It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens sending probes?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Could it be possible that aliens just like us have sent probes to our planet? i dont mean UFO'S or things like that i mean things not as advanced like the mars rover, we do have a huge planet so IF they did it could be in a desert or jungle or basicaly anyware even populated areas at a push.

Please dont troll this is a genuin question if we can do it why wouldnt others?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
Could it be possible that aliens just like us have sent probes to our planet? i dont mean UFO'S or things like that i mean things not as advanced like the mars rover, we do have a huge planet so IF they did it could be in a desert or jungle or basicaly anyware even populated areas at a push.

That seems like a logical first step in a new place. I think it is entirely possible and they probably have. Maybe the UFO's people see are probes, just big ones.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
lol....so they have the advanced technology to get here...but they place lunar landers in random jungles and deserts of the world?? I doubt it

What would be the purpose of this exactly?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Maybe they have a problem breathing the #ty air of ours.. Could be. Or maybe they feel that they are not welcome here. But I doubt, because us human we are so friendly species

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
lol....so they have the advanced technology to get here...but they place lunar landers in random jungles and deserts of the world?? I doubt it

Just because I have a ship that can travel near Jupiter, doesn't mean I'd find it safe to just park it in the middle of a street there.

On topic: I do believe there's people that believe some of the sightings are actually probes, not alien craft.
Flying it above everything is 1) easier (don't have to worry about terrain), 2) gives a better view and 3) safer (out of range of bad stuff)
So the idea of probes seems very possible to me, and if they are real, I'd say they are flying around.
They could even have stealth, so while not having to worry about terrain and safety, people wouldn't even see or feel it

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Probes? Could be. That would explain the high turn rates and acceleration that is often seen during sightings. Flesh and blood could not survive the G forces, pure machines......................

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

The same purpose that we send probes to the moon and mars just becouse you cant see colonys of people or aliens doesnt mean they are not there and who says IF they did send them they wouldnt send some to study our jungles or deserts? it would be a whole new world to them why would you just be intrested in viewing humans we are f*****g boring

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have little doubt that other intelligent civilizations throughout the galaxy have, through stages of their development, have used space probes as a means of gathering information about the universe around them. Depends on the speed of the probes if they would do any good actually exploring anything. I mean, what civilization is going to wait 1,000-10,000 years or more for results? But then again, if they can warp space, traverse wormholes, or "jump" to points using tech we can't even imagine yet......I would assume that their probes would be highly intelligent (borderline sentient) and would not need to enter any planet's atmosphere in order to gather serious amounts of data. Much less thinking such an advanced craft could possible crash, and if it did even then I bet it would have a failsafe that would ensure complete destruction beyond recognition.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My opinion regarding your question:

I do think that we were visited in the past by aliens, I'd rather call them ancestors. However, I do belive that the UFO's that we see today are our own crafts, and not alien. And I would like to explain my theory:

My theory starts with WW2. We have found out in history that the Nazis were producing disk shaped flying objects at the Skoda factory in the Chech Republic (Today - formerly Chechoslovakia). You can find out a lot of info here on ATS regarding the issue. We also know that the Nazis were extremely inclined towards misticism, ezoteric studies, ancient civilisations and so on. I bet, and this is my belief and I do not hold any proof of this, but I bet that during their research in Egipt, Asia, South America and so on, they stumbled upon some ancient relics of ancient advanced civilisations. And you can see this in the events of WW2, nazis started out with a bit of an advantage regarding military tech and then they had a breakthrough, they started to build better and better weapons, rockets, nuclear bombs, jet fighters, disk shaped flying craft, etc. The thing came after WW2, as the top scientists went to the US and the russians took entire factories back to Russia and engineers. I live in Romania and it happened here also, two large airplane factories were moved entirely to the Soviet Union, with their engineers. The US started to build extremely advanced weapons and tech, using the knowledge of the nazi scientist, the russians started on the same path, having access to documents, technology and engineers stolen from the germans and other nations, however they lacked the knowledge of the top scientist. Here comes the part that intrigues me, we use computers and cell phones today that 50 years ago sounded like science fiction, technology in the last 10 years has gone to unbelieveble extents, yet, we use the same types of aircraft invented in 1906 by Henry Coanda, The Jet Engine for aircraft. Also, if anybody wants me to belive that the engines we use in our cars work based on the principles of the engines developed 100 years ago and no new power source was invented in the meanwile, let me just say that is bull*. Look where we are with technology and we are still using fossil fuels for our cars and planes and rockets.. Let me just say Ha Ha to this. I am convinced we do have technologies that today we see only in SciFi movies, however, I am also convinced that if these technologies would be made public today would cause global anarchy. Just imagine, all the car manufacturesrs would be made void, all the oil producers would be rendered useless, houndreds of millions would be left unemployed and this would not benefit anybody. I do think that the best moment to make public these techs would've been after WW2 when the world was reconstructing, but this did not happen. Now, such an endeavor, taken abruptly would cause a global collapse an I personally think they are taking one step at a time. The auto manufacturers are adapting to electric cars, nuclear power is more and more controversial, etc.

As a conclusion, i think those are all our crafts, that the next 20 years will be amazing, and that we will slowly migrate and adopt those techs

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The possibility that UFOs are drones (at least some of them) i.e manless flying objects is quite big.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

The possibility that UFOs are drones (at least some of them) i.e manless flying objects is quite big.

How do you know that? While I think the possibility of intelligent life in the universe is big, I will be the first to admit I have nothing concrete to base that on, it's just my opinion.

But when you state something like this, without any supporting text as to why/how you came to such a conclusion what are we supposed to take away from your useless, one line post?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I would say if we follow our own efforts into space exploration, where we are increasingly using probes instead of humans, then it would make sense the ufo's we see are some form of probes/drones. The probes probably return with reports of no intelligent life and move to the next planet

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
That's what I've always assumed they were, probes. Why send a living entity thousands upon thousands of years away just to look at us (assuming they don't utilize wormholes)? Perhaps wormholes can't support life, so it's just machines that are able to make it through. If there were living beings, that would say to me that they are a lot closer than we would have ever imagined, or the 'mothership' is nearby...

Now if they aren't using wormholes, then it's almost guaranteed to be just a probe unless their entire civilization is very near.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
well if there is life on other planets and they know about us, it seems reasonable to assume they would have sent something by now

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I would say if we follow our own efforts into space exploration, where we are increasingly using probes instead of humans, then it would make sense the ufo's we see are some form of probes/drones. The probes probably return with reports of no intelligent life and move to the next planet

Or report, "Hey, there is a LOT of food down there!"

To the OP. I've said it before I'll say it again. IF (and I mean a big "IF") we are being visited by an intelligent race then they would do so using the same methods we are using ourselves. Why send a squishy biological when you can send a robust robot to do the job?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WeekendWarrior

Assuming aliens are capable of breathing in our atmosphere. To assume life in the cosmos is based on us is a bit of a stretch.

Also, just because aliens have the capability of sending a probe to another solar system doesnt mean its capable of making its own determination when it comes to life and whether or not to hide from it. I would guess its possible, just as our scientists take into account, that alien science might taek into account the possibility of life existing on another planet and to take steps to curtail exposure (or the introduction of foreign life from the probe itself).

Until we find ET, or until ET finds us, its only a guess.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Probes? Could be. That would explain the high turn rates and acceleration that is often seen during sightings. Flesh and blood could not survive the G forces, pure machines......................

This is an interesting topic, but I would have to agree with MainLineThis, that any space alien probe should not penetrate Earths atmosphere, and should be complete with a self destruct button.

I would think that any advanced alien civilization would not send any unmanned probes to investigate our planet, based on my shared opinion, that the threat of capture of said probe, could bring a technological breakthru to any country that captured the alien probe be they good or evil.

Just imagine that any robot probe - Could go completely bonkers, and procede to destroy our entire planet, just because of some computer glich.

Granted that any sentient space being's would have robot's, when they visit our planet, but the robot's would not be used as probes; but if need be - Used to bring about the elimination of Earths entire human race.

My question... Is that if the space alien's have the capability of having their starship operate with anti grav properties, could they not also be free of any G Forces when a EBE operates their starship in any gravitional enviroment?

Thanks,

Erno86

edit on 12-9-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 12-9-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 12-9-2011 by Erno86 because: added unmanned probe

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've always thought some of the unexplained craft/lights that's been reported throughout history and especially since our nuclear age is more likely than not, alien probes. We do it, why wouldn't another intelligent species do it?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo

It's a very good question, but I would ask, why now? Over the billions of years of Earth's history, it is far more probably that probes reached us in the distant past than any time recently. However, that's a pretty naive way to look at it. Here are a couple of wrinkles:

1. Von Neumann machines are self-replicating probes that go out, find materials and make many copies of themselves, and then proceed on to the next destination. We could look for evidence of ancient mining or material processing.
  2. A related point is that many theorize that any sufficiently advanced technology will merge biology with highly advanced information processing machines. The machines may then have some sort of imperative to propagate, and would be mostly made of information. "They" may well have arrived here long ago and done just that. How to propagate? send the information out using powerful lasers. We may want to look for ancient parabolic mirrors. How do you tell them apart from craters, though?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
My question... Is that if the space alien's have the capability of having their starship operate with anti grav properties, could they not also be free of any G Forces when a EBE operates their starship in any gravitional enviroment?

Thanks,

Erno86

edit on 12-9-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 12-9-2011 by Erno86 because: added unmanned probe

Anti grav is based on the theory of counter acting gravity using an opposite gravity field (magnetics). I think its safe to assume that just because the aliens have the technology of antigrav, it doesnt mean they ever developed some of the same technology we have on Earth. Its possible we have created something that interferes with the antigrav that they never knew about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join