It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors burn American flag in London on 9/11 Moment of Silence

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
i believe our troops should be bought home immediately ...... our country pokes its nose into others business all the time ..... just leave these people to it and let them kill each other init

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
That's not cool... I get their frustration, but not during a moment of silence man... The divide between east and west is growing.. This sucks.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It's just a flag TS. Why worry. I assume America has bigger problems to worry about.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I dont find it all that disgusting, I find it rude for the innocent people's families, but then again, Americans and Canadians and who ever else is there, destroying their towns, villages, livestock, their lives, and now for what ? the whole time.. for what ? ONE guy ? oh well, it's a crazy world we live in.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by psyop911

bull#.

Thanks for the well reasoned, totally thorough and well thought out response. We value your opinion. It is very important to us.

yeah, well... that was the whole point. duh!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I find it funny, the biggest argument is, "What do you expect.. America invaded their countries"... They're in France. I don't recall the U.S invading/occupying/killing people in France any time recently. Their issue isn't a nationality one... its one of their religious bond. America's presence in Muslim lands.. they mean America's presence on Earth?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Shouldnt have been allowed to tell you the truth.... why do they get to show this disrespect in London?

Any other group would have been arrested and thrown in a cell!!!!

This Country is pathetic!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Kick them all out of the country....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
So we as nation should get angry at Muslims for burning our flag? Should the Muslims get angry that we as a nation have killed over 6 million of them? This is the adult version of the Nerf gun debacle...... We kill them by the millions. They burn our flag at the very moment of silence for 911 murder victims...Which one is more despicable? Hunt me down and flog me, but I feel the murder of millions is a little worse.....Do you think they just forgot about the Crusades? To them our flag means occupation & misery & death. Would'nt you burn it?
edit on 13-9-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
And i dont know what happened but there was a news blackout on the incident.... i'm sure something happened late on as a couple guys got stabbed up in a pub!!

The violence will only escalate if they dont kick these extremists out!!!!!!!

Are tptb dumb or what????????

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I object solely on my National Pride. I love my country, I don't love my government. When western countries make animations and cartoons of Muhammad all hell breaks loose in the Muslim world and they protest like crazy. So I say, burn my flag all you like. You can't hurt me by doing so. It may disgust me to see someone do it but I can get over it. I still won't wage war over such things. Makes much more sense to live in the present tense.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

FFS....The Crusades were over about 800 years ago and The Muslims were at least as equally brutal as The Crusaders were, it was simply the way things were done then.
And The Muslims were probably just as much the invaders as The Crusaders were.

It really is beyond me how anyone with even a basic understanding of history could ever try to justify current events with those from between eight hundred to a thousand years ago.

And then be selective to the extreme when interpreting the facts.

And if that's not bad enough then using todays morals and values to judge those age old actions.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

haha
good on em

whats disgusting is the way the united states treats the world..
you gotta expect that the people you slaughter are going to want to burn your flag
have a cry
edit on 12-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

It is just a matter of time before the Muslim's are burning the Brit flag and then raising there own.

You have a point about America but Great Britain will fall long before America from the onslaught of Muslim rule.Brits tucked there tail and gave in long ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

No they won't and no we haven't.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Even though it pains me to see an American flag being burned, the most important thing to remember is that it is a materialistic item. Once they got to the end of burning the flag, one of our American companies printed out another four million. No individual got hurt, raped, or murdered.

Since the United States is a bond between spirit and ideology, burning materialistic items will never destroy the heart of our nation.

Flags can be replaced. People cannot be replaced.

Let us move onto other things that matter.

edit on 9/13/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

No they won't and no we haven't.

I hope for you and others that feel like you .............you are right.

Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What do you mean?
There is no muslim occupation or takeover of Britain.
What have you been reading?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

Originally posted by UniverSoul

haha
good on em

whats disgusting is the way the united states treats the world..
you gotta expect that the people you slaughter are going to want to burn your flag
have a cry
edit on 12-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

It is just a matter of time before the Muslim's are burning the Brit flag and then raising there own.

You have a point about America but Great Britain will fall long before America from the onslaught of Muslim rule.Brits tucked there tail and gave in long ago.

i think america might me falling a bit sooner than you think...
if the uk or us loose their country to any foreign nation its their own fault really.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Imagine the Saudi's invaded the US because they didn't agree with our politics or social issues. Imagine there's a Saudi soldier on every corner, fully armed, ready to take us out if we dare challenge them or threaten them.

Now, imagine some psycho like Charles Manson orchestrated an attack against a building in China so China decided to bomb our entire country for the act of a few criminals. Would any of this change your views? Would you still feel sorry for the Chinese on their day of mourning, while they are still occupying our land and killing our people?

I'm not blasting the US as a people but rather the US government for their slavery to the industrial military complex. Our defense spending is no less than 1/3 of the annual federal budget, and there is big money to be made in war. Somebody has to supply the trucks, tanks, guns, planes, food, tents, water, radios, missiles and other weapons, payroll and on and on. Then there is all of the rebuilding that we do at our own expense, lining the pockets of companies like Halliburton, KBR, private security firms, constructions worker and other civilian workers.

It just goes on and on and is disgusting.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The American government has wiped it's #*! on the flag for a whole ten YEARS of silence. And they talk of bring democracy to the world? Well these Muslims are exercising their democratic rights. It is pathetic how people worship flags.Who gives a damn if some colorful rag is torched? If burning a flag is all it takes to make them happy, rock on, burn more flags. Build a flag incinerator!

Flags are a primitive technique for mustering the peasantry into some act that will inevitably be to their own detriment.

The minute silence is an absolute mockery of the victims and their families anyway.10 years,2 major wars and one wrecked economy later, and we come up with a minute silence and a cacophony of vaccuous speeches by stuffed shirts. Were any of the victims families who still have questions, given a podium? No, because this was nothing but a revision course in the pack of lies we were fed 10 years ago.

A bunch of religious wackjobs burning flags makes no impact, for better or worse, on a miscarriage of justice of the magnitude of 911

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join