It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: explosion at the Marcoule French Nuclear plant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I'm of the same mindset. All this time the nuclear plants have been fine and now every other day there is an incident at a plant whether it be in the Japan, U.S., and now France. Id like to write it off as people are now focusing their attention on it because of the Japan incident but that doesn't seem to be the case.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
ahh, so it litrely IS an oven and NOT any reactors.

i thought google translate was just playing games !

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Good work at getting this out there OP.

News.com here in Australia only just picked up on it

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

They can shut reactors down safely, without damaging them, its generally only when emergency systems are activated that the reactors are damaged, ie: ECCS (Nuclear reactor safety systems)

Given what has happened in recent times I do not believe any entity would be blamed for shutting them down "for a safety test" if they wanted to shut them off for any reason, they could claim they found an anomaly and leave them down, if they so desired.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Not if they need to shut ALL of them down.

Wouldn't that raise a few too many flags...or the realization they cannot power whole grids...like the recent power issue in the US???

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I guess it depends on the time they are intending on leaving them down, individual countries could do a rolling shutdown, most grids are now interlinked.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I would imagine whatever leaked was the material being burned or super heated at the time rather than the whole supply depot containing the waste itself. Very small chance of serious leak one would think as its spent and not in chain reaction.

I think France/Europe will be just fine.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
A reprocessing plant is as dangerous if not more dangerous than a reactor as reprocessing plants contain massive amounts of spent and unspent fuel.

We do not know how much nuclear material was in the oven that exploded yet,but as it has exploded,I would have thought there is a good chance that radioactive material has been released.
We will have to wait and see-but IMO we will not get a straight answer from the authorities/power company.
As is becoming the norm sadly.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

I figure they have another 15 days. Then. Who knows how long they leave them down for if the rest of this scenario plays out?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The blast occurred near a furnace.

I dont see anything saying an oven exploded

There were no radioactive leaks after the blast, caused by a fire near a furnace in a radioactive waste storage site, a French nuclear official said. www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Any external factors aside, mankind really doesn't seem to be able to handle itself very well anymore. We know there is no money in decommissioning these reactors, however the cost when you don't treat nuclear materials with respect is too high to do anything but use "kid gloves".

I support nuclear power, when it's done right.

Lets hope we wake up in 16 days with nothing more than the usual bs to worry about.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
ah crap thats just next to belgium!

This can't be a coincidence anymore... is this part of agenda 21?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

Well thats scenario 2.

Population reduction. Georgia guidestones. 500,000,000. Northern Hemisphere. 6.28 Billion. Radioactive cleansing of Northern Hemisphere actioned. Southern Hemisphere Population. 692,000,000. Very close to that magical number.

I wouldn't put it past them.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Have the french surrendered yet?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Oh #, I hope this doesn't become another Chernobyl. Poor french.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
ah crap thats just next to belgium!

This can't be a coincidence anymore... is this part of agenda 21?

Remember the sun's been acting up, sun flares do cause some form of nuclear decay.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Hold on. Whats 'right' about Nuclear Power? Can you please explain to me a 'right' way it's meant to be done that doesn't involve poisonous waste to our environment whatsoever?!?!?
edit on 12-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Expect to see many more leaks and melt downs over the next 5 years; it's the plan!

The BBC site doesn't normally go down, but it did when they reported a link between the Stuxnet virus and nuclear safety storify.com...

Take a look at the articles below and put the pieces of the jigsaw together

New cyber viruses found in Japan / Stuxnet designed to attack off-line servers via USB memory sticks
www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Israeli firm which secured Japan nuclear plant says workers there 'putting their lives on the line'
www.haaretz.com...

Israeli Test on Worm Called Crucial in Iran Nuclear Delay
www.nytimes.com...

Israeli security chief celebrates Stuxnet cyber attack
www.telegraph.co.uk...#

U.S. Nuclear Plants Software At Risk Of Cyber Attack, Experts Warn
www.theyeshivaworld.com...

US and Israel were behind Stuxnet claims researcher
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hello here,

I am from France, and to be specific : the explosion DOESN'T occur "inside" the nuclear reactor facility, but it happened in a storage site for radioactive waste, that is near the nuclear plant.

the incident occurred at the Centraco facility where low-level radiaoctive wastes is prepared for packing and disposal. This includes items such as equipment, filters and clothing from power plants, universities and hospitals.

The facility is operated by Socodei, part of the EDF group.

ASN said that its preliminary information was that the furnace used to melt lightly contaminated scrap metal had suffered an explosion

Right now : no leaks observed and no evacuation orders. They just speak of "risks of leaks"
edit on 12/9/11 by digit78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
ok guys, it's been said here before :

there is NO reactor on the site, there isn't even a reactor near by.... the explosion occured in a building that contained an oven.

so no it won't be another chernobil or fukushima.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join