It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Spartacus' Star Andy Whitfield Dies At 39

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

'Spartacus' Star Andy Whitfield Dies At 39

www.npr.org

Very sad news: Andy Whitfield, the star of Spartacus: Blood And Sand on Starz, has died of cancer at 39. Whitfield's diagnosis came after the shooting of that season, and he had to drop out of the series — Spartacus will be played by Liam McIntyre in the upcoming run of episodes, called Spartacus: Vengeance. This summer at press tour
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Most of us thought he would eventually get better, even if he wasn't returning to the show. This is really unexpected news. It sounded like he would eventually recover. I don't think anyone was expecting this.

If you've never seen Spartacus, I highly recommend it. It's one of the best shows I've ever watched.

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-9-2011 by Gannicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
And everyone from Jersey Shore is left alive. It's a cruel world.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Yeah pretty sad indeed. I don't watch much TV and even less shows, but spartacus along with dexter where one of the fews shows that I did bother watchiing. RIP

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I'm speechless!

I never thought it would come to this and so soon! .... he is already missed!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

Spartacus is a big favorite in our household and when Andy was first diagnosed and replaced by another Australian look-a-like actor, we were really hoping he would recover.

RIP Andy Whitfield will be sorely missed.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If any of you enjoy Spartacus......you'll really like Rome too.

Of those who have missed the TV series so far, past episodes are out on DVD and worth purchasing. We are already watching reruns.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I was gutted by this news today. As you say, everyone kind of took for granted that he would survive it. In some ways his illness was underplayed. It's a real tragedy for such a talent to die so young and especially as he was just receiving world wide recognition for his role as Spartacus. Had he lived, I have no doubts that he would have ended a very reputable actor.

This little short was one of the last things he did while he while he was in temporary remission from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. A parody of the video game Time Crisis.

R.I.P Andy Whitfield

IRM

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Very very sad

Great actor, totally believable as Sparticus.

Honourable on screen and off.

Will be missed, I dont think I will be able to watch the new actor.

There is no fricken justice in the world :-(

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That's a very sad news
I know he wasn't going to come back in the show but I never thought cancer would take his life and especially so soon. It's my favorite show and I really feel so bad about this guy. RIP Andy.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
so sad only the good die young i am sure all the fans here in Australia will be so upset by this news R.I.P.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I am very saddened by this news. The show was great and he was awesome as the role of Spartucus. It won't be the same without him. RIP Andy.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Big shocker, I was a huge fan.

He will be very sadly missed, he had a great talent and off screen he was a great man too.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I guess there aren't many Spartacus fans here.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

well...what few of us there are..

we are saddened by this news...

what a great guy he was....

only damn show i ever liked lately...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Who is really surprised that this show was somehow cancelled before Spartacus rebelled against his slavers?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
Who is really surprised that this show was somehow cancelled before Spartacus rebelled against his slavers?

What on Earth are you talking about? It wasn't cancelled, and there was a rebellion. There was a prequel that was released earlier this year and now season 2 in the making. I think you need to get out, breath some fresh air and do research before you start getting all conspiratorial.

IRM

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

The show is not cancelled. Australian actor, Liam McIntyre has replaced Andy Whitfield for the next instalment of Spartacus!!!

Here's a picture of him in the article:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

I'm late, but it's not canceled. Where did you get that idea?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Is a show ever the same when the lead actor dies?

This show is done for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join