It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: explosion at the Marcoule French Nuclear plant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

Well we've known who's been pulling the strings for a while now. Not the Hebrews. The KHAZARS.

Maybe they've got the World hostage with this virus?

Maybe Jim Stone Freelance Journalist was right!!!!!
edit on 12-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Odd, officials are telling the MSM that there is NO risk of a leak, and that there ARE no leaks.

France depends on nuclear energy for about 78% of its needs... They also produce MOX fuel for their own use and sale to other nations... Was this a "reprocessing" facility???

Plutonium is awesome!

No worries, move along now, if there is a leak it may take years to show damage in the human population.

Don't Panic!

Radiation can be good for you.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

so no it won't be another chernobil or fukushima.

Oh wise Nuclear engineer.

Strange I always thought that the reactors WERE contained at Fukishima.

And that the problems and radiation leaks we saw and are experiencing were from a storage part of the buildings that held OLD nuclear fuel (just like this place) and not from any reactors?

None of the reactors breached at Fukishima did they not?

Oh the irony of armchair experts.

Elf

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

They'll help you learn to make real good use of that extra arm!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Agh...

Confirmed, explosion was in a furnace

Firefighters and the prefect have warned of potential radioactive leaks after a man was killed in an explosion at a nuclear waste treatment plant in the Gard. Regional newspaper Midi Libre said a furnace had blown up at around 11.45, killing the man and injuring four others, one of them seriously. The latter was flown to hospital by helicopter, the paper said. Firefighters have thrown a security cordon round the Centraco plant at Marcoule, which is run by an EDF subsidiary, Socodei. So far, no harmful material has escaped from the installation but both firefighters and the prefecture have warned of the risk of a leak. The plant processes waste considered to be of low or very low radioactivity, so as to make it stable and reduce its bulk. The explosion was in a furnace used to melt it down.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Google nuclear incidents if you have a strong enough stomach. These type of incidents and worse happen far more often than you would suspect.

The media talks about 3 Mile Island, Chernobyl, Fukushima, but the whole process from mining to waste management is a total nightmare. Anyone who thinks we are capable of managing the nuclear process is either making a buck, or naive about the human race. And the same people wonder why our kids are dying of cancer.

I pray that 2011 is the year we wise up & put the nuclear genie back into the bottle.

"Nuclear power is one hell of a way to boil water" Albert Einstein
edit on 12-9-2011 by Shar_Chi because: add quote

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by LilFox

Hold on. Whats 'right' about Nuclear Power? Can you please explain to me a 'right' way it's meant to be done that doesn't involve poisonous waste to our environment whatsoever?!?!?

By "right" I mean using the latest in technology to ensure we have safe reactors with passive safety systems and such. We need not ever have meltdown's. There will always be a cost to the earth by mankind, why not force the governments to use our best minds to ensure we don't lay waste to the planet?

I will not stand in an individual's way if they wish to remove themselves from the earth to ensure they do no damage to it. We need to be smart about what we do, it is unreasonable to think we can live without impacting the earth. Nuclear power can be done cleanly, we can store the waste (Why not store it where we got it from once reprocessed?) and we can benefit from the energy

When I think of bad management and poisoning, Majak/Mayak comes to mind.
(Yes, Majak is a nuclear reprocessing facility. I have done a lot of research on this area, everything stated is fact, the settlement is some 300m away from the original village. The money they are offered to move is hard to obtain and is only enough for a very small single bedroom unit elsewhere, most do not more for they can not have a decent standard of life, so choose to stay behind in the radiation. More videos at the end of the vid, it breaks my heart
)

edit on 12/9/2011 by LilFox because: Adding link

WARNING: That video contains a brief view of aborted foetuses in jars.
edit on 12/9/2011 by LilFox because: WARNING

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Originally posted by GypsK

so no it won't be another chernobil or fukushima.

Oh wise Nuclear engineer.

Strange I always thought that the reactors WERE contained at Fukishima.

And that the problems and radiation leaks we saw and are experiencing were from a storage part of the buildings that held OLD nuclear fuel (just like this place) and not from any reactors?

None of the reactors breached at Fukishima did they not?

Oh the irony of armchair experts.

Elf

You think a storage building that contains nuclear waste which has "none to little" radiation can cause a disaster like japan?
at Fukushima, reactors 1,2 and 3 had a full meltdown with the molten fuel going through the reactors containment vessel...
at Chernobil there was a reactor vessel rupture... in both disaster reactors where involved! Here in france, there isn't even a reactor nearby
You cannot compare this to the other events, that's insane!

read up on the news and info that is already available before giving sarcastic replies like that.

Some people just want this to be big for their own entertainment... and your one of them.

edit on 12/9/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by jameshawkings

Well we've known who's been pulling the strings for a while now. Not the Hebrews. The KHAZARS.

Maybe they've got the World hostage with this virus?

Maybe Jim Stone Freelance Journalist was right!!!!!

I see it as a general part of the depopulation plan. Personally I see this as the Bankers/Elite. Sometimes they use the CIA or MI6, on this occasion they have used Mossad. Rothschild owns Israel, it's his country, so that gives the Bankers good access

Please can you post more about Jim Stone Freelance
edit on 12-9-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You beat me to it!!!

Just saw this on:

www.thesun.co.uk...

The headline makes it look pretty bad but if its cntained already then i'm happy with that but what if its not?

The last thing we ned is another problem with Radioactivity in the Air and i live in England.... pretty sure i blow this way!!!

I still dont believe tptb went ahead with all this Nuke Power when there were plenty of protests about it in th early days!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

It's probably another attempt to divert our attention away from Nibiru

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Have they said what caused this fire yet?

I'm curious about that.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Oh my God!

We need to evacuate whole France

It is crazy, it looks like really really bad for all the Humankind!
Is this Natural, a Manmade Disaster or is this a Punishment?

I hope the Situation is harmless and no significant Amounts of Radiation escaped the Plant!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Just out of curiosity what makes you think nuclear waste contains none to little radiation?The storage rooms contain fuel rods that have yet to be ' dismantled " or are dismantled already.So this is still a pretty big deal if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I suspect this was most likely a "Criticality accident"
They are not uncommon and they happen easily, someone probably overloaded the oven or did not calculate the critical mass correctly or at all.

From the above Wikipedia link:

Criticality occurs when too much fissile material is in one place. Criticality can be achieved by using metallic uranium or plutonium or by mixing compounds or liquid solutions of these elements. The isotopic mix, the shape of the material, the chemical composition of solutions, compounds, alloys, composite materials, and the surrounding materials all influence whether the material will go critical, i.e., sustain a chain reaction. The calculations that predict the likelihood of a material going into a critical state can be complex, so both civil and military installations that handle fissile materials employ specially trained criticality officers to monitor operations and prevent criticality accidents.

Since 1945 there have been at least 60 criticality accidents. These have caused at least 21 deaths: seven in the United States, ten in the Soviet Union, two in Japan, one in Argentina, and one in Yugoslavia. Nine have been due to process accidents, with the remaining from research reactor accidents.

edit on 12/9/2011 by LilFox because: Typo

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

i have seen a few people here, sorry, replys (they may both have been you) stating that there are no reactors their.

this is not what bbc were saying. On tv they say they sucesfully took the reactors offline???

when they mention it next, ill take a decent transcript ...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
reply to post by GypsK

Just out of curiosity what makes you think nuclear waste contains none to little radiation?The storage rooms contain fuel rods that have yet to be ' dismantled " or are dismantled already.So this is still a pretty big deal if you ask me.

I didn't say that nuclear waste doesn't contain radiation,
I said that this paticular building, where the fire occured, processes waste considered to be of low or very low radioactivity

edit on 12/9/2011 by GypsK because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
reply to post by GypsK

i have seen a few people here, sorry, replys (they may both have been you) stating that there are no reactors their.

this is not what bbc were saying. On tv they say they sucesfully took the reactors offline???

when they mention it next, ill take a decent transcript ...

yes that's what the first news here was saying as well

I had a map open earlier from that site... the site is kilometers wide and the reactors are nowhere near the fire. The area of the fire is used for waste processing..... I see if I can find that map again though and post it
edit on 12/9/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
While I do not believe a word of the spin coming out of the MSM spin I really hope this amounts to nothing more than the deaths, injuries and distress the explosion has already caused

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join