It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors burn American flag in London on 9/11 Moment of Silence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WoundedByHonesty

sarcasm is funny
but the joke is that is exactly what they want

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LauraDanning

But yeah, back on topic, it was probably the wrong thing to do, just distasteful timing, but I can understand the frustrations.

What was wrong with the timing? In Their shoes, wouldn't that be the PERFECT time? We caused 9/11, blamed it on Their countryhumes, and by extension, on Them, and then came blasting Our way into Their collective universe... Because of 9/11.

You may think that's "distasteful," but I'm guessing that was an expected, and even hoped-for, reaction.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

But yeah, back on topic, it was probably the wrong thing to do, just distasteful timing, but I can understand the frustrations.

What was wrong with the timing? In Their shoes, wouldn't that be the PERFECT time? We caused 9/11, blamed it on Their countryhumes, and by extension, on Them, and then came blasting Our way into Their collective universe... Because of 9/11.

You may think that's "distasteful," but I'm guessing that was an expected, and even hoped-for, reaction.

Yeah, I suppose they conveyed the message they wanted to. But you know how people are going to view it.

It all comes back full circle.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I never was bothered by flag burning. We burn our own flags.

I know that it is meant to cause anger....but really.... it just...does not bother me.... when it comes down to it, all they are burning is a piece of cloth...

I am just sick of the violence and anger in the world.... that's all. if it makes them feel better. so be it...

If it angers you... Well, there are much worse things in the world to get angry about.

Yeah. It's just a thing, an object. As long as They owned that piece of material, and burned it safely, who are We to say They can't or even shouldn't?

And... Yeah. If that is what One chooses to spend the energy of anger upon, that One is likely rather struggling to prioritize that One's universe.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

As disgusting as you think it is, they have every right to be upset at America & her endless Middle Eastern wars & drone bombings.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

yeah, not a lot of rocket science here, lol!

muslims in england burning american flags in the moment of silence on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

1/2 of them are followers and another 1/4 idiots and a 1/3rd of them were hoping for free beer, never mind,

i have no links for my stats.

just heard some good stuff about ron paul!!

gotta go!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Yeah, I suppose they conveyed the message they wanted to. But you know how people are going to view it.

It all comes back full circle.

If We let it. Stop it by taking blame, empathizing, accepting the actions of passion which hurt no One. And so I suggest We do, and not call this "disgusting." We are guilty of choosing to disgust over it. Choose instead to empathize with these People. And see the "flag" for the cloth it is, letting go of the "patriotic" umbrage.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I know that it is meant to cause anger....but really.... it just...does not bother me.... when it comes down to it, all they are burning is a piece of cloth...

I am just sick of the violence and anger in the world.... that's all. if it makes them feel better. so be it...

If it angers you... Well, there are much worse things in the world to get angry about.

You're sick of all the violence and anger in the world, yet you cannot see how their actions can anger cause anger in those whose memory of lost loved ones they want to defile with their hateful protest?

Try burning their flag in their country. Try drawing a cartoon of their messiah and you'll get death threats and your throat slit. Yet the only thing that matters to you all is that " if it makes them feel better. so be it...".

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

yeah, not a lot of rocket science here, lol!

muslims in england burning american flags in the moment of silence on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

1/2 of them are followers and another 1/4 idiots and a 1/3rd of them were hoping for free beer, never mind,

i have no links for my stats.

just heard some good stuff about ron paul!!

gotta go!

Irrespective of what country this took place in (aside from whether it was a country that took pride in allowing non-dangerous expressions of feelings), the immediate jump to "disgusting" as a choice of reactions is primarily a US thing. And Your flippancy suggests You lack empathy to a rather great degree.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

If We let it. Stop it by taking blame, empathizing, accepting the actions of passion which hurt no One. And so I suggest We do, and not call this "disgusting." We are guilty of choosing to disgust over it. Choose instead to empathize with these People. And see the "flag" for the cloth it is, letting go of the "patriotic" umbrage.

Empathize with them.
PC for apologize for them. And where had we occupied their lands before 9/11?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

You're sick of all the violence and anger in the world, yet you cannot see how their actions can anger cause anger in those whose memory of lost loved ones they want to defile with their hateful protest?

Whoa, hold on. Their actions do not "cause" anything in You or anyOne else. YOU make a choice, based on how You are thinking about what You see. If You choose to think of the "flag" as a piece of cloth which, owning it, They have all rights to burn safely, You will find that You will not feel angry. So... Choose to think in ways that do not evoke anger in Yourself and You will not evoke anger.

Point is... Don't blame Them for how We choose to respond.

Try burning their flag in their country. Try drawing a cartoon of their messiah and you'll get death threats and your throat slit. Yet the only thing that matters to you all is that " if it makes them feel better. so be it...".

Wow... Gee. They're not as open of mind as We claim to be, so We are "justified" in behaving closed-minded as well. Cool thought.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Regardless of what you all posted with your b1tching, people died that day and for now reason. The silence was for those innocent men, women & children....the ones that had no part in an of this!! I think it is bang out of order to burn the flag whilst that is going on. In my country as well.

Makes me want to go and set them on fire.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Whoa, hold on. Their actions do not "cause" anything in You or anyOne else. YOU make a choice, based on how You are thinking about what You see. If You choose to think of the "flag" as a piece of cloth which, owning it, They have all rights to burn safely, You will find that You will not feel angry. So... Choose to think in ways that do not evoke anger in Yourself and You will not evoke anger.

Typical. It has nothing to do with the flag per se. They would have been just as disgusting pigs had they burned a picture of the towers. And enough of the bubble gum philosophy...you sound silly.

It's easy for you to "empathize" with a mindset that can plunge a rusty knife into an innocent journalist's throat and then send the video to his pregnant wife, but not so easy for me.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Empathize with them.
PC for apologize for them. And where had we occupied their lands before 9/11?

Huh? I never said We did before 9/11. 9/11 was a satanic ritual, an insurance fraud, a pretext for war (to the profit of the war suppliers), a destruction of evidence, a stealing of the gold, scheme created by individuals directly involved at the highest level of Our government. You sound as if You're going to haul in that tattered excuse of an explanation for 9/11 called the "OS."

Apologize for Them? Never. If there is anything to apologize for, that is on Them. Understand and empathize? Every time. That is why I can see that We should take the blame.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think its odd that a lot of people, as individuals, choose to identify themselves with the political views of their countries. I hear a lot of "we as Americans think this' and "we as Muslims think that' Its impossible to identify ourselves as a collective (i.e. uh the human race) There is always an "us" and "them" that's how the governments of the world operate.... unfortunately.. Until they're abolished we are stuck.
My life and all before it are in homeostasis because of the way the world is run... *sigh* one day it shall end...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Typical. It has nothing to do with the flag per se. They would have been just as disgusting pigs had they burned a picture of the towers. And enough of the bubble gum philosophy...you sound silly.

And the "picture of the towers," being a piece of paper, if They owned it and burnt it safely, They have every right. On any day of the year. And if I sound silly to You now, some day You will understand. Or not. Your choice.

It's easy for you to "empathize" with a mindset that can plunge a rusty knife into an innocent journalist's throat and then send the video to his pregnant wife, but not so easy for me.

Um... Wow. How do You know that the cloth-burners had anything at all to do with that incident? That would be as if I said You planned 9/11 because You, too, live in that country.

But, in fact, though it's not pleasant, nor do I promote thinking in that fashion, I can empathize with even the violent Ones. The cloth-burners were surely NOT the violent kind.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I know this has been stated a thousand times but the so called patriot never seems to quite understand it.

1. Illegally invaded sovereign nations due to fabricated and blatantly false information (WMD)(O.B.L. behind 9/11).
2. Murdered 1 million plus citizens of invaded nations.
3. Use of depleted uranium ammunition (nuclear warfare) to contaminate the land.
4. Detain citizens of foreign nations without charges in secret prisons indefinitely.
5. Torture prisoners for information.
6. Bomb women, children and the elderly via drones.
7. Rape, execute and plant false evidence to cover war crimes.

The list could go on and on, and people wonder why the US is hated. So they burned a flag while the US burned men, women and children that had nothing to do with 9/11. I'm sure there will be those that will claim that I hate the US which is not the case. It is just a fact that when you do what the US does and has done, don't be surprised when you are hated by those whom you have subjected this horror too.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I hope this can give some perspective - Even if you believe that Muslims are all out to get us (some are, but only because we've been TERRORIZING them for a half century or so) as an AMERICAN and a PATRIOT you should have a belief that people are allowed to express themselves through words and actions (so long as those actions do not cause harm to others.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join