It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors burn American flag in London on 9/11 Moment of Silence

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopFearMongering
Of course it is disgusting. Criticizing the government is always healthy, but when you disrupt a moment of silence for the 3,000 lives lost that day, it is in a little more than poor taste. If a group of US citizens committed an act of terrorism on another country that resulted in the death of many foreign citizens, then we started to protest that country for mourning it's lost civilians, it would be despicable.

Now let Me ask You this... If the tables were turned, and They occupied Us, and They had a similar event held for an occurrence They created and used as pretext for invading Us... Would this not be an issue of the PERFECT time?

You seem to think that the OS is true, based on Your words up there. We conceived of, prepared and executed 9/11, and then invaded Their universe, killing, maiming and wounding hundreds of thousands. What day would YOU choose if the positions were reversed?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the same thing happened last year.

I don't think this is disgusting, considering the facts. Millions of Muslim civilians have died as a result of the illegal/immoral wars the USA War Machine has waged.

My criticism is that these people shouldn't be burning a flag that represents the US Nation and it's people who have little to do with this nonsense and, are increasingly becoming victims themselves.

Instead, those who are really responsible should be pointed out and protested against. Those who are directing the War Machine, those at the top of the power pyramid, those who are players in the global power struggle. Those who are the real criminals. Not the great nation of USA, and it's common people.

KNOW YOUR ENEMY!!!!

edit on 13-9-2011 by kreese because: fixed vid link

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by NeoSpace
I find it funny that these muslims hate us so much yet they like to live in our country living on our tax money and using our health and education system.

And working and paying taxes...like every other citizen.

And in case You missed it. The protest was in England.

That's the strange thing, I was watching BBC News 24 and they showed a group of protesters in New Yourk relatively close to WTC burning the American flag and yet I haven't seen that mentioned on here. Sorry, no link as it was a live stream on TV.

Well... More power to 'em. As long as They did not steal the flag, nor burnt it unsafely, that is Their right, 365 days a year (366 on leap).

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
In your next life when God reverses the rolls of life and your born a muslim,then you would understande when

You have bombs dropping on you
Toppling your government
Starving you to death by sanctions
Killing your babies through medical sanctions
Rapping your families and killing innocent Muslims and covering it up
Sending your land into anarchy
Seeing 20% of your family starves to death because of the war.
Seeing your wife or younger daughters being rapped because the law does not exists because of the anarchy.

But until then, keep going to your McDonalds, keep shopping at your stores ,keep going to the grocery store and eating the best food available in the world, jump into your fancy car and keep sending your kids to the nicely built clean schools that’s available, and prepare your self for your rebirth into a muslim in a poor country so that you will understand why.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Amaterasu

Empathize with them.
PC for apologize for them. And where had we occupied their lands before 9/11?

Ok, let's be clear here : Is it all the people from Afghanistan that are supposed to be blamed for the potential actions a small group may have done 10 years ago? NO!

It's not an entire nation who attacked the Twin Towers, if its even true.

So IMO they have every right to be angry at a country who attacks them for a while! See? It's not just a little group that attacked their country, it's an army supported by the population.

Peace out.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Muslim protestors burned the American flag yesterday in London during a memorial for 9/11 victims:

Protesters set fire to the U.S. flag outside the American embassy in London yesterday during a minute's silence to mark the moment the first hijacked airliner hit the World Trade Centre.

A group of 100 Muslim radicals, including members of Muslims Against Crusades, shouted 'USA terrorists' and brandished anti-American placards.

One protester in Grosvenor Square said: 'You will always face suffering, you will always face humiliation, unless you withdraw your troops from Muslim lands.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Link

Disgusting, really.

Yes but if you get offended by it you're raciest. if you point out that this act is representing islam to the general public you're ignorent. If you get angry over it you're intolorant. and when you've had enough of it and speak out you're spreading hate. Not the tools burning the U.S flag on a day the whole western world shows respect and remembers the day thousands of people were murderd my islamic Fundamentalist. No they're just misunderstood by the raciest general public.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigwig22

reply to post by Amaterasu

Empathize with them.
PC for apologize for them. And where had we occupied their lands before 9/11?

Ok, let's be clear here : Is it all the people from Afghanistan that are supposed to be blamed for the potential actions a small group may have done 10 years ago? NO!

It's not an entire nation who attacked the Twin Towers, if its even true.

So IMO they have every right to be angry at a country who attacks them for a while! See? It's not just a little group that attacked their country, it's an army supported by the population.

Peace out.

You view them with the mind set of a westerner I think, perhaps not but I think.. They see islam. If you attack one muslim country you attack islam. and the ones who support the attack on 9/11 don't see it as one country that attacked the U.S they see it as islam attacked the U.S

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Does anyone remember the outcry from the US media when some little unknown church was going to burn some Koran's last year? You'd have though they were stringing them up and hanging them. Everyone was worried about inciting violence from those poor Muslims who no doubt can't control themselves. How is this burning of flags during a memorial not incite the same amount of hatred? What a bunch of hypocrites and half the replies on this thread are blatant hatred.

I know what you mean, the very same people that were moaning about that, are the very same ones that are defending this crap now.

That's moron liberals for you.
edit on 13/9/11 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kreese
I'm pretty sure the same thing happened last year.

I don't think this is disgusting, considering the facts. Millions of Muslim civilians have died as a result of the illegal/immoral wars the USA War Machine has waged.

My criticism is that these people shouldn't be burning a flag that represents the US Nation and it's people who have little to do with this nonsense and, are increasingly becoming victims themselves.

Instead, those who are really responsible should be pointed out and protested against. Those who are directing the War Machine, those at the top of the power pyramid, those who are players in the global power struggle. Those who are the real criminals. Not the great nation of USA, and it's common people.

KNOW YOUR ENEMY!!!!

edit on 13-9-2011 by kreese because: fixed vid link

What about all the years the middle eastern countries were funding and training terrorist who then went out and killed not just U.S but many other western people and the U.S or a coalition didn't go to war. I think perhaps this has been a long time coming.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by mishigas

Even though it pains me to see an American flag being burned, the most important thing to remember is that it is a materialistic item. Once they got to the end of burning the flag, one of our American companies printed out another four million. No individual got hurt, raped, or murdered.

Since the United States is a bond between spirit and ideology, burning materialistic items will never destroy the heart of our nation.

Flags can be replaced. People cannot be replaced.

Let us move onto other things that matter.

edit on 9/13/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

I always thought that the flag of any nation was making something which is intangible into something tangible. so to deface that thing which is tangible is to spit on the intangible. I would be most upset. They're not saying they're burning the flag. They're saying that they spit on all and everything about that country to which the flag belongs. it is an act of hate and if any person other than a muslim was to do that or show any kind of hate to muslims they would have been arrested. If someone had of burned say an afghan flag to show their anger over 9/11 it would have been seen by the muslims as an insult to not afghanistan but to islam itself. Yet they can burn someone elses flag because they believe that God gives them the right. And the western authorities allow it to happen which only leads the to believe they're in the right..
edit on 13-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well i find it distasteful to do so during silence, but then again i didn't even bother to have a moment of silence...some may find that distasteful. Regardless, they still have a right to protest and burn flags during the silence whether you like it or not, it was obviously meant to grab headlines and get people riled up...they achieved that i guess. As for flag burning, most people with an ounce of common sense don't care about such a trivial and silly thing...david mitchell sums up what i think on the subject perfectly.

edit on 13-9-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flow101
I also find this disgusting. The moment of silence was not for the USA, it was for the tragic events that happened that day. In my view what they are implying by those actions is that the people affected by that day deserved it.
Now if they decided to burn the US flag in let's say in the Independence Day, I could've understood where they are coming from.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Flow101 because: (no reason given)

Because regardless of the fact that people like to say that not all muslims are a terrorist threat to the west, the reality is that all terrorist threats to the west are muslim. And people can't be blamed for thinking that all muslims condone 9/11 simply because the islamic communites around the world weren't exactly the loudest in condeming it when it happened and then since that time the west has seen alot of of this kind of thing which has happened in England with the flag burning.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

I understand what you mean. But, the fact is, the supposed "terrorist", are they acting under the name of their country or religion? Religion I guess. So why attack a country that have a lot of people that had probably no clue about "Bin Laden"'s plan before it happened?

Was "Bin Laden" the president or someone of high authority elected by the people in that country? Maybe not elected, but in charge? NO. It's just supposed to be the head of a terrorist group.

So why attack an entire country for years? What has it done good?

Obama and Bush were "elected", so they represent USA. All their actions represent the people of the USA just as the flag do. I know a lot of people disagree (me first) with their actions but the fact is they represent the USA.

So, unfortunatly, for once I agree with these guys being mad and burning the US flag.

Peace out.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I've got to say as flags go, the American flag has got to be one of, if not the best looking flags out there. The English and Scots one is just plain boring. At least the Welsh had a bit of imagery.

Other than that, they're just flags and nothing to cry about.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigwig22

I understand what you mean. But, the fact is, the supposed "terrorist", are they acting under the name of their country or religion? Religion I guess. So why attack a country that have a lot of people that had probably no clue about "Bin Laden"'s plan before it happened?

Was "Bin Laden" the president or someone of high authority elected by the people in that country? Maybe not elected, but in charge? NO. It's just supposed to be the head of a terrorist group.

So why attack an entire country for years? What has it done good?

Obama and Bush were "elected", so they represent USA. All their actions represent the people of the USA just as the flag do. I know a lot of people disagree (me first) with their actions but the fact is they represent the USA.

So, unfortunatly, for once I agree with these guys being mad and burning the US flag.

Peace out.

I understand your point but this is how it is to my understanding. The Taliban were the governing body of Afghanistan , well the ruling tribe as they're tribal. Al-Qaeda which is an islamic fundumentalist terrorist group had links to the Taliban and were being harboured by the Taliban after 9/11 which affectivally put the Taliban in the cross hairs. Bin Laden wasn't the highest up in Al-Qaeda but being a Saudi prince he was a bank roller for Al-Qaeda, at least until his mega wealth had been frozen, and high up and apparently one of the master minds behind the attack.

So by harbouring Al-Qaeda the Taliban put Afghanistan, and it's population in the line of fire. like the japanese attack on pearl harbor put the population of japan in the line of fire. People are always the victims but fault does lay with their governing body.

Now because of the tribal aspect and naturaly waring faction which are a part of the region and always have been the coalition can't just walk away now that Al-Qaeda or the Taliban aren't running the show or else it would be a civil war which would go on forever or until the biggest baddest most cruel tribal warlord took power.

That's how I understand it anyway.

I don't know about Irag but I think perhaps some old scores were being settled more so than the claim about the oil. And the U.S arguably had scores to settle. It's well known that Hussan did have a hand in funding and training terrorist in the past which did go on to kill westerners mainly Americans.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
I've got to say as flags go, the American flag has got to be one of, if not the best looking flags out there. The English and Scots one is just plain boring. At least the Welsh had a bit of imagery.

Other than that, they're just flags and nothing to cry about.

The Aussie flag is good looking I think. But it all boils down to what you love.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

There have been terrorist threats in Europe for decades that have nothing to do with extremists using Islam as their excuse. In Ireland, in the various radical political groups of the 60s and 70s who twisted into violence in mainland Europe. Also in the USA, supposedly 'Christian' white supremacist groups who were quite willing to attack US citizens, and anti-abortionists who willingly murdered staff at clinics.

I wonder at the mentality which can't distinguish between an entire religion or culture and a small number of people who misunderstand and abuse their supposed faith in the aid of violence. Similar things happen with people who denounce 'Zionist' conspiracy, but then forget themselves and ramble on about what 'Jews' are doing to the world, rather than specifically criticising the actions of the Israeli military and the far right governments of that state.
edit on 13-9-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

There have been terrorist threats in Europe for decades that have nothing to do with extremists using Islam as their excuse. In Ireland, in the various radical political groups of the 60s and 70s who twisted into violence in mainland Europe. Also in the USA, supposedly 'Christian' white supremacist groups who were quite willing to attack US citizens, and anti-abortionists who willingly murdered staff at clinics.

I wonder at the mentality which can't distinguish between an entire religion or culture and a small number of people who misunderstand and abuse their supposed faith in the aid of violence. Similar things happen with people who denounce 'Zionist' conspiracy, but then forget themselves and ramble on about what 'Jews' are doing to the world, rather than specifically criticising the actions of the Israeli military and the far right governments of that state.
edit on 13-9-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: (no reason given)

This is reference to what has flared up in the last 10 years, the IRA and the American ones you're talking about were localised. This is different this is trouble in every western country with a muslim population which is all. And I can't can distinguish the difference.See most Australians understood the Irish problem in regards to Northern ireland but we didn't get out in the street and cheer anytime a Brit was killed by a bomb as we were appalled by it. Yet if a bomb kills a westerner today there's celebration not only in the middle east but also in the western countries and it's not celebrated by the Christians or the jews or the buddists or whoever else but only by the muslims regardless of which middle eastern nationality might have done it because it's viewd as a religious triumph. Do you see westerners out in the street in every Christian country burning effigies of Bin laden?

The west doesn't see it as Christianity against the middle east. But the middle east sees it as Islam against the west.

I wonder at the mentality of people who can't see that we're not fighting just terrorist idiology alone. We're under attack from a religion even if most of the people in that religion aren't part of it as you say it's a small amount who do it in relation to how many muslims there are. But the majority sure as hell aren't the loudest in condemning it which you'd think they should be if it's done in the name of their faith. So please excuse my supposed ignorence but I can' be faulted for seeing that if you don't condemn it you must condone it. And the ones who get out in the street in the western countries which has given them the opportunity at a better life and celebrate the death of western men women and children on a sunny morning 11/9/01 don't help thier image. I see that and I think of some liitle boy or girl all excited about a plane ride and now they're dead and these creeps are out celebrating the aniversary of it and burning a flag. These people going on your logic aren't terrorist but they're not shy in showing where there heart lies and sticking it in peoples faces.

You may say that England is under threat from the IRA which is out dated. And you might say that you have home grown terrorist who are actually American Christians. But the only home grown terrorist in most other western countries Australia being but one, are muslim. As Iv'e said before not all muslims are a terrorist threat to the west but all terrorist threats to the west are muslim. I can't tell which ones wants me dead can you? Better to err on the side of caution than to have a holy war waged on our own soil.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
with out my conspiracy views kicking in i would just like to say am against occupations of other country's and believe unless they are about to press the button on there nukes or over half of there population is crying out for us to liberate them leave them alone. i am from uk and know that a lot of the members here are from u.s so let me tell you something you probably don't know here in uk we have a group who call them selfs English Defence League they are comprised of a large majority of football hooligan firms that have banded together and follow the Muslim protesters were ever they protest heres a news link of 9/11 remembrance day and the clashing of two sides it is an everday occurance over here the police mange it well know but never used to news link
edit on 13/9/2011 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Correction: We have killed a million plus.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join