It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors burn American flag in London on 9/11 Moment of Silence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

please believe me when i say id love to go there just to prove a point .... but that would only be stoking the fire of hate and all hell would break loose, if i thought i could do it and get away with it i would .... but this government is so corrupt id be the one in prison for a long time not them.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yes, Lets ignore the ones holding the signs saying " Islam will dominate" "Down with the west" and so on.
Lets ignore the fact that while accidents happen, a few soldiers take things too far and are summarily dealt with, that we have built schools and infrastructure.
Lets forget that the ENTIRE WORLD was behind our invasion, and our only mistake was the same we made during Vietnam.
And finally, Lets forget that the invasion of Iraq over WMD's was supported by all as well.

Yes let us forget all of these things.. maybe we should have left it all alone, after the towers fell. But wait, we weren't there before then were we?!

I guess you all already have ignored and forgotten that nearly a decade prior to 9/11 we knew what OBL was doing.. even suffering similar attacks.. I guess you all would rather we have left them alone so we could suffer more attacks each year? that's what Clinton did.. look what happened

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by ladykay
theres many people here in the UK who find burning the american flag disrespectful., especially on the anniversary of 9/11. i can only apologise to our american allies for this repulsive behaviour outside the US embassey in london. the same group of people burnt our poppy on armistice day last year. shame their quran didnt get burnt

The same freedoms that permit the flag burning should also permit the Quran to be burned as well. Do you want to go there?

Burning the Quran would be equal to burning the Christian bible or the Jewish Torah. I'm gonna guess the world wide response to the burning a religious document would be quite different then the burning of a flag. Though I find their timing distasteful, I do agree they acheived what they set out to do...Get attention.

But I wonder what would happen if a group of christians or jews were to burn an Afghanistan flag in one of their allied countries? Somehow I don't think those fictional protesters would get the same empathy from Islamics as what I'm seeing written here.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Iseladore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladykay

please believe me when i say id love to go there just to prove a point .... but that would only be stoking the fire of hate and all hell would break loose, if i thought i could do it and get away with it i would .... but this government is so corrupt id be the one in prison for a long time not them.

I share the same hesitation and feel no compulsion to burn their holy book. I have always had respect for the American way of life and by extension the UK. We took some wrong turns before 9-11 but that was a major detour. Like most everyone I have no idea who the perpetrators were on that day and any suspicions may never be confirmed. At very least I know facts were twisted and obscured then exploited for nefarious purposes. If the day angers some middle easterners I fully understand that. Their choice to exercise free speech does not anger me in the slightest. I feel they have reason and I support their peaceful protest and their right to do so.

I did not bury my principles on that day and mourn the loss of the freedoms that have vanished since then. For me it is not a day to burn a flag, a holy book, nor the Constitution, some of that was already done by our internal powers. Nor on this day each year do I watch another showing of Flight 93. All the world is a victim of this tragedy and I celebrate those who are actively seeking the truth to this affair.

By at least their omissions I feel my country has let me down. Truth is it is more than a let-down but it has changed the tone of life in the US. Note my USA passport avatar and my central Mexico location. This is not by accident. Mexico has no enemies in the world. The only ones wanting to attack and invade us are our neighbors north of the border due to a constant barrage of media propoganda. Their reasons for wanting to do so are for problems their government has created here.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Naturally a thread like this ends up in a religious discussion. It always seems to be a 'Muslims vs. The West' debate but lets all remember it's not just them that dislike US foreign policy:

U.S. flag burned in Montreal

There are plenty anti-American groups and there are plenty of Muslims that don't have a problem with the US. The general view that Muslims are terrorists is just a side effect from all of the post 9/11 propaganda.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by mishigas

haha
good on em

whats disgusting is the way the united states treats the world..
you gotta expect that the people you slaughter are going to want to burn your flag
have a cry
edit on 12-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

Agreed to an extent, but these are British Muslims, which kinda reflects bad on us all really.

Besides it's not even a protest, it's a provocation. And apparently the EDL were just as bad - neither side should have turned up - keep it to the victims and remembrance, protest on another day.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iseladore

But I wonder what would happen if a group of christians or jews were to burn an Afghanistan flag in one of their allied countries? Somehow I don't think those fictional protesters would get the same empathy from Islamics as what I'm seeing written here.

I would imagine many/most/all of their countries do not have the constitutional freedoms the US or UK are noted for. And by the response of many here and in past topics it would seem many Americans would dispense with those same freedoms at first opportunity. Perhaps that is the problem in our democracy, those who feel freedom of expression is only for those whom they agree with.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If they had done it at any other time I would say I had no problem with it. Heck Americans even burn flags from time to time in disgust....

Doing so on the anniversary of the loss of thousands of innocent Americans that had nothing to do with any war, any of the U.S. policies, etc is nothing short of a crime in my books.

The way I figure it, whether you believe terrorists did it, or the gov't did it... the innocents still died, and they are to be mourned on 9/11....

Making a statement against the U.S. any other day of the year is ok, but if you do it on 9/11, I see it as support for what happened, which makes you an enemy of the state, and therefore now a target.

I have had my fair share of disgust with my government, but don't think for one minute that I would dishonor the fallen because of it

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Muslim protestors burned the American flag yesterday in London during a memorial for 9/11 victims:

Protesters set fire to the U.S. flag outside the American embassy in London yesterday during a minute's silence to mark the moment the first hijacked airliner hit the World Trade Centre.

A group of 100 Muslim radicals, including members of Muslims Against Crusades, shouted 'USA terrorists' and brandished anti-American placards.

One protester in Grosvenor Square said: 'You will always face suffering, you will always face humiliation, unless you withdraw your troops from Muslim lands.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Link

Disgusting, really.

I'm with you on this. I feel sorry for the brits having to deal with the infestation of muslim extremists.. I have nothing against muslim faith but just because you believe in something, don't expect to move out of your element and expect other countries to conform to your beliefs.. on the same token, they can protest, burn our flag, and spit at cameras all day over there.. they come and pull this crap in America they're in for a bad day.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Come on OP give us a break, "disgusting"?, really?, muslims are getting hundreds if not thousands of their brother and sisters killed by Americans all around the world every week, and America wants the world to stop to remember a few thousand from 10 years ago?, fat chance, you got some nerve, or just absolute ignorance.

edit on 12-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

yea! cause Muslims are the innocent lamb.. pfft nonsense. Muslim extremists killed 2 of my friends just this past week.. they both are just as guilty, and it's not like the Muslims are shaping up in Afghaniland any time soon.

edit on 12-9-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

But not all Muslims that live here hate Americans. Nor are they all bad people.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't see a problem with them burning our flag. Free speech anybody? Let them express themselves in this way instead of putting on their homicide vests and blowing up some children's school. I have no more problem with them burning the flag than I did with that pastor who burned the koran. Let them say what they wish.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaemusAlphae
reply to post by LauraDanning

My goodness you are stunning. Oh, and you are from the UK? American guys love girls with English accents, well at least I do. So, how 'bout that (non-American) football?

Off topic, I know. I was feeling brave, what I can I say. You can take down my post, but you can't take down my courage!

Um you forgot to add " FREEDOM"
Thought some Ozzy bloke said this in a movie about Scotland

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by Haxsaw

yea! cause Muslims are the innocent lamb.. pfft nonsense. Muslim extremists killed 2 of my friends just this past week.. they both are just as guilty, and it's not like the Muslims are shaping up in Afghaniland any time soon.

edit on 12-9-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

Muslims extremists killed two of your friends? where was this? and rest assured America has taken more muslim lives than muslims have all the western countries put together.

Let me guess you have two mates who are stupid enough to try and earn a dollar working for a pack of fraud politicians who have ordered them to invade another country based on lies, and those who's country is being invaded decided to fight back? Regardless of how they were killed, America is clearly run by a pack of homicidal zionist/occultist maniacs who have been invading/occupying muslims land(including killing innocent women and children) prior to any muslim wanting to attack America, and including having vetoed many UN resolutions that would see Israel stop thier atrocious ways.

Now to step back from your ignorant attack, I'll remind you of what I was initially saying(so you dont get your knickers in a knot): I simply said that there is NO suprise whatsoever for any informed person that some muslims would burn the American flag considering America is killing INNOCENT muslims(yes the elderly, women and children, and people who have never done a thing to America) everyday, half the time America just calls this collateral damage, and those who have never done a thing to America(lets not forget the war in Iraq is based on lies, and so to are many other wars that America is fighting against muslims) and yet still have to have their country invaded and torn apart, may wish to defend their country from foreign occupation or they may have even had one or all of their family members killed by so called collateral damage, or they probably just know that the war is based on lies and want to stick up for thier people.

It's people like you that governments need to keep wars based on lies going, that is those who cant think to well. Tell me if your country was just invaded based on lies by an army 1000 times larger than your own with more sophisticated weapons than you have and you'd just lost one of your family members due to this invasion, would you sit in your house like a coward, or would you get up and fight?.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Amaterasu

And the "picture of the towers," being a piece of paper, if They owned it and burnt it safely, They have every right. On any day of the year. And if I sound silly to You now, some day You will understand. Or not. Your choice.

This isn't about freedom of speech or whether they had earned their Smokey the Bear badges for fire safety.

Yeah... And Your point is...?

It's easy for you to "empathize" with a mindset that can plunge a rusty knife into an innocent journalist's throat and then send the video to his pregnant wife, but not so easy for me.

Um... Wow. How do You know that the cloth-burners had anything at all to do with that incident? That would be as if I said You planned 9/11 because You, too, live in that country.

How do you know they didn't? Oh, wait...to an apologist, it doesn't matter because this is your attitude:
vvvvvvvv vvvvvvvv

Um. It's hard to respond to someone who is incoherent. But I will repond to as much as I can make sense of here. Let Us run probabilities, shall We? How many Muslims are there? What is the probability then of any One of that handful of People was involved? VERY little.

But if You think You have a point because I can't prove that none were - and only use probability... Well, that's Your prerogative.

But, in fact, though it's not pleasant, nor do I promote thinking in that fashion, I can empathize with even the violent Ones. The cloth-burners were surely NOT the violent kind.

Oh no! Not your islamo-fascists! They would never do something like that!!

You're a funny guy, A.

They're not Mine. They did NOT strap bombs on Themselves and blow anyOne up. Until and unless They do things like that, You cannot call Them guilty. Unless You subscribe to the idea that We should be considered guilty until proven innocent. Which, reading over Your words, seems to be exactly the case.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWorldSpins
reply to post by NeoSpace

But not all Muslims that live here hate Americans. Nor are they all bad people.

That's fine, but the vile extremists that tarnish the image of Muslims in general deserve to be reprimanded for their actions.

Let's not forget that these Islamic radicals also tried to interrupt and dishonor memorial services on Remembrance Day 2010. I'm sorry but those protesters should have all been arrested and susbsequently deported to whatever God foresaken opressed country they came from. There must be a limit imposed on tolerance for alleged "free speech" when it crosses the line. Imagine what would happen if a group of non-Islamic religious fundamentalists tried to interrupt a memorial service in an Islamic country in a similar manner. It would result in the immediate arrest or death of all the protesters involved.

If peaceful Muslims wish to immigrate to a western country and assimilate that is fine. If radicals want to promote intolerance and hatred for the very nations that feed and clothe so many of their brethren, they don't deserve the privilege of continuing to live in and enjoy the freedoms of those countries, plain and simple.

edit on 12-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
yeah alright have no clue why i read through this thread good topic quite of few lousy comments.

so heres my comments.

"america invaded theire lands" alright well who invaded who people say we need to stay out of their land then that should work both ways and they stay out of ours.

"flag burning is ok they deserve it and much worse" yeah ok and people got upset that dude burned a koran

so whats the difference between a book and a flag eh? come on now its free speech.

personally i think who ever burns flags are morons and flag makers should start making them out of nomex

and then the morons will just sit there and try to keep lighting it.

whats very telling is flag burning that we have come to know in the middle east is now happening in of all places london

that is a sign of things to come we could pull out of the middle east entirely but dont count on the millions of muslims in the europe or america to ever leave.

so the question is really who is occupying who

meh
edit on 12-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I would imagine many/most/all of their countries do not have the constitutional freedoms the US or UK are noted for. And by the response of many here and in past topics it would seem many Americans would dispense with those same freedoms at first opportunity. Perhaps that is the problem in our democracy, those who feel freedom of expression is only for those whom they agree with.

I think you are adept at reciting worn out cliches and not much more. You are one of the few still stuck in the mistaken mindset that this is about free speech or fire safety. You cannot tell the difference between a protest and a provocation, much less the kindness and understanding of the human heart for those who mourn their lost loved ones. And you know nothing about our people; we don't want to dispense anybody's freedoms.

By at least their omissions I feel my country has let me down. Truth is it is more than a let-down but it has changed the tone of life in the US. Note my USA passport avatar and my central Mexico location. This is not by accident. Mexico has no enemies in the world. The only ones wanting to attack and invade us are our neighbors north of the border due to a constant barrage of media propoganda. Their reasons for wanting to do so are for problems their government has created here.

Our govt has created problems in Mexico? Yeah, like we're constantly trying to sneak over the border loaded with drugs and human slaves.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

fail, mate, living in someones country is far from dropping bombs on it or occupying it militarily, and you had a go at others comments.
. I'm done with this thread, alot of blind patriots loft around these topics like magnets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join