It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: explosion at the Marcoule French Nuclear plant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

that would be bacause the news is boring and ats is interesting.....

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The furnace was recycling fuel and reproceesing it as MOX (mixed oxide fuel) This is a mixture of plutonium and uranium (mostly) and runs in reactors at a much higher temperature.
As my house is about 300Kms South West of the plane, I will be keeping a keen eye and instructing my family to start taking in more iodine.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
WOW and another WOW!

I know the area from a tourist point of view; loved the area and had been planning on going back this year but the economy saw to it that we couldnt. That whole area along the Rhone is heavily industrialised and im sure the river is manky with all sorts and now this

The country surrounding is covered with little and huge vineyards and hopefully most of the crop will have been taken in by now. If not lots of people are going to struggle even more if their grape crop is ruined, although i doubt they'll be worrying about that if there is a leak.

Will keep looking on the web for news. Anyone in the region, stay safe.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Merde!
Merde, Merde,

Once again, ATS first with important news, merci OP! S&F

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
1 dead, 4 injured and no nuclear leak. i dont think its going to serious issue like japan.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
One dead in explosion at French nuclear plant; no radiation leak, ASN nuclear safety agency says - Reuters

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

The wind is going east southeast, so to Italy.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
MSNBC is reporting that French Police said there was no contamination "from the explosion".

But we all know how the MSM can be a litttttttle bit off, sometimes.

edit on 12-9-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
Is wondering which way the wind is blowing at the moment -

from West to East
if something came in the air , the wind is blowing it direction of Swiss, Poland, part of Italy, etc

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
There's still confusion as to the nature of the perimeter they set around the plant.

This has the potential of becoming a PR nightmare and a final blow to the nuclear lobbying.
France is in a tight spot right now.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
gaaareat.

more radioactivity unleashed into the world.

it's fine though, its the C02 you gotta look out for.

ha

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Must be French Foreign Rebels supported by Gadaffi

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Just heard this on the news in Sicily.
The news here's reporting only that they 'don't know' if there's any leak.
We can all hope.

peace

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Agreed....all quiet until something needs to be noticed.
Either a result of better reporting of these incidents or more people watching for things like this to happen or an agenda needing filled. Who knows....maybe a combo of all the above.
I too have noticed that nuclear power was nice and quiet and humming away in the background. Until recently.
Ok a few safety violations or cut corners...I know it happens...but these are all starting to shape up to be, "hey see...not so safe people....shut em down!"
Just an opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It seems reports are saying

No leak detected yet outside the plant
however does that mean one is inside?

The reason I am so concerned nearly 25 million people live within 100km of this event!

100 km 23 653 358population 299(density per km)

RSOE

Also nearly ALL of Frances electricity is from Nuclear Power they have lots and lots of stations, a hiher nuclear energy production I thin than nearly every other nation on earth....

Edit conflicting reports?

High risk of radiation now at the Marcoule nuclear power station in France. According to the French Nuclear Agency More when we get it..
FX Street
edit on 12-9-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think we've got to give it a good 24 hours before we will really know if there is anything that people need to worry about. If I remember correctly (and I might not) didn't Japan downplay their issues at first and then ended up realizing how bad it actually was?

Thank you for posting this OP, S&F.

link   
Situation map:

link   
One person was killed in an explosion at the nuclear site of Marcoule in southern France, France's ASN nuclear watchdog said on Monday, but there was no leak of radioactive material.

Marcoule is a nuclear waste management site that DOES NOT include any REACTORS.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This stinks, first they say no chance of a leak, now they just don't know. There's one thing I do know, don't mess with nuclear power unless you are prepared to do it RIGHT!

RSOE EDIS update 6

Situation Update No. 6 Posted:2011-09-12, 12:05:00 [UTC] Ref.no.: NC-20110912-32304-FRA Situation Update No. 6 On 2011-09-12 at 12:20:06 [UTC] Event: Nuclear Event Location: France Province of Cótes-du-Rhõne Marcoule Nuclear Power Plant Bagnols-sur-Céze Number of Deads: 1 person(s) Number of Injured: 4 person(s) Situation: The blast occurred in an oven at the Marcoule nuclear site near the city of Nimes in the south of France, according to emergency services. One person was killed and three were injured in the explosion, according to Le Figaro newspaper. It hit the Centraco nuclear waste treatment centre belonging to the Socodei subsidiary of national electricity provider EDF, said a spokesman for the Atomic Energy Commissariat (CEA). "For the time being nothing has made it outside," a spokesman said. A security perimeter has been set up around the installation, firefighters said, without being able to provide further details. The site is partly used by French nuclear giant Areva to produce MOX fuel which recycles plutonium from nuclear weapons. Part of the process involves firing superheated plutonium and uranium pellets in an oven. Marcoule is a nuclear waste management site that does not include any reactors. Evangelia Petit of the Agency for Nuclear Safety said Monday an explosion had taken place but declined to provide any further details. Officials in the Gard region confirmed Monday's explosion but also said they could not give any more information.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

My guess.

They need to shut all the reactors down due to the arrival of Nibiru.

This in turn means release of radioactive steam in order to shut them down quickly.

To stop the spread of the radioactive cloud they use weather control to ensure it doesn't travel far, but the risk of that is causing earthquakes in the vicinity by the interaction of this weather control with the ionization of the radiation.

They're really shutting them down, giving dud reasons for their shut-down and then pretending they are still operable....?

There's gotta be a star in there for the mere audacity of bringing Nibiru into it.
edit on 12-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join