a little TOO serendipitous to Nibiru's supposed arrival.

I started a thread earlier today. Maybe you'll find it interesting?

PS Hope you don' t mind that I made you my friend.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The one thing that is interesting is unusual solar activity consistent with the influence of a highly magnetized body, we will know if elenin is anything interesting on the 14th. If it is what i think it is, a magnetized neutron star dragging junk with it, we should see a second "sun" or very bright bluish-red star rising in the east on or about that day just before sunrise.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
>>You don't know if there is any merit to the Elenin doomsayers.>You don't know if Elenin is going to hit or not.>You don't know if Elenin is going to have any affect whatsoever on the Earth as it passes.>You don't know if Elenin is even broken apart.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
hmmm i do get your point thats why am sat back relaxed and just see what happens, when i come on here it seems getting to the point where the trolls are out of control... i find it funny to come here and frustrated at the same time but before it was quite an interesting place to come to and read about other peoples opinions.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic

Originally posted by Chai_An
I'm a bit confused, when have NASA or any governmental organization been truthful and forthcoming?

Yeah remember that time NASA told us Hale-Bopp was nothing to worry about and that there was no spaceship with it, and then it hit the Earth and killed everyone and the aliens invaded the planet and took over? Bunch of liars, you can't trust anything they say!

So you trust everything they say?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by DJW001

I've actually thought the same thing. I haven't really seen many papers written on conspiracy theorists and this whole Elenin nonsense would be the perfect case study.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

I think the place to start is why you and people like DJW001 contribute regularly tot he site.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Hey Mr D.J
Did you happen to read the original post by gwydionblack?
This particular thread isnt meant for your participation. You can go ahead and keep notes on every person that has an original idea.
You can get behind your wise "leader" Phage on every topic and claim that they were your own opinions.
Or..........
You could stop clicking on these threads that make sense to some and not to others!
For alot of people it is entertaining and informative to listen to other peoples opinions. I think for you it would make more sense not to participate or you may just have a nervous breakdown.
For your own sake and mine go write your paper about internet hysteria that no one will ever read

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

It wasn't discovered until last year because prior to that its magnitude was too low to be noticed. Most comets aren't discovered until a year when they will be making perihelion/perigree. This is because prior to this the comet is not close enough to the Sun to begin outgassing which produces the coma. If it weren't for a comet's coma they would be practically invisible as they reflect little light and are tiny.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xxspockyxx

And if you want a one sided discussion go join GLP. The reason ATS is the premier conspiracy site is because it encourages skeptical thought and promotes having people look at all sides of an argument. It is because of this that ATS was a crucial part in debunking such hoaxes as the CARET drones and Serpo while other sites were buying into them hook, line, and sinker. Remember the site's motto is "Deny Ignorance." Last time I checked treating every YouTube video like its some major scientific breakthrough, while disregarding the work of trained professionals as "reckless speculation" is not denying ignorance, but it is that kind of thinking that has plagued these Elenin threads from the very beginning.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
u guys all got scammed by a comet nowhere close to earth!!!

hahahahaha

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It wasn't discovered until last year because prior to that its magnitude was too low to be noticed. Most comets aren't discovered until a year when they will be making perihelion/perigree. This is because prior to this the comet is not close enough to the Sun to begin outgassing which produces the coma. If it weren't for a comet's coma they would be practically invisible as they reflect little light and are tiny.

Not sure 'bout that. I can't seem to find any literature supporting your claim. However, I'm not dismissing it either.

But I think it's important in this discussion to differentiate an earthbound comet opposed to an Oort cloud comet.

I know modern man is quite new at this detecting/discovering quest (NEO, comets, asteroids, meteors, planets, stars, cycles etc) but for some strange reason, I have a feelin' ancient man knew a LOT more than we do despite our billion-dollar equipment and inflated ego!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Thank you for owning me on this subject! I appreciate it!
Apparently you and Mister D.J. have been going out to your back yard with a 20" telescope and have been plotting the course of this comet with due dillegence. Thanks for your effort!
Or.........
You may be buying into what the "official" story is?
Think for yourself for once Obama voter.
Have you answered the OPs question yet?
What caused this comet to have such speed to be orbiting our sun?
We have never seen this comet before and it apparently has not been in our neighborhood for thousands of years.
Why?
Do You, Phage or mister D.J have anything to add except for "YOU ARE ALL WRONG AND CRAZY"?
Maybe it was just a lense flare

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I think the shutting down of NASA Buzzroom did the most damage.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxspockyxx

Thank you for owning me on this subject! I appreciate it!
Apparently you and Mister D.J. have been going out to your back yard with a 20" telescope and have been plotting the course of this comet with due dillegence. Thanks for your effort!
Or.........
You may be buying into what the "official" story is?
Think for yourself for once Obama voter.
Have you answered the OPs question yet?
What caused this comet to have such speed to be orbiting our sun?
We have never seen this comet before and it apparently has not been in our neighborhood for thousands of years.
Why?
Do You, Phage or mister D.J have anything to add except for "YOU ARE ALL WRONG AND CRAZY"?
Maybe it was just a lense flare

Unlike waiting for Haley's comet or having unanswered questions surrounding the events of 9-11.....we WILL have a conclusive answer to the Elenin mystery very soon.

Now, whether or not we'll be around afterward to find out....is a whole 'nother story
(just kiddin')

But there's no sense (or use) going toe-to-toe with people who already made up their minds about something we're all just guessing at. So, I'd save my energy if I were you. You (we) might need to tap into it very shortly

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xxspockyxx

I actually did provide an answer to his question. I support the hypothesis that long period comets are disrupted by rogue stars. They could pass within several hundred thousand AU and still have enough of an effect to send comets hurtling towards the Sun from the Oort Cloud.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Here is what I KNOW about Elenin...I KNOW that I don't care about it at all.

The credible information says it isn't going to hit...conspiracy theorist with absolutely no expertise in astronomy say that information is false

Let's say it is false and it is going to hit...yeah...I don't care...I can't stop it...I couldn't "prepare" for something like that...I'll just roll with the punches.

I don't waste time worrying about things I have no control over.

Holykrap I agree with "outkast searcher"on something!!!.
i.e.:" I KNOW that I don't care about it at all."

Even if the "elenin is gonna hit us people"
had 100%certainty. I fail to see the importance of getting the early scoop by months of bickering and name calling over youtube videos made by amatuers.

I can't stop it.

I guess I could sit back in hunger in my hovel amid the "impact apocalypse"( death of crops from dust/smoke in the air) nod knowingly; wag a famished, bony finger and say "SEE I told you so!".
Big deal.
I have already been prepping for a number of other more likely scenarios."Nobody's getting out of here alive". life is a terminal condition.Somethings are just not survivable.
edit on 12-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think it was that dammed bullet from the Kennedy assassination.

Well, we all saw what it did to them twin towers, not to mention twin peaks which they ended & took off the air!

It rebounded at least seven times through Kennedy & co then continued out into space where it chipped a bit off Jupiter and caused the Comet to explode, which changed the course of the comet and slowed it down so now it's targeting earth as a cloaked fleet of spaceships and the Sumerians knew all about it first but the Maya and Hopi also knew about it because they lived in stone hovels and had society wide issues with malnutrition but they were so advanced. And then the electrical charge will cause earthquakes somewhere within a week or so of an almost alignment and then we'll all be killed just before we ascend because the Annunaki need gold and and don't realize that is one of the most abundant elements in the universe so they travel past billions of miles of perfectly available asteroids with high gold content to come her to Earth after being here years ago and apparently disappearing entirely for 3,000 odd years for unknown purposes just so they can come back again now and do whatever they did before only now we know they aren't gods and in fact are spiritual beings with an identity crisis, who probably haven't left us really but are coming back again.

or not.
edit on 12/9/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I've never come across a paper that states that claim, but just from looking at the history of different comets it seems like a lot of comets get discovered shortly before their perihelion. Which makes sense as a comet that's far out won't outgas. Just look at how much brighter Elenin got after its discovery. It started at a magnitude of around +19 and got up to a magnitude between +8 and +7. That an increase in brightness of over 10,000 times and it still couldn't be seen with the naked eye. Even a short period comet like Comet Honda was discovered close to its perihelion date.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join