It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 K9ers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
14 search dogs have died, 8 of them from cancer. Researchers are claiming that it had nothing to do with their presence at Ground Zero and the exposure to hazardous chemicals there.

If these animals have died from an exposure relating to their presence at the WTC, then it is only logical to assume that the human rescuers will also have resulting health problems.

WRAL

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There was a search dog that died shortly after returning home from NYC, from a rescue team close to my home, I think the rescue team was from Cahokia or Sauget Illinois and the dog suffered from a respitory illness and passed after returning home.

There was nothing that could be done for the dog after all the dust and gasses it had inhaled. The story made the local news several times after 9/11 and it was very sad to see the animal suffer!

These animal are trained to find people who are trapped in rubble and we all love these dogs, but they live there lives to serve us, mankind and they did there work heroically, for that I thank them and there owners for there service to our country!

Maybe in the future a mask could be developed to fit over the muzzel of the dog to stop the dust and gasses, but allow the dogs to still sense the trapped humans.

john

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You should also look into the fire fighters that where exposed to hazardous chemicals one guy who was on tv is takeing pills that are on a shelf 12ft long he has that many. Due to all the dust and outher stuff falling down around them when looking for buried people.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
One would think that the level of toxic chemicals would have been much higher in the dogs, due to the fact that their primary job was to "sniff" the sight for bodies. I'm not saying the human workers didn't breathe in toxic chemicals, but they didn't have thier noses shoved down into the dust and what not, like the dogs were the entire time they were there.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This has cover-up writen all over it. Of course the dogs died of cancer, caused bye the gasses and what the heck else is out there. Thier Noses pick up thousands of times more than ours.

I think its absured for them to say other wise. I mean 8 died of cancer. Get real.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm afraid they are going to use the dogs like the miners used canaries!

But unfourtunately people are going to die. There really wasn't much they could do for the dogs, and I am sorry they died. But it should be a wake up call for people, that those who were on the pile in the weeks afterwards are likely to face some serious health issues.

Anyone remember Christie Todd-Whitman, (at the time, Secretary of the EPA, since retired) saying that they were monitoring the air quality at Ground Zero, and that the conditions were safe?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
But unfourtunately people are going to die. There really wasn't much they could do for the dogs, and I am sorry they died. But it should be a wake up call for people, that those who were on the pile in the weeks afterwards are likely to face some serious health issues.

I wonder if we will see a coverup like Gulf War Syndrome? There was alot of stuff in that dust, and alot of people we exposed. No doubt the CDC will be looking at that area for some time to see what kind of disease cluster will eventually pop up. The dogs with thier higherlevel of metabolism and being closer to the ground inhaled more dust would be the first to be hit. Its sad really. 911 will contiue to kill people for years to come.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
[edit on 28/8/04 by COMSEUR]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
14 dogs have died.

That number means nothing, if we do not know how many dogs where there. If there where 15 dogs, that's more worrying than if there where 150 dogs.

Also, that's not surprising, mineral and metal dust is one of the worst things to inhale

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Remember how the EPA gave health warnings that were 'revised' by the White House? Nothing like politicians acting like health experts to create a disaster. Of course we had to get the economy going again so we could fund the wars made possible by the emotional shock of this massacre, so of course they cleared the city's financial district of danger.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by COMSEUR
If anyone is interested I will try to get a better estimate (exact numbers prolly not poss) on K9ers on duty on Ground Zero.
COMSEUR

COMSEUR, if you can that would be great. I think that the dogs are the first in what may the true disaster of 911. THousans were exposed to the dust of the accident and the dogs may be the first sign. Wonder if we can get a line on the FDNY people that were exposed and helped with the resuce and cleanup efforts?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

top topics

join