It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsters of Anarchy - Post Collapse Security Considerations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I found this video and wanted to share it with you guys. It shows what we will be up against after TSHTF. This is very good information that everyone needs to take to heart about what they can expect in the days following a collapse of society. These are the people that will want you dead.

I have taken hand written notes and saved the video for future reference. Just wanted everyone to be prepared

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

its a walts fantasy of whats going to happen

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This video demonstrates a very real probability. You know that some people will either be too lazy or lack the know-how to survive and will take great pleasure in taking what you have. Thank you for posting this, OP. People need to think of ALL contingencies in order to survive. While this video may display a hypothetical group, there are all sorts of gangs and militant groups that will very likely behave just this way. Safety in numbers, yes... lucky for me, we have looked at all scenarios in the creation of our plan.

REMEMBER: develop your plan! Escape, water, food, shelter, security!

Stay Safe

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I believe its a true fact of what will happen. Take it however you want to take it. Its your life and you have to deal with what happens to yourself. I posted it for people who want to be prepared, not for those who refuse to take the blinders off their eyes. Thanks for your reply.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There are millions of people in the world today that live the life described here everyday. This scenario is certain WROL (Without Rule of Law).

After only 100 years or so (frontier days probably the last WROL days here) Americans are spoiled with a very thin veneer of civilization hiding the reality that's been human life for eons...

Americans that lived in the frontier were very high on hanging would be thugs. I think they understood human nature much better than we do and we're fat on the fruits of their labor sacrifice...for a little while longer anyhoo!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It may be a fantasy scenario to you IA, but it seems bone-chillingly realistic to me. Whoever made this video put a great deal of thought into it's creation, and appears to have a solid grasp of military tactics. How many people do you know that would stand a chance against such a well-organized unit like the one depicted?

The OP has the right idea.. take notes and then check out your own defenses while you still can. I guarantee you'll come away shaking your head just like me. I never considered the possibility of looters being clever enough to cover my retreat points. I violated rule #1 of survival.. Never underestimate your opponent or get complacent.

It's funny, I just posted a reply about how I had lost my focus! After watching this video, It's been restored, and I realize I'm not near as smart or clever as I thought. Thanks OP for the wake up call. Starred and flagged!

edit on 12-9-2011 by Redwing48 because: correct grammar

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwing48

It's funny, I just posted a reply about how I had lost my focus! After watching this video, It'shas been restored, and I realize I'm not near as smart or clever as I thought. Thanks OP for the wake up call. Starred and flagged!

A couple of my lifelong friends and I have been preparing for a couple of years now, making plans, discussing different scenarios that might take place and so on. This video made me realize that we didnt have nearly all the bases covered. It also showed me that in these situations, hardly anything is as it seems to be. Be safe Redwing...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If you are in the city: MOVE, if you are in the country you will be safe at least until FEMA moves you. Your best bet to "stay put" would be owning a very remote cottage with good land near it and living in a small apartment in a small town away from big cities.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

There are millions of people in the world today that live the life described here everyday. This scenario is certain WROL (Without Rule of Law).

After only 100 years or so (frontier days probably the last WROL days here) Americans are spoiled with a very thin veneer of civilization hiding the reality that's been human life for eons.

That "very thin veneer of civilization" is going to break down very rapidly in an economic collapse where there is no food, fuel, or basic necessities to sustain everyday life. There will be numerous WROL Groups out there hunting you for what you have...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
If you are in the city: MOVE, if you are in the country you will be safe at least until FEMA moves you. Your best bet to "stay put" would be owning a very remote cottage with good land near it and living in a small apartment in a small town away from big cities.

Even a remote cottage is only safe if you dont make any noise to let people know you are there. Like the video says, sound carries for miles in a remote location when everything is quiet. I agree with you though, a remote location is the safest place to be as long as you widen the perimeter around your compound, since in a remote location there are numerous places for those wishing you harm to hide, such as brush, trees and hills.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wow this is a very interested thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If you live less than 25 miles from any major metropolitan area you're too close! Should the S*** hit the fan you'll have refugees by the droves heading your way. Think locust..
edit on 12-9-2011 by Redwing48 because: correct spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
what type of tactics would you use to defend from these type of people? like what could you call it so i can google it :p

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Standard military tactical strategy for capture and siege. If they are that organized you need distant early warning that is relatively passive and silent to the raiders. Starting your own gang and using a few well placed claymore mines and having a huge cache of ammunition would be a good start to a fighting chance. Inexpensive infrared portable lasers could be used to temporarily or permanently disable snipers.

If it comes to true WWROL for the foreseeable future like mad max I see no real reason to continue.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by susej

It's difficult enough to keep hunters and squatters of my property right now. These guys would definitely be bad news!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Does anyone else know any military strategies

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Kennylee,

Great video posted!

Dissecting it into its elements the video gives it own answers on whats needed to counter organized hunter groups. (non-military bad actors)

1. Think OPSEC, before, during and after a SHTF scenario. Noise, light, communication security as well as human intelligence were used against the prepper's in the video.

An example would be building an obviously fortified gate onto a property that advertised you have something worth taking, make things as innocuous looking as possible.

Communications by wired device from OP's is advised so that comm's cannot be monitored. Patrol outer perimeter well ahead of time to identify likely OPFOR observation positions as well as infiltration/exfiltration routes for OP and patrol observation.

Warn and organize non-prepped neighbors about danger, if possible provide means of communication using codeword and duress codes. This can provide large advance time and still not compromise OPSEC. Mutual aid agreements can be life or death, carefully planned it offers great advantage.

Never ever let even the most innocent appearing strangers onto your retreat - their is no way to know if this is recon or not.

Set-up early warning system - there are no false alarms

2. Plan & practice, do it again and again with half your team attacking, half defending until every scenario you can dream up has been played out. Any weaknesses will become apparent during frequent and multiple exercise's - don't forget bug-out in face of superior numbers.

3. Set defense, military odds for attacking a prepared defensive position says 3 to 1 odds needed for attackers. It was superior numbers that allowed attack and maneuver by hunter group in video along with planning and recon.

If at all possible channel areas of approach by whatever means available, down trees, cut brush, fill depressions, level small rises. Leave some area of concealment but not cover that leads OPFOR into ambush or area of advantage to your team response. Any area of approach left should have at a minimum two pre-planned methods of crossfire to reduce or eliminate OPFOR maneuver at ambush.

4. Counter-attack, once OPFOR is pinned it absolutely vital to turn the tables with no hesitation, use whatever reserve is available and flank for attack - attacking forces of this type rarely consider going over to the defense - only concern is retreat if raid goes bad. If you allow retreat bet that remaining OPFOR will be back again with stronger numbers. No mercy!

Comments,
On channeled approaches use any passive means of detection available, trip wires, electronics, wireless cameras, wireless microphones, sand field, plowed area (footprints) - basically any advance warning of being reconnoitered turns the tables on these miscreants.

In my way of thinking best defense is to attack! if I discover I'm being watched I will track these people back and ambush main OPFOR group at time and place of my choosing away from retreat. If not that then at least capture or eliminate these individuals for any intell that can be derived.

If its affordable have OP personnel equipped with gen 2 or 3 NVG for night observation.

Everyone man, woman or child should have firearm close by at all times along with B.O. bag even when doing mundane tasks.

Everyone should have a different route to at least two meet-up/cache sites in case of bug out.

Observe cache site from distance but do not hang about in case they become compromised.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
BUMP

As the time grows nearer for the SHTF, I wanted to bump this for those who havent seen the video. It could save your life in the future. Peace.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
This video demonstrates a very real probability. You know that some people will either be too lazy or lack the know-how to survive and will take great pleasure in taking what you have. Thank you for posting this, OP. People need to think of ALL contingencies in order to survive. While this video may display a hypothetical group, there are all sorts of gangs and militant groups that will very likely behave just this way. Safety in numbers, yes... lucky for me, we have looked at all scenarios in the creation of our plan.

Stay Safe

But it's a valid survival strategy.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkmasn

Originally posted by Invariance

Stay Safe

But it's a valid survival strategy.

Are you saying that to steal from others is a valid survival strategy? You do know that more than likely you will have to kill them also? If this is what you are implying, you should come try that out my way. See what the results would be.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join